Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (655087 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
obixcel:
Did I or anyone say we shouldn't question our leaders - of course Leaders should be held accountable. You didn't even answer d bolded, u just deflected. Did u question or critique your supposed ''Hero'', Obama, for the entire 8 years? if Yes please Highlight some of them.
I answered you but you are just like your idol trump. You just hear what you want to. Will answer you again for clarity. I said by not holding the leaders in Nigeria accountable for their deeds, that's why the country is a mess. I was in Lagos when $9 million was discovered in some non descript house in Kaduna and recently about $50 million in a house in Osborne, Ikoyi. Where was the overwhelming outrage ?. Imagine something like that here in US ?. We do not allow our leaders to run circle over us and that's what makes our Democracy top notch. I critiqued Obama a lot when he failed to close Guantanamo base in Cuba as he promised. I did again when he failed in his promise to withdraw our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan . I critiqued him when he didn't go for Single Payer Health insurance like the ones in Canada and Western Europe. I don't worship my leaders or anyone unlike you trump's cult followers. That's the difference between us.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
Praying for Ossof to get above 50% of the votes today. He's up against 11 republicans. He needs all the votes he can get.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I answered you but you are just like your idol trump. You just hear what you want to. Will answer you again for clarity. I said by not holding the leaders in Nigeria accountable for their deeds, that's why the country is a mess. I was in Lagos when $9 million was discovered in some non descript house in Kaduna and recently about $50 million in a house in Osborne, Ikoyi. Where was the overwhelming outrage ?. Imagine something like that here in US ?. We do not allow our leaders to run circle over us and that's what makes our Democracy top notch. I critiqued Obama a lot when he failed to close Guantanamo base in Cuba as he promised. I did again when he failed in his promise to withdraw our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan . I critiqued him when he didn't go for Single Payer Health insurance like the ones in Canada and Western Europe. I don't worship my leaders or anyone unlike you trump's cult followers. That's the difference between us.
There is no difference, cos Neither do I, I worship no man but God. I have said it here in this thread that Trump has his own flaws and hence would also make mistakes, no man is invincible. As for your assertions on Leadership accountability,You can peddle that to the masses, It's a general known rule that citizens should hold their Leaders accountable anywhere around the world. It's unfortunate that Nigeria's case is strangely different. That being said, It doesn't exempt d fact that u yourself in particular delight in railing insults d moment one counters your opinions.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2017
Trump advertised a book titled ''Reasons To vote for Democrats'', Guess what, the pages of the book are all empty. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
obixcel:
There is no difference, cos Neither do I, I worship no man but God. I have said it here in this thread that Trump has his own flaws and hence would also make mistakes, no man is invincible. As for your assertions on Leadership accountability,You can peddle that to the masses, It's a general known rule that citizens should hold their Leaders accountable anywhere around the world. It's unfortunate that Nigeria's case is strangely different. That being said, It doesn't exempt d fact that u yourself in particular delight in railing insults d moment one counters your opinions.
I do not rain insults on you unnecessarily. What bugs me about people like you and your ilks is the unflinching supports for racists and right wing thugs in America. I have lived with the bigots here all my life and nothing gets under my skin like racism and your trump is a big time racist. I followed the case of Central Park Five closely because those guys were about the same age as I was and trump advocating death penalty for those black and brown guys even after DNA proved their innocence and they were awarded several million $ in compensation . That's what people like myself take umbrage at. People like you who don't know what minorities face in America trying to lord the racist over us. If trump hates Obama for his skin color hence the Birther garbage, think of what he will think of your kind in Africa ?. There's a reason over 90% of us African Americans loathes him . Don't tell me over 90% of American blacks don't know what we are doing. We loathes him because we know him better than you in Africa . You are expecting him to give you your independence from Nigeria which I don't have any problem with but the Bottomline is that he won't do nothing for you because he doesn't even think Africa exist.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I do not rain insults on you unnecessarily. What bugs me about people like you and your ilks is the unflinching supports for racists and right wing thugs in America. I have lived with the bigots here all my life and nothing gets under my skin like racism and your trump is a big time racist. I followed the case of Central Park Five close because those guys were about the same age as I was and trump advocating death penalty for those black and brown guys even after DNA proved their innocence and they were awarded several million $ in compensation . That's what people like myself take umbrage at. People like you who don't know what minorities face in America trying to lord the racist over us. If trump hates Obama for his skin color hence the Birther garbage, think of what he will think of your kind in Africa ?. There's a reason over 90% of us African Americans loathes him . Don't tell me over 90% of American blacks don't know what we are doing. We loathes him because we know him better than you in Africa . You are expecting him to give you your independent from Nigeria which I don't have any problem with but the Bottomline is that he won't do nothing for you because he doesn't even think Africa exist.
Yes u do, I have lost count. There u go again, u need to change ur mentality and stop playing the victim every single time. Moreover, I am not among d ones asking or hoping for whatever independence. If u think my name sounds like one u wrong - not from the east. You need to tell your fellow African Americans to stop the black on black crimes - More blacks are killed by their fellow blacks like never before.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
obixcel:
Yes u do, I have lost count. There u go again, u need to change ur mentality and stop playing the victim every single time. Moreover, I am not among d ones asking or hoping for whatever independence. If u think my name sounds like one u wrong - not from the east. You need to tell your fellow African Americans to stop the black on black crimes - More blacks are killed by their fellow blacks like never before.
Here you go again with your know nothing attitude about America . Yes, Blacks kill more Blacks because they live together the same way Whites kill more Whites because they live together. You are just regurgitating the same bs you get from the right wing blogs and Faux News. You probably think blacks are more on welfare than whites in America. There are more whites people on welfare than blacks but people like you hates your own people to please your masters. Those blacks you are referring to in America are the most successful Black people in the World. What do you have to say about that since your white lords wouldn't tell you that. Don't Nigerians commit crime against Nigerians ?. So what's your point about blacks telling blacks to stop killing each other ?. The racists in America you follow on blogs get your mind messed up thinking like that.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Here you go again with your know nothing attitude about America . Yes, Blacks kill more Blacks because they live together the same way Whites kill more Whites because they live together. You are just regurgitating the same bs you get from the right wing blogs and Faux News. You probably think blacks are more on welfare than whites in America. There are more whites people on welfare than blacks but people like you hates your own people to please your masters. Those blacks you are referring to in America are the most successful Black people in the World. What do you have to say about that since your white lords wouldn't tell you that. Don't Nigerians commit crime against Nigerians ?. So what's your point about blacks telling blacks to stop killing each other ?. The racists in America you follow on blogs get your mind messed up thinking like that.
Whatever....be a good advocate for love and brotherliness amongst yourselves. I don't need to live in America to know this. Have a great day.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by koboko69: 11:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
vedaxcool:

please disregard the opinion of pa Chukwudi. ...at his age he covers for corrupt politicians in Nigeria rather shamelessly.

Lol. I'm surprised they don't know the old man. Bitter omo ibo...

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 12:09am On Apr 19, 2017
ValerianSteel:
Praying for Ossof to get above 50% of the votes today. He's up against 11 republicans. He needs all the votes he can get.
I say a big Amen to that. We need to send a message to Republicons that Americans are angry.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 5:36am On Apr 19, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I say a big Amen to that. We need to send a message to Republicons that Americans are angry.
We are heading for a run off. Trump spent the whole day attacking Ossof online that shows how worried republicans are. Seats they win by huge margins in gerrymandered districts are now highly competitive.

Ossof took 48% of the votes in a field of 17 republican candidates. The real fight is in June and I hope we get that seat. That would send a message to the GOP no matter the negative ads, big money or lies we won't back down.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:53am On Apr 19, 2017
ValerianSteel:
We are heading for a run off. Trump spent the whole day attacking Ossof online that shows how worried republicans are. Seats they win by huge margins in gerrymandered districts are now highly competitive.

Ossof took 48% of the votes in a field of 17 republican candidates. The real fight is in June and I hope we get that seat. That would send a message to the GOP no matter the negative ads, big money or lies we won't back down.
I am confident that Ossof will win in June but it's gonna be a tough race no doubt. 6 is changing a lot with a lots of educated people moving in around Marrieta and it's Suburban area. We have to help out Ossof financially since it's gonna be one expensive campaign.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 1:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
ValerianSteel:

Lol.

If he can't win with 17 republican candidates, how can he win when the party unites against him? He spent more money than all the republicans combined( over 8 million outside money).

Keep deceiving your self.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2017
obixcel:
Trump advertised a book titled ''Reasons To vote for Democrats'', Guess what, the pages of the book are all empty. grin grin grin

That book was a best seller

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
Missy89:

Lol.

If he can't win with 17 republican candidates, how can he win when the party unites against him? He spent more money than all the republicans combined( over 8 million outside money).

