Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (669791 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 4:22am On Jun 25, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Gbam. Missy is mystifying to me and no pun intended.
If 13million people could vote for Trump,nothing surprises me anymore.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 4:23am On Jun 25, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Valeriansteel and I still have work to do on you. You are too like able and nice to belong to that Yukky party.
Lots of work Lucas but I guess after the elections she may have a change of heart.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 4:29am On Jun 25, 2016
Missy89:

Well i never said liberals are poor. I said liberal's winning coalition includes a lot of poor people because they have expanded welfare.

Most liberal policies have good intentions but the problem is they dont care if it actually works. By preventing school vouchers for example kids in poor school districts cant get good education.

Affirmative action has affected a lot of black students because they got into those schools because the admission standard was lowered for them and they wont be able to stand the academic rigor once they are in. Its doesnt mean black people cant go to those schools but let the brightest ones go there and the average ones go to where they can cope and graduate.

The same thing with welfare. It is not helping poor people. Since lbj war on poverty the poverty rate has not really dropped and welfare keep increasing. Ask youself, if you have a friend that is poor and you want to help him. Will you keep giving him money every year until you have nothing to give and start borrowing to cover his expense or will you create opportunity and incentives for him to get a job?

If welfare is working, less people will be on it.
If affirmative action is working, more minorities will be graduating
If the current school system was working, inner city school will have high graduation rate.

These policies were designed to help but it hasnt worked and needs reform. Liberals dont care about facts and logic. Your only argument is about race.

The republican party is not perfect but it has a diversity of ideas unlike the left.

When everything else fails. A liberal will play the race card.

Good lawd,is Priebus or Sessions paying your rent.Just asking cause damn woman,you got your head buried deep in Republican BS.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 4:31am On Jun 25, 2016
Missy89:

Lol
Nah
Will vote for Darth Vader
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:18am On Jun 25, 2016
“Indifferent to truth, willing to use police-state tactics and vulgar libels against inconvenient witnesses, hopeless on health care, and flippant and fast and loose with national security: The case against Hillary Clinton for president is open-and-shut.

Of course, against all these considerations you might prefer the newly fashionable and more media-weighty notion that if you don't show her enough appreciation, and after all she's done for us, she may cry.”

Christopher Hitchens (2008)
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:20am On Jun 25, 2016
Donald J. Trump

BREAKING NEWS:
Crooked Hillary Clinton failed to hand over key email to the State Department.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:21am On Jun 25, 2016
Donald J. Trump

I want all Americans to succeed together. President Obama's illegal executive amnesty undermines job prospects for the poorest Americans while making everybody less safe in this age of rising crime and global terrorism. Hillary Clinton has pledged to go even further in the wrong direction. We need a new course, one that benefits all of us. I'm proposing real change that protects the rights and privileges of every American, whether first or tenth generation - including the right to have all our laws enforced equally. On immigration and all things, I'm with you.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:35am On Jun 25, 2016
“If Democrats were really concerned about immigration and families, they would’ve done something about it when they had control of the legislative process, and they didn’t.”

Donald J. Trump's campaign spokesperson Katrina Pierson?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Good lawd,is Priebus or Sessions paying your rent.Just asking cause damn woman,you got your head buried deep in Republican BS.

Hehe.

Can any Christian democrat today say he is pro life or anti gay marriage? . that will be the end of that politician.

The party doesn't allow people with different opinion to talk.Marxists and SJWs have hijacked the platform

Just look at you and lucas for example. You guys wont debate policies or provide evidence but automatically think i am drinking kool aid or the party is paying my rent lol.

Iiberals like diversity of skin color but not opinions.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2016
Missy89:

Hehe.

Can any Christian democrat today say he is pro life or anti gay marriage? . that will be the end of that politician.

The party doesn't allow people with different opinion to talk.Marxists and SJWs have hijacked the platform

Just look at you and lucas for example. You guys wont debate policies or provide evidence but automatically think i am drinking kool aid or the party is paying my rent lol.

Iiberals like diversity of skin color but not opinions.
Missy, I don't believe the party is paying your rent but the Kool aid is another thing. Do you know George Will just quit being a registered Republican yesterday?. He's unaffiliated now. People are seeing the light now. Yours will be coming in due time.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 10:19pm On Jun 25, 2016
Breaking: Sanders has convinced the Democratic party to adopt $15 nationwide minimum wage in the platform draft.

Currently,only 30% of Bernie's supporters are Bernie or Bust.This is one step at bringing everyone of them on board.

#StrongerTogether

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 10:30pm On Jun 25, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Breaking: Sanders has convinced the Democratic party to adopt $15 nationwide minimum wage in the platform draft.

Currently,only 30% of Bernie's supporters are Bernie or Bust.This is one step at bringing everyone of them on board.

#StrongerTogether
I am in full support of that one.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 11:39pm On Jun 25, 2016
Lucasbalo:
I am in full support of that one.
I think they should have stuck to $12,$15 works best in large metropolitan areas.

Also adopted into the platform draft is abolishing the death penalty.I support this.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:46pm On Jun 25, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I think they should have stuck to $12,$15 works best in large metropolitan areas.

Also adopted into the platform draft is abolishing the death penalty.I support this.
I agree on the $12 to $15 minimum wage preference to cities but death penalty is a different ball game. Some of the crimes being committed here makes me want death penalty.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 11:54pm On Jun 25, 2016
Lucasbalo:
I agree on the $12 to $15 minimum wage preference to cities but death penalty is a different ball game. Some of the crimes being committed here makes me want death penalty.
The platform is nothing but paper no one will go back to read after the convention,there's no assurance the President has stick to it if it's not feasible.

I want the death penalty abolished.For example,if a terrorist is not killed in an offensive or raid,it makes no sense to me to capture him,try him in court,have him sit out till his sentencing.I'd rather know he was killed when captured.

Death penalty is barbarism that crept into civilization from archaic times.If Death penalty is pruning the bad eggs from our society,then crime should have drastically reduced but it won't cause it changes nothing.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 12:04am On Jun 26, 2016
Hillary's pro-Israel stance were adopted,a big blow to the Bernie camp and other leftists pushing an anti-Israel platform.

Also the TPP proposal platform was rejected.They didn't put it up for votes.I do think it's irrelevant,it will most likely be signed during the lame-duck period,but there's also the Brexit crisis which may stall it into the next administration but Hillary has come out against it,chances she'll push for a new trade deal or demand it is modified to initial positions as they were when she negotiated and supported it as Secretary of State before Obama rolled back on it completely and modified it to the current disastrous form.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 12:16am On Jun 26, 2016
ValerianSteel:
The platform is nothing but paper no one will go back to read after the convention,there's no assurance the President has stick to it if it's not feasible.

I want the death penalty abolished.For example,if a terrorist is not killed in an offensive or raid,it makes no sense to me to capture him,try him in court,have him sit out till his sentencing.I'd rather know he was killed when captured.

Death penalty is barbarism that crept into civilization from archaic times.If Death penalty is pruning the bad eggs from our society,then crime should have drastically reduced but it won't cause it changes nothing.
I am against death penalty due to my catholic education and upbringing but some of these crimes are simply unbelievable. That's why I'm mixed when it comes to the death penalty.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 12:25am On Jun 26, 2016
Lucasbalo:
I am against death penalty due to my catholic education and upbringing but some of these crimes are simply unbelievable. That's why I'm mixed when it comes to the death penalty.
Truly some crimes are unforgiving and despicable but I believe it is the duty of the state to show that the system can do better than the criminal.No one is beyond redemption,it may take decades to get the individual reformed,we should acknowledge that if the system works well,even a mass murderer will value humanity.Instead of killing them off,let's work hard to get into their brains,break into their souls and rid them of the driving force behind the crimes they've committed.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 12:28am On Jun 26, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Missy, I don't believe the party is paying your rent but the Kool aid is another thing. Do you know George Will just quit being a registered Republican yesterday?. He's unaffiliated now. People are seeing the light now. Yours will be coming in due time.

I am not a registered republican. I am an independent that votes both ways but republican lately.

So i dont have to change my party afilliation if there is someone i dont agree with on d ticket. I just wont vote

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 12:33am On Jun 26, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Truly some crimes are unforgiving and despicable but I believe it is the duty of the state to show that the system can do better than the criminal.No one is beyond redemption,it may take decades to get the individual reformed,we should acknowledge that if the system works well,even a mass murderer will value humanity.Instead of killing them off,let's work hard to get into their brains,break into their souls and rid them of the driving force behind the crimes they've committed.
That's my believe too but I am truly confused about DP especially with the mass murderers like Timothy Mcveigh of Oklahoma fame with the grin on his face after being caught. I support DP on very rare occasion. Maybe I will change one day because I sincerely believe people are reedeamable.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 12:37am On Jun 26, 2016
Lucasbalo:
That's my believe too but I am truly confused about DP especially with the mass murderers like Timothy Mcveigh of Oklahoma fame with the grin on his face after being caught. I support DP on very rare occasion. Maybe I will change one day because I sincerely believe people are reedeamable.
Sociopaths like that give conservatives talking points to advocate for death penalty.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 12:40am On Jun 26, 2016
Missy89:

I am not a registered republican. I am an independent that votes both ways but republican lately.

So i dont have to change my party afilliation if there is someone i dont agree with on d ticket. I just wont vote

That is very surprising. So you are not an ideologue like I thought. I have voted for couple republicans in Illinois before. I am more of a pragmatist myself but racism and bigotry is my no no.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 12:49am On Jun 26, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Sociopaths like that give conservatives talking points to advocate for death penalty.
So true.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 26, 2016
I also agree that the death penalty should be limited to mass murderers/serial killers.

As for the $15 minimum wage that was put into the platform, I'm not too keen on it. I support Hillary's $12 proposal. The large cities/counties/states could set theirs at $15/hr to match the cost of living.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 26, 2016
There is some chatter about Sheryl Sandberg being a potential Hillary running-mate. I don't see that becoming a reality though
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 2:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
Know your Hillary2
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 3:56pm On Jun 26, 2016
Lucasbalo:
That is very surprising. So you are not an ideologue like I thought. I have voted for couple republicans in Illinois before. I am more of a pragmatist myself but racism and bigotry is my no no.

Racism cannot end. There will always be someone that is racist. But no political party is. It is more of an individual thing.

Been a while a voted for a democrat.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 5:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
CFCman:
There is some chatter about Sheryl Sandberg being a potential Hillary running-mate. I don't see that becoming a reality though
Nah,ain't gonna happen.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 5:37am On Jun 27, 2016
Trump=Amexit from the face of the world and we don't want this.

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 11:25am On Jun 27, 2016
Paul LePage, Maine's Governor, told a crowd at a recent town hall that his wife took a job to "supplement" his $70,000 salary, the lowest of any U.S. governor.

PS he is a Republican.......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (539)

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.