Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Why is Germany Dominating Europe? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why is Germany Dominating Europe? (2800 Views)

Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? / Why Do White South Africans Refuse To Go Back To Europe ? / A "mermaid" Sculpture Rises In Germany's Alster Lake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
Missy89:

Please what is the point of this garbage?
You said Germans dont want war, then you are showing me a link that shows their troops in another country that is not recognized by some members on the UN security council yet Germans sees nothing wrong with that.

You should really not discuss topics you do not understand.

Why would Germany need to ask the permission of the UN security council to be involved in Kosovo when Kosovo wants them to get involved in securing peace and fostering development? Do Germans also have to ask the UN security council if they want to offer refuge to people from Kosovo?

Does Poland have to ask permission of the UN security council if they decide to allow Americans to station troops IN THEIR COUNTRY? grin
Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by Missy89(f): 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Did I confirm or deny anything? No!
I asked you a question because I want you to be more specific.

Were you previously and specifically talking about Afghanistan? NO!
If you decide to jump into a discussion, make sure you make yourself clear because we are not talking about fashion here.
And before you call my post a lie, make sure you understand it.

Did you get what I was saying? Obviously not!

How does Germany's involvement in Afghanistan contradict me saying that MOST GERMAN people do not want to get involved in wars?

And then tell me how Germany's commitment in Kosovo is a war?
It is obvious you did not know what you were talking about.

If 20 out of 25 people dont want something and it is imposed on them, they protest. I ask again, how many Germans protested the Balkans and Afghanistan?

Germany deployed in Kosovo after Supporting the government in exile and stealing the territory from Serbia and bombed Belgrade as well. so yes they are there as a result of a war.

Fashion? lol. sounds like someone is mad.

Still dodging the question are we?. What are German troops doing in the middle east and why do they have one of the highest deployment mandate in NATO for ISAF if the people dont want war? The government not representing the people or u are not factual? which one?
Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by Missy89(f): 7:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You should really not discuss topics you do not understand.

Why would Germany need to ask the permission of the UN security council to be involved in Kosovo when Kosovo wants them to get involved in securing peace and fostering development? Do Germans also have to ask the UN security council if they want to offer refuge to people from Kosovo?

Does Poland have to ask permission of the UN security council if they decide to allow Americans to station troops IN THEIR COUNTRY? grin

That is not what i said. I never said they should ask for permission! .A country that does not have the full support of all the P5 members does not have full legitimacy diplomatically (That was my point) And they are not in Kosovo to keep peace. They started the war there by supporting the Kosovo Liberation Army and the Kosovo government in exile hiding in Germany. That is a fact.

All your ad hominem wont stick sorry.
Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
Missy89:

If 20 out of 25 people dont want something and it is imposed on them, they protest. I ask again, how many Germans protested the Balkans and Afghanistan?

Like I said, you didn't get my post before you called it a lie and you should confess it instead of brining oversimplified analogies.
MOST Germans do not want Germany to get involved in wars, a RECENT poll revealed.

The war in former Yugoslavia is not recent, neither is the Afghanistan war.
And for your information, many Germans were and are not happy with the war in Afghanistan.

Germany deployed in Kosovo after Supporting the government in exile and stealing the territory from Serbia and bombed Belgrade as well. so yes they are there as a result of a war.

Please, you can score points with such superficial descriptions when you discuss such topics with people who claim that the Roman Empire never collapsed, not with me. If you want to engage me in a discussion, make sure you do not describe a complex conflict with two sentences, which are not even proper sentences.

I am not here to have a beer parlor discussion.

Fashion? lol. sounds like someone is mad.

Still dodging the question are we?. What are German troops doing in the middle east and why do they have one of the highest deployment mandate in NATO for ISAF if the people dont want war? The government not representing the people or u are not factual? which one?

No, you are dodging questions here because you jump into the discussion without understanding it.

I would answer your questions but you lack the necessary background information.

I said that MOST Germans do not want to get involved in wars and the girl brings up conflicts that are more than 10 years old. grin

Now tell me, is Obama responsible for the mess that Bush created in Iraq?

Are there no anti-war sentiments in the USA despite the fact that the Bush administration invaded Afghanistan and Iraq?

grin grin grin

Germany is fighting a war in Kosovo. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by Missy89(f): 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Like I said, you didn't get my post before you called it a lie and you should confess it instead of brining oversimplified analogies.
MOST Germans do not want Germany to get involved in wars, a RECENT poll revealed.

