Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,991 members, 7,814,385 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Having A Big Baby During Pregnancy? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Having A Big Baby During Pregnancy? (4611 Views)

Does Andrew's Liver Salt Prevent Pregnancy? / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having A Big Baby During Pregnancy? by opcon(f): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
The term macrosomia is used for big babies(above 4.5kg during birth)

My first baby weighed 4.1kg and they had to tear me(episiotomy). Now I am almost due for the 2nd and the doc says this one is really big. I have to take a scan on the 36th week so they could check the weight. I have been worried since. I avoided every junk, ate normal meals yet it didn't work. I don't subscribe to taking concussions to reduce baby weight as it has some side effects detrimental to baby's nervous development. However, the tot of vaginal birth........ Its possible there would be no tear and is also possible there could.
I am worried o! Pls any 1 with experience kindly share.
Re: Having A Big Baby During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 29, 2014
Hi there, I can see you're scared, it's okay to be but please try to stay calm for your baby smiley

If the baby is too big, you'll most likely deliver via c-section, how do you feel about that? I won't advise you to reduce your weight now, you can watch what you eat to avoid gaining so much but don't try to reduce your current size, it can affect the baby.

If your efforts to maintain your weight fails and you gain much then please prepare your mind for a possible c-section. I know it can be scary but lots of women go through it and recover in good time, most doctors use a bikini cut so the incision line can stay hidden when you put on your underwear.

I'm sending you lots of warm hugs and reassuring smiles okay, best of luck sweetie smiley

3 Likes

Re: Having A Big Baby During Pregnancy? by bibinwaka: 9:20am On Nov 29, 2014
start drinking green tea work like magic.
Re: Having A Big Baby During Pregnancy? by opcon(f): 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
Thanks xcelsia. I am trying to b calm. Whatever it comes to I just want my baby and I ok. I will keep us posted.

1 Like

Re: Having A Big Baby During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 29, 2014
opcon:
Thanks xcelsia. I am trying to b calm. Whatever it comes to I just want my baby and I ok. I will keep us posted.
Yes love please do and I admire your resolve, let your maternal instincts take over wink smiley
Re: Having A Big Baby During Pregnancy? by kemiola89(f): 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
Like someone rightly said cut low on your junk intake. Wish you a normal delivery.

(1) (Reply)

How To Delay Release To Last Longer In Bed / Ever Wonder Why Our Grand Mothers Had Flat Tummies Despite Having Many Children / Staph Aureus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.