Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures (3502 Views)

I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) / Beware Of Konga Scam !!! / My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by cvibe2: 6:27am On Nov 28, 2014
Mods please FB

I've heard a lot about black Friday, seen many Konga adverts. Today 28th Nov 2014, I decided to search on Google for Konga. I clicked to visit the site, and my antivirus warned me. See pics.

I tried to find the owner Sim Shagaya's contact/email to inform him, but since I don't do twitter and can't visit Konga due to virus warning, I am here on Nairaland.

If you have their contact and bold enough to visit the site, please inform them to fix the issue

Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Godmother(f): 6:31am On Nov 28, 2014
Wow! This is huge
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by luvlyoracle(m): 6:39am On Nov 28, 2014
sad
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Amastermovic(m): 6:44am On Nov 28, 2014
Na only u waka kom.komot ur antivirus nw..naija self na Virus nation..BUH i gat komot my antivirus or else na hunger go kill me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Gboliwe: 6:44am On Nov 28, 2014
This is strange! I visit and shop Konga.com regularly but I have never seen anything like this before. I even shop with my phone. I have active Nortorn Antivirus and Macfree.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by holatin(m): 6:46am On Nov 28, 2014
eleyi gidigan
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by webincomeplus(m): 6:51am On Nov 28, 2014
Some antivirus packaged are just overzealous...they go extra miles trying to show you that they're working. There's no problem with Konga.com. I was there hours back, and my own antivirus didn't sniff any problem.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 28, 2014
mcafee be like nigerian police. thief go come, steal and go, nigerian police go enter begin arrest innocent passerby.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by iykbethany(m): 7:53am On Nov 28, 2014
I am on Konga website at the moment I didn't receive any warnings from my mcafee.
I believe its safe to shop on Konga
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by nenergy(m): 8:10am On Nov 28, 2014
webincomeplus:
Some antivirus packaged are just overzealous...they go extra miles trying to show you that they're working. There's no problem with Konga.com. I was there hours back, and my own antivirus didn't sniff any problem.
True talk. False positive tinz. grin
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 28, 2014
@OP do not be scared.. the report is true but funny.. every time i shop konga, they keep asking me to buy something else, they want to know what TV i have in my house, my girl-friend's name etc.. they are just profiling you so they can sell more things to you. google does the same thing but are more coded
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Skywalker5(m): 8:42am On Nov 28, 2014
Maybe you clicked on a spoofed website or konga site is not secured properly with https

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Mack3N: 8:53am On Nov 28, 2014
Gboliwe:
This is strange! I visit and shop Konga.com regularly but I have never seen anything like this before. I even shop with my phone. I have active Nortorn Antivirus and Macfree.

why do you have 2 different antivirus programs running?
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Gboliwe: 8:57am On Nov 28, 2014
Mack3N:

why do you have 2 different antivirus programs running?

My dear, I can't say o. I used to have the Macfree but I always wasn't comfortable with it. Like I didn't trust it could do the job so I uninstalled it or thought I did, bought the Norton and installed. But I notice that both of them still run. I don't know what else to do, so I left them both.
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Gboliwe: 8:59am On Nov 28, 2014
voltron:
@OP do not be scared.. the report is true but funny.. every time i shop konga, they keep asking me to buy something else, they want to know what TV i have in my house, my girl-friend's name etc.. they are just profiling you so they can sell more things to you. google does the same thing but are more coded

Konga doesn't do this to me, its Jumia that behaves like this
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2014
Gboliwe:

My dear, I can't say o. I used to have the Macfree but I always wasn't comfortable with it. Like I didn't trust it could do the job so I uninstalled it or thought I did, bought the Norton and installed. But I notice that both of them still run. I don't know what else to do, so I left them both.

OP you don't run two antivirus software at the same time ....that's the reason you are getting those warnings
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Gboliwe: 10:56am On Nov 28, 2014
Mrkuvuki:

OP you don't run two antivirus software at the same time ....that's the reason you are getting those warnings

I am NOT the OP plus I am not getting any warnings
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
False positive. Calm down antivirus.
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by nairaman66(m): 12:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
cvibe2:
Mods please FB

I've heard a lot about black Friday, seen many Konga adverts. Today 28th Nov 2014, I decided to search on Google for Konga. I clicked to visit the site, and my antivirus warned me. See pics.

I tried to find the owner Sim Shagaya's contact/email to inform him, but since I don't do twitter and can't visit Konga due to virus warning, I am here on Nairaland.

If you have their contact and bold enough to visit the site, please inform them to fix the issue

The OP computer is infested with Viruses! I was at konga.com a few minutes ago!!
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Vstuffs(m): 1:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
Lol...............
Better use avast internet security

And my best antivirus BAIDU
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by hatux: 2:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
This one is strong o...
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by damcqute(m): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
i shop on konga everyday. my browser tabs are filled with konga pages. i use a regularly updated Norton antivirus and i have never been warned about it. Discard your asherman's syndrome causing antivirus cos it may bar you from progress.
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by cvibe2: 6:48am On Nov 29, 2014
Damcqute maybe you should call Konga's attention to this.
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by abhosts(m): 8:47am On Nov 29, 2014
Konga should contact mcafee to Find out why they are being blacklisted. It might be their rivals at work.
Re: Beware Of Konga .com It Is A Dangerous Website For Virus. See Pictures by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
abhosts:
Konga should contact mcafee to Find out why they are being blacklisted. It might be their rivals at work.
No need for that, there scores of android antivirus hard to beat, cm antivirus+applock, avg,avast, trustgo, bitdefender

(1) (Reply)

Konga Self Delivery Service At Portharcourt And Abuja / Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria / NSE: Volatility Persists As Equity Market Sheds N5bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.