The war in former Yugoslavia is not recent, neither is the Afghanistan war.
And for your information, many Germans were and are not happy with the war in Afghanistan.

Please, you can score points with such superficial descriptions when you discuss such topics with people who claim that the Roman Empire never collapsed, not with me. If you want to engage me in a discussion, make sure you do not describe a complex conflict with two sentences, which are not even proper sentences.

I am not here to have a beer parlor discussion.

No, you are dodging questions here because you jump into the discussion without understanding it.

I would answer your questions but you lack the necessary background information.

I said that MOST Germans do not want to get involved in wars and the girl brings up conflicts that are more than 10 years old. grin

Now tell me, is Obama responsible for the mess that Bush created in Iraq?

Are there no anti-war sentiments in the USA despite the fact that the Bush administration invaded Afghanistan and Iraq?

grin grin grin

Germany is fighting a war in Kosovo. grin grin grin

You are laughing at your own Ignorance and it is a pity u cant see it. Germany left over a thousand residual force in the middle east and have an ISAF mandate to keep over 3,000 (one of the highest in NATO). If the Germans are against Afghanistan, what are they still doing there. I am talking about recent deployments not when the war started so try harder.

Majority of Americans supported the war in Iraq and Afghanistan (Thanks to Govt propaganda machine). So the anti war was a minority . You are claiming that a majority of Germans oppose wars but they are still deploying recently. but there is no protest from the majority why?

paste the invisible pool so that i can shut up.

1 Like

Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
Missy89:

That is not what i said. I never said they should ask for permission! .A country that does not have the full support of all the P5 members does not have full legitimacy diplomatically (That was my point) And they are not in Kosovo to keep peace. They started the war there by supporting the Kosovo Liberation Army and the Kosovo government in exile hiding in Germany. That is a fact.

All your ad hominem wont stick sorry.

grin grin grin

Were you not trying to disprove my point that German people do NOT want to get involved in wars by saying the following:

If Germans TODAY dont want war, why are they not demanding for the withdrawal of their 1000 or so troops in the middle east? or the unit stationed in Kosovo? or why are they even there in the first place?

Can you see how st*upid it was to mention Kosovo to refute my point that Germans do not want to get involved in wars?

Why would Germans who call themselves pacifists or those who are against the German army getting involved in wars demand the troops to withdraw from Kosovo?

Unlike you, they know that Germany is not fighting a war in Kosovo. grin grin

Girl, you have made a foo*l of yourself.

Next time, be careful how you talk to me.
Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
Missy89:

You are laughing at your own Ignorance and it is a pity u cant see it. Germany left over a thousand residual force in the middle east and have an ISAF mandate to keep over 3,000 (one of the highest in NATO). If the Germans are against Afghanistan, what are they still doing there. I am talking about recent deployments not when the war started so try harder.

paste the invisible pool so that i can shut up.

We will talk about Afghanistan when you confess how st*upid it was to mention Kosovo to prove that MOST German people are NOT against the German army getting involved in wars.

Do you still believe Germany is fighting Kosovo? grin grin
Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by Missy89(f): 7:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

grin grin grin

Were you not trying to disprove my point that German people do NOT want to get involved in wars by saying the following:

If Germans TODAY dont want war, why are they not demanding for the withdrawal of their 1000 or so troops in the middle east? or the unit stationed in Kosovo? or why are they even there in the first place?

Can you see how st*upid it was to mention Kosovo to refute my point that Germans do not want to get involved in wars?

Why would Germans who call themselves pacifists or those who are against the German army getting involved in wars demand the troops to withdraw from Kosovo?

Unlike you, they know that Germany is not fighting a war in Kosovo. grin grin

Girl, you have made a foo*l of yourself.

Next time, be careful how you talk to me.

Quick question for you.

What circumstance led to their deployment in Kosovo and why are they still there?. Give me straight and precise answers and leave the petty ad hominem u are trying to use to mask your ignorance out of the argument.
Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by panafrican(m): 1:08am On Dec 01, 2014
I would support Germany invading Alasace -Lorraine in France and taking over that region. This would keep the French army busy, OUT OF AFRICA. grin
Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 01, 2014
I am really impressed by your indepth analysis of international politic, ladies. That's impressive! It is rare coming from women.

But i think @carefree is right. I have heard many Germans on the BBC's World Have Your Say programme say they do not want wars and would not like to be the US of Europe. I think they are being mindful of their Nazi past.
Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by Missy89(f): 3:39am On Dec 01, 2014
craziebone:
I am really impressed by your indepth analysis of international politic, ladies. That's impressive! It is rare coming from women.

But i think @carefree is right. I have heard many Germans on the BBC's World Have Your Say programme say they do not want wars and would not like to be the US of Europe. I think they are being mindful of their Nazi past.

But they have been acting like the US of Europe nevertheless and where is the majority that didn't want war? cant be found!

German pacifism wasn't a choice. It was imposed on them because of their criminal past but even at that, the leopard cant wash away its spots hence their Balkans intervention immediately after unification and their middle east exploits. their analyst were even saying those wars have helped them shed the shame and brought back pride to the Bundeswehr.

Their crimes didn't even start from the second world war, they have committed genocide few decades before that in their African colonies of South-West Africa.
Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by ArtanK(m): 4:36am On Dec 01, 2014
craziebone:

Ghana came closest

We knew we would win the group so we gave the Ghanaians a chance grin there was more at stake against Algeria.

Jk Ghana played well.
Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 01, 2014
ArtanK:

We knew we would win the group so we gave the Ghanaians a chance grin there was more at stake against Algeria.

Jk Ghana played well.

you almost lost that match in forteleiza. You threw in all you had but escaped with a narrow draw. Congrats to you, anyway.

@miss, i know about their genocide in Namibia. The skulls of their victims are still there in a museum in Berlin. @artak, what do you think about that? Do you think germans want wars any more?do you think the US may lose Germany to the Russians?
Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
Missy89:

But they have been acting like the US of Europe nevertheless and where is the majority that didn't want war? cant be found!

German pacifism wasn't a choice. It was imposed on them because of their criminal past but even at that, the leopard cant wash away its spots hence their Balkans intervention immediately after unification and their middle east exploits. their analyst were even saying those wars have helped them shed the shame and brought back pride to the Bundeswehr.

Their crimes didn't even start from the second world war, they have committed genocide few decades before that in their African colonies of South-West Africa.

Girl, you are still here talking after you claimed that Germany is involved in a war in Kosovo? Which war? grin
You didn't know that Germany is not fighting in Kosovo? You didn't know that the two countries have very strong ties?
And you have the audacity to continue talking?

You are talking about Leopards and spots and painting complex world affairs in simple black white, good vs bad categories?
I guess you have also forgotten what the diverse African tribes were doing to each other in the past.

NOW EXPLAIN TO US how the war in former Yugoslavia and the Afghanistan war prove that a MAJORITY of German people opposes military interventions?

1 Like

Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by panafrican(m): 11:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
The warmonger in Europe in this 21st Century is FRANCE not Germany. Just see how Sarkozy and his successor Hollande acted in Cote d'Ivoire , Libya and Syria. One also knows how Mr. Chirac was so anti Milosevic during the crisis in the former Yugoslavia.
Re: Why is Germany Dominating Europe? by ArtanK(m): 6:03am On Dec 02, 2014
craziebone:

you almost lost that match in forteleiza. You threw in all you had but escaped with a narrow draw. Congrats to you, anyway.

@miss, i know about their genocide in Namibia. The skulls of their victims are still there in a museum in Berlin. @artak, what do you think about that? Do you think germans want wars any more?do you think the US may lose Germany to the Russians?

I agree with Miss Carefreewannabe, most Germans dislike war and USA's foreign policies.

I think if the US continues to undermine and spy on Germany, their damaged relationship will only get worse. Obviously I can't tell you if Germany will side with Russia in the future. No less than 30% of Germany's natural oil and gas comes from Russia but still Russian and German relations are going through a rough patch as well because of the Ukraine crisis. Only time will tell how things will unfold.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamic Supremacists, Stealth Jihadists And Fools Protest Israeli Self-defense / Russian Media Released A Video Of A Destroyed Slovakian S-300 Given To Ukraine . / Watch Slain Quds Commander Qassem Soleimani Threaten Donald Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.