Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West (10499 Views)

Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / Taribo To Osaze: Shut-up & Focus On Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by Whobedatte(m): 11:11am On Nov 29, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I am supposed to be asking you whether you watched the game. We lost drew that game because our strikers did not take their chances. We held the ball better and created more chances.
if a team has 5 chances lost all, and team B has 1 chance and converted. Pls which team is more efficient? Or delivers? That's simple logic. It's not abt creating loads of chances but utilising them. That's what makes u a good coach or a good team
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:13am On Nov 29, 2014
Whobedatte:
if a team has 5 chances lost all, and team B has 1 chance and converted. Pls which team is more efficient? Or delivers? That's simple logic. It's not abt creating loads of chances but utilising them. That's what makes u a good coach or a good team
A team converting a chance shows good finishing and does not mean the team that converted the chances played better.

Coach Keshi coached well in that game against South Africa at Uyo. Our strikers did not convert their chances. That is their fault not the coach. We outplayed SA.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by eleko1: 11:13am On Nov 29, 2014
sad sadIsn't the same Taribo dat told us that Keshi and his boys are good?Why did he resort to selective blame/single out 3 playas out 11?
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:18am On Nov 29, 2014
eleko1:
sad sadIsn't the same Taribo dat told us that Keshi and his boys are good?Why did he resort to selective blame/single out 3 playas out 11?
Pastor Taribo is not criticizing play but explaining that Home based boys like the ones at the AFCOn played with hunger.

If Coach Keshi continued with that formula, our team would have played with more hunger.

I agree with the Pastor here but he also fought for the inclusion of Yobo which goes against his point.

Dynamic changes in the team will benefit the team. So a regular eleven is not the best option.
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 29, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
That is why a tournament and leagues are decided by many matches and no one game. You can win a game by luck and not a tournament.

By the way, not all defeats by smalls sides against big sides are luck. Just like Sunderland's defeat of Chelsea last season.

Nigeria did not win won game but played many matches to the finals. By the final game, most Nigerians were confident we will win because of the kind of performance we exhibited in the tournament. Not favor.
guy rest get this hard truth we don't have a senior footballing team yet
.did we performed like Algerians at d world cup?. Algeria has a team and we dont for now.
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:28am On Nov 29, 2014
silvermania:
guy rest get this hard truth we don't have a senior footballing team yet
.did we performed like Algerians at d world cup?. Algeria has a team and we dont for now.
Who says we have a team? We do not. We are building. Under Coach Clemens Westerhof, our local leagues were better. Yet, it took Coach Clemens Westerhof five years to build a strong team to win the AFCON.

I am saying that the AFCON was not a fluke like an opposing team scoring an own goal or the Gerard slip last season in the Chelsea vs Liverpool game last season. It took hard work and brilliant tactical input.
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 29, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Who says we have a team? We do not. We are building. Under Coach Clemens Westerhof, our local leagues were better. Yet, it took Coach Clemens Westerhof five years to build a strong team to win the AFCON.

I am saying that the AFCON was not a fluke like an opposing team scoring an own goal or the Gerard slip last season in the Chelsea vs Liverpool game last season. It took hard work and brilliant tactical input.
leme ask u dz then. if it wasn't a fluke y is that after that last final match we lost it.why could we not maintain DAT tecnicability u talking about?
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:41am On Nov 29, 2014
silvermania:
leme ask u dz then. if it wasn't a fluke y is that after that last final match we lost it.why could we not maintain DAT tecnicability u talking about?
There are many factors.

1. Coach Keshi was met with harsh criticism for dropping the Super Stars of the team. Like Uche, Osaze, Taiwo etc. Forgetting that it takes more than talent to succeed. The hunger of the unfulfilled players was a driving force.

2. Coach Sylvanus Okpala, the tactician of Coach Jesuit's team was sacked by the NFF. Despite Coach Keshi's pleas, the NFF refused to reinstate him.

3. The Super Eagles suffered numerous injuries like Oboabona, Omeruo etc. Injuries cause slow development.
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by holuphisayor(m): 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
true
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by tuffgongjo(m): 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

Many factors make Clemens' era different from Keshi's.
Clemens wasn't so arrogant,he hardly let his personal aim/beef with player cost the nation.
Keshi winning the Afcon was no Fluke but it was more to the Players uplifting their individual games to the peak than the coach's Tactics.
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
[/quote]Juwon (Oshaniwa) is a strong player but he gets confused each time he receives the ball.[quote]

Taribo wicked sha...
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by Smooyis(m): 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
On point.
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by Goke7: 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
“I don’t think Yobo has reached his peak. So, why has he been left out? I can’t compare the current players with him, at least we watch him play in Europe. He can still play at this level for up to six years."........Taribo West.

http://www.punchng.com/sports/yobo-deserves-100-caps-taribo-tells-keshi/

This is coming from Pastor Taribo West Who criticized Coach Keshi regularly for dropping Yobo. Pastor Taribo West should let people know that Coach Keshi was ordered by members of the NFF to reduce the number of home based players and this caused a drop in form and hunger of the team.

that is Nigerians for you o, when keshi was using the home based players and hungry players, a lot of people including taribo west criticized his selections. All Nigerians should take responsibility for the eagles failure, we all pile up pressure on keshi to invite old cargoes like yobo, uche and others, even when emenike started from the bench against congo in calabar, we almost killed keshi. Keshi finally tried to satisfy us and we are were we are right now, coming back to blame keshi is very unfair and until we allow our coaches to select their players without due interference, we will remain in the wilderness

1 Like

Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Many factors make Clemens' era different from Keshi's.
Clemens wasn't so arrogant,he hardly let his personal aim/beef with player cost the nation.
Keshi winning the Afcon was no Fluke but it was more to the Players uplifting their individual games to the peak than the coach's Tactics.
Coach Westerhof was more arrogant than Coach Keshi. He fell out with the NFA then and went to the Vice President to back him to work without the guidance or Support of the NFA.

Coach Westerhof dropped a lot of great stars like Etim Esin, Friday Ekpo etc. He dropped a regular English playing Superstar (Efan Ekoku) for Yekini.

Coach Keshi is learning work in arrogance.

As for raising up game, without tactics, it is difficult to topple a top side. Just like a ship without a Captain.
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by aspirebig: 3:51am On Nov 30, 2014
Will Taribo make this statement, had SE beat SA 1-0 in Uyo in their last game? I mean just 1-0. In life, nobody reigns for ever except God. You should know that whatever good position you are the champion in, others are eyeing it too.

To me Taribo statement doesnt make any meaning now, maybe immediately after the w/cup before afcon qualifiers , I will say ok, maybe true. But not now.
He was among those that were singing SOK praises and fought for Yobo's inclusion in the w/cup team.

To me, our formation, game plan, quality of our reserve bench, not using our best players like the guys with good experience, even the seriousness and commitment of the players is something else, they play as if nothing is at stake.

Our U17 team last year has more seroius approach to their games than our SE players.
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by edi287: 6:13am On Nov 30, 2014
The biggest mistake keshi made was not resigning after the world cup. Why stay if he wasn't going to give 100 percent with all the drama going on at nff??

Why accept to work without a contract despite having offers from "numerous" countries??...He made himself look desperate and cheap by staying on.
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by Ayoswit(f): 11:04am On Nov 30, 2014
justi4jesu

Taribo who asked you[/b:

# undecided

pls don't alwys comments if u don't ve reasonable tin 2 say.

taribo was responding 2 questions frm a media correspondent & u re here asking stupid Question

if doesn't comments on football matter in Nigeria who should
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by wayodude(m): 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
As at the time of USA 94 Taribo West was no where near the senior national team. He had earlier got knocked out in the group stage of the 1993 African Under 21 championship so we didn't even qualify for U20 Word Cup in 1993.

In '94 our first choice back 4 when all fit was Eguavon (RB) Keshi (CB) Okechukwu (CB) Iroha (CB) with Oliseh in front of them as DM.

The likes of Nwanu,Okafor,Emenalo provided competition to the above.....those were the days we played and watched the beautiful game without fear.

back to the topic. Taribo is right in saying success got into keshi's head but wrong to insist a solution to our defensive offering was readily available in the league.
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by justi4jesu(f): 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ayoswit:

Let me know when you are done, for the time being swerve.
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ayoswit:

pls don't alwys comments if u don't ve reasonable tin 2 say.

taribo was responding 2 questions frm a media correspondent & u re here asking stupid Question

if doesn't comments on football matter in Nigeria who should

No mind the mofo & attention seeker spewing trash......she dey comment without proper comprehension........ angry
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by tuffgongjo(m): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Coach Westerhof was more arrogant than Coach Keshi. He fell out with the NFA then and went to the Vice President to back him to work without the guidance or Support of the NFA.

Coach Westerhof dropped a lot of great stars like Etim Esin, Friday Ekpo etc. He dropped a regular English playing Superstar (Efan Ekoku) for Yekini.

Coach Keshi is learning work in arrogance.

As for raising up game, without tactics, it is difficult to topple a top side. Just like a ship without a Captain.
And did yekini not prove his move right,you always try defending Keshi(which is impossible as of now)which to me is like trying to "grasp the wind".Your loyalty to him seems to make you turn blind eyes to the fact that retaining him isn't the best solution.
Lastly,don't compare him to Del bosque next time.
If Sia one wasn't sacked we won't have won the Afcon,and that is a fact.
Keshi is(has)over-staying welcome just like Le prof.
Thank you.
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
tuffgongjo:
And did yekini not prove his move right,you always try defending Keshi(which is impossible as of now)which to me is like trying to "grasp the wind".Your loyalty to him seems to make you turn blind eyes to the fact that retaining him isn't the best solution.
Lastly,don't compare him to Del bosque next time.
If Sia one wasn't sacked we won't have won the Afcon,and that is a fact.
Keshi is(has)over-staying welcome just like Le prof.
Thank you.
[b]Where did I compare Coach Del Bosque to Coach Keshi? I mean, how. I am telling you that bad results does not mean failure. It is a reference, not a comparison.

Secondly, go through my articles, you will see me criticizing Coach Keshi. How come I could write this article, if I am loyal to Coach Keshi.

It is you guys who are blinded with hatred for Coach Keshi. That is why you guys only see his faults and not the good the does. I bet, guys like you criticized him for dropping Uche. Criticized him for dropping Yobo. Criticized him for calling Aaron Samuel.

Look at this article I wrote. Is this the article of a Coach Keshi apologist or loyalist?

I gave points, do not twist the words to justify your point.

Coach Keshi Failed Nigerians by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:29pm On Nov 19
I am writing this with a broken heart. Today's match against South Africa at Uyo was supposed to be a winning game. The signs was there. However, Coach Keshi like all other previous coaches fell into the same problem. Yielding to pressure to stick to the so called Super Eagles.
https://www.nairaland.com/2005732/coach-keshi-failed-nigerians[/b]
Re: Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
wayodude:
As at the time of USA 94 Taribo West was no where near the senior national team. He had earlier got knocked out in the group stage of the 1993 African Under 21 championship so we didn't even qualify for U20 Word Cup in 1993.

In '94 our first choice back 4 when all fit was Eguavon (RB) Keshi (CB) Okechukwu (CB) Iroha (CB) with Oliseh in front of them as DM.

The likes of Nwanu,Okafor,Emenalo provided competition to the above.....those were the days we played and watched the beautiful game without fear.

back to the topic. Taribo is right in saying success got into keshi's head but wrong to insist a solution to our defensive offering was readily available in the league.

Playing Odunlami