Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

See What Nearly Ran Me Wild - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See What Nearly Ran Me Wild (1567 Views)

Speeding Vehicle That Failed Brake Ran Into Ikosi-ketu Branch Of Mr Biggs(photos / Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today / Bmw760li Vs. Mercedes S63 The Beast Versus The Wild Cat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Nearly Ran Me Wild by nurey(m): 9:14am On Nov 28, 2014
For three days now I had been hearing an uneven sound from my car so I checked my dash cause when I mistakenly switch my O/D off from the gear (2000 toyota sienna) I always hear that sound, it wasn't that, I stopped to check whether the dangling sliding door rubber was the one making the noise I fixed that and the sound continued.
The sound was gaga gaga like the tyre wasn't round again but hexagonal, the front tyre on the passenger side looks like it could use a re-guaging and I had decided it was the cause but my number one suspect wasn't the tyre but rod or a wire had loosen and was drifting to the wheel causing the problem.

I decided to wash the car but I didn't want to wash the tyre at first but eventually decided to and lo and behold stuck in the passenger back tyre was a nut slightly bigger than a nail and well placed in a tight spot. It was hard to notice because the mirror at the back side can never be closed and the windows are really sound proof I was lucky because I had thought of removing the front wheel and using the extra and if I had done that It would still be making noise and I would have decided to loosen the whole leg.

Re: See What Nearly Ran Me Wild by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
nurey:
For three days now I had been hearing an uneven sound from my car so I checked my dash cause when I mistakenly switch my O/D off from the gear (2000 toyota sienna) I always hear that sound, it wasn't that, I stopped to check whether the dangling sliding door rubber was the one making the noise I fixed that and the sound continued.
The sound was gaga gaga like the tyre wasn't round again but hexagonal, the front tyre on the passenger side looks like it could use a re-guaging and I had decided it was the cause but my number one suspect wasn't the tyre but rod or a wire had loosen and was drifting to the wheel causing the problem.

I decided to wash the car but I didn't want to wash the tyre at first but eventually decided to and lo and behold stuck in the passenger back tyre was a nut slightly bigger than a nail and well placed in a tight spot. It was hard to notice because the mirror at the back side can never be closed and the windows are really sound proof I was lucky because I had thought of removing the front wheel and using the extra and if I had done that It would still be making noise and I would have decided to loosen the whole leg.

Bolded How? Or you have a bolt in the spare as well? shocked
Re: See What Nearly Ran Me Wild by benefitzte: 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
My brand new front passenger tire picked up d same size bolt last week. Noticed that when am driving on a Tared road at low speed d noise wld come up so I just knew I must ve picked up a nail.
Re: See What Nearly Ran Me Wild by nurey(m): 2:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Bolded How? Or you have a bolt in the spare as well? shocked

My first thought was to fix the extra tyre in the front first, if I had done that I would have tested the car and the sound would still be there since I can't scan the car I would then ask the mecho to lOosen the leg and let's see what is wrong, I was skeptical though because the steering didn't give any know issue like vibrating or car drifting to one side if steering was left but I was really annoyed because I could just stop in the middle of the road and be looking under my car even when parked like the car was about to lay egg. Lol

So fellows if you hear a sound that feels like the tyre is uneven try to visually check for stocked bolts on it. It wasn't easy noticing as u can see the bolt fitted well and there was a very very minimal air leak in the tyre reason for not finding out easily and quickly.
Re: See What Nearly Ran Me Wild by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
nurey:

My first thought was to fix the extra tyre in the front first, if I had done that I would have tested the car and the sound would still be there since I can't scan the car I would then ask the mecho to lOosen the leg and let's see what is wrong, I was skeptical though because the steering didn't give any know issue like vibrating or car drifting to one side if steering was left but I was really annoyed because I could just stop in the middle of the road and be looking under my car even when parked like the car was about to lay egg. Lol

So fellows if you hear a sound that feels like the tyre is uneven try to visually check for stocked bolts on it. It wasn't easy noticing as u can see the bolt fitted well and there was a very very minimal air leak in the tyre reason for not finding out easily and quickly.

Boss if there's a bolt in your tyre and you put your spare on that wheel problem is solved. Try reason am.

1 Like

Re: See What Nearly Ran Me Wild by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
You don't understand. He thought it was the front tyre that was faulty, and if he changed that front tyre with the spare the sound would still be there

the faulty tyre was the "passenger back tyre"

Don't worry, you're not alone. Somebody liked your post smiley
nurey:
. . .

Re: See What Nearly Ran Me Wild by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:53am On Nov 29, 2014
I see.

Experienced men. angry
Re: See What Nearly Ran Me Wild by chosen124: 9:43am On Nov 29, 2014
that tire is worn change it
Re: See What Nearly Ran Me Wild by lordmassac(m): 9:53am On Nov 29, 2014
It has happened to my sienna before (same position). What I did was; file off the nut head with a file and leave the rest of the screw in the tire (as per say I broke that time. 25K!)... Me I use the tire like that o for more than 5 months self without any ish.

1 Like

Re: See What Nearly Ran Me Wild by oweniwe(m): 11:11am On Nov 29, 2014
^^ Na wa o grin grin

u nor dey fear say the tyre fit burst in motion ?
Re: See What Nearly Ran Me Wild by nurey(m): 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
lordmassac:
It has happened to my sienna before (same position). What I did was; file off the nut head with a file and leave the rest of the screw in the tire (as per say I broke that time. 25K!)... Me I use the tire like that o for more than 5 months self without any ish.

Leaving the nut without filing it would have even helped the tyre to last for years without deflating, the cap of the nut was well placed so the was very minimal leak but I couldn't live with the gaa gaa sound
Re: See What Nearly Ran Me Wild by lordmassac(m): 11:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
oweniwe:
^^ Na wa o grin grin
u nor dey fear say the tyre fit burst in motion ?
Burst ke? That is the advantage of tubless na grin
nurey:

Leaving the nut without filing it would have even helped the tyre to last for years without deflating, the cap of the nut was well placed so the was very minimal leak but I couldn't live with the gaa gaa sound

I hate sounds when driving... Morover, the cap will cause the tyre to bounce when on high speed. With these two, how I wan take enjoy my driving?

(1) (Reply)

This Is The New BMW 7 Series, A Rolling Temple To High-tech / Speeding Hymns / Top Five Car Model Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.