I agree that it would take a miracle for him to defeat Karen Handel. After all, he got only 48% of the vote. It's plausible that Handel would score over 50% in June, but it's still going to be a close one.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
CFCman:

I agree that it would take a miracle for him to defeat Karen Handel. After all, he got only 48% of the vote. It's plausible that Handel would score over 50% in June, but it's still going to be a close one.
A seat that's been in republican column for almost 40 years and the Orange a*s lickers are jubilating that's going to a runoff. Funny people are abound on nairaland . That's the same seat Speaker Gingrich held for almost 3 decades and Tom Price held before becoming Secreatary of HHS. For Ostoff to get 48% is an indictment on the president and Republicons. Meanwhile, the New England Patriots , Super Bowl Champions are going to White House as the tradition is and 50% of the players are not going out of protests to the clueless clown in the Oval Office. Way to go and that shows a lots of people do not like kissing orange a*s like some faceless people with orange lips on nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
Lucasbalo:
A seat that's been in republican column for almost 40 years and the Orange a*s lickers are jubilating that's going to a runoff. Funny people are abound on nairaland . That's the same seat Speaker Gingrich held for almost 3 decades and Tom Price held before becoming Secreatary of HHS. For Osfoff to get 48% is an indictment on the president and Republicons. Meanwhile, the New England Patriots , Super Bowl Champions are going to White House as the tradition is and 50% of the players are not going out of protests to the clueless clown in the Oval Office. Way to go and that shows a lots of people do not like kissing orange a*s like some faceless people with orange lips on nairaland.

The thing is that if Trump's approval rate dips below 40%, or stays around 40% by June, Ossoff would win. But as Trump tweeted against him saying that "he would bring illegal immigrants into the country" grin, Ossoff would be served well by linking Handel to the Republican agenda of gutting Obamacare

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
CFCman:

The thing is that if Trump's approval rate dips below 40%, or stays around 40% by June, Ossoff would win. But as Trump tweeted against him saying that "he would bring illegal immigrants into the country" grin, Ossoff would be served well by linking Handel to the Republican agenda of gutting Obamacare
Like you rightly pointed out, it's gonna be a hell of a fight and the debate will be interesting. My brother lives in Marrietta, Georgia and that's the heart of 6 and he told me that the Demographics are changing and more educated people are moving in driving the trash out to their rural enclaves. Trump is going to inject himself into this election and that will be what will make Ostoff the winner.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 8:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
President Donald Trump Signs Bill to Extend Veterans Choice Program
President Donald Trump signed a bill to extend the Veterans Choice Program at the Oval Office on Wednesday, inviting influential veterans groups to join him.
“The veterans have poured out their sweat and blood and tears for this country for so long, and it’s time that they’re recognized, and it’s time that we now take care of them, and take care of them properly,” Trump said.

The bill allows veterans to seek private care outside of the VA system, if they live more than 40 miles away from a VA hospital or can’t get an appointment within 30 days. Trump specifically thanked Senator John McCain and Senator Johnny Isakson for their work on the bill, as well as Rep. Phil Roe, the Chairman of the House Committee on Veterans Affairs.

“Some people have to travel five hours, eight hours, and they’ll have to do it on a weekly basis, and even worse than that,” Trump said. “It’s not going to happen anymore.”

Trump was joined by Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin, who praised the bill.

“This is a good day for veterans,” he said. “This is a great day to celebrate not only what veterans have contributed to the country, but how we’re making things better for them.”

The extension of the bill passed by Congress authorized the sharing of medical records to hospitals outside the VA and modifies the procedures for reimbursement for private hospitals.
**I think this is a plausible move, Good one from him, always remembering the ones who served with sweat and blood.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 8:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
Steve Harvey: Trump ‘Keeping His Promise’ on Inner City Housing
Comedian and Family Feud host Steve Harvey says President Donald Trump has been making good on his promises to help restore America’s underprivileged communities. “As for as doing what he promised me he would do, he is doing it,” Harvey told TMZ. “I’m working with HUD. I’m going to get some housing for underprivileged people. We’re going to set up some centers around the country. I’ve met with HUD. It’s going really well. God willing, it will work out.”

He’s keeping his word to what he said he would do,” Harvey added when asked if he was happy with the job Trump has done so far.

**It's refreshing to see someone in the entertainment business who isn't afraid to stand up for their principles instead of carrying water for the liberal progressives
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
obixcel:
Steve Harvey: Trump ‘Keeping His Promise’ on Inner City Housing
Comedian and Family Feud host Steve Harvey says President Donald Trump has been making good on his promises to help restore America’s underprivileged communities. “As for as doing what he promised me he would do, he is doing it,” Harvey told TMZ. “I’m working with HUD. I’m going to get some housing for underprivileged people. We’re going to set up some centers around the country. I’ve met with HUD. It’s going really well. God willing, it will work out.”

He’s keeping his word to what he said he would do,” Harvey added when asked if he was happy with the job Trump has done so far.

**It's refreshing to see someone in the entertainment business who isn't afraid to stand up for their principles instead of carrying water for the liberal progressives
Since you know America better than Americans, tell me one thing trump has done to the inner cities of America since he became president ?. You never fail to show your ignorance.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 12:30am On Apr 20, 2017
MSNBC ‘Counter-Terrorism Analyst’ Calls for ISIS Bombing of Trump Property
In another extraordinary outburst, MSNBC “counter-terrorism analyst” Malcolm Nance called on the Islamic State to bomb a building owned by Donald Trump in the Turkish city of Istanbul.
Responding to a photo of a Trump property in Istanbul, Nance tweeted: “This is my nominee for the first ISIS suicide bombing of a Trump property.” He later deleted the tweet but has yet to issue an apology or explanation.

**Unbelievable! It seems to me that virtually the entire "news media" has gone to hell grin

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 12:57am On Apr 20, 2017
Democrats spent $8.3 million and still lost!! grin grin What d hell is going on!! #OssoffTheTossOff
Don "the loser" Lemmon from CNN was so hyped last night as he was interviewing David Axelrod about this and how it was a referendum on Trump. They were so smug and confident, it was sickening. This was the first time I watched CNN since election night in November. But I had to see their upbeat demeanor last night to thoroughly enjoy their misery that much more today. Even after $10 million in support and an 11 person race on the republican side, Ossoff still could not break 50%. Yet today the msm still acts as if this is a message to Trump. Unbelievable!!
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:03am On Apr 20, 2017
Missy89:

Lol.

Your party couldn't unite behind 1 candidate to take him on. Our Clown in Chief spent all day lying and attacking him. The NRA ran negative ads against him and even had to pull an ad that was full of lies.

Newsflash, we didn't get to 51% but we came close than we've ever done in 30 years and outperformed 17 republican candidates in a republican district that's been easily won by 40% over the past 3 decades. Feeling the heat yet?

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:05am On Apr 20, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I am confident that Ossof will win in June but it's gonna be a tough race no doubt. 6 is changing a lot with a lots of educated people moving in around Marrieta and it's Suburban area. We have to help out Ossof financially since it's gonna be one expensive campaign.
I don't care how much we have to spend on all these seats. Republican -1 in the House and Senate is all am after.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:09am On Apr 20, 2017
Rumors have it Jason Chaffetz is being blackmailed by Russia against investigating Trump so he decides not to seek re-election. Dr Katherine Allen already outraised him, another red seat that would have been competitive in 2018.

The Hill reports his campaign has registered 2 domains, 1 suggests a run for president grin grin grin

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 1:13am On Apr 20, 2017
ValerianSteel:
I don't care how much we have to spend on all these seats. Republican -1 in the House and Senate is all am after.
Just like how Hillary outspent Trump and Lost grin grin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:53am On Apr 20, 2017
obixcel:
Just like how Hillary outspent Trump and Lost grin grin
She had 3million more votes. Unfortunately for your sad logic, House races are not determined by the Electoral College tongue It's the popular vote wink

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 2:09am On Apr 20, 2017
ValerianSteel:
Your party couldn't unite behind 1 candidate to take him on. Our Clown in Chief spent all day lying and attacking him. The NRA ran negative ads against him and even had to pull an ad that was full of lies.

Newsflash, we didn't get to 51% but we came close than we've ever done in 30 years and outperformed 17 republican candidates in a republican district that's been easily won by 40% over the past 3 decades. Feeling the heat yet?

What heat?

If he can't win with 11 GOP candidates on the ballot ( splitting the votes ) and 9 million funding, You really think he can win in June? There is nothing like "almost won" in politics. Handel didn't even spend 500k. Keep dreaming.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 2:12am On Apr 20, 2017
ValerianSteel:
She had 3million more votes. Unfortunately for your sad logic, House races are not determined by the Electoral College tongue It's the popular vote wink

GOP won the popular vote last nite.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:43am On Apr 20, 2017
ValerianSteel:
Rumors have it Jason Chaffetz is being blackmailed by Russia against investigating Trump so he decides not to seek re-election. Dr Katherine Allen already outraised him, another red seat that would have been competitive in 2018.

The Hill reports his campaign has registered 2 domains, 1 suggests a run for president grin grin grin
Jason Chaffez is one of the Republicon bogey man. You saw how he was foaming in the mouth with Hillary E mail scandal and now he couldn't do jack about Russiagate . Typical Republicon hypocrisy. Good riddance to him. Their golden boy O'Reilly, another racist and Misorgynist in the fold like trump is gone too. Good riddance to him and some more like Hannity, and co in the journey of bigotry will soon fall too.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:48am On Apr 20, 2017
ValerianSteel:

Do not worry, 2018 is around the corner and they will find out that Americans are waking up to tramp as a scam artist. Kansas and Georgia is just the beginning of the woes the Republicons will face.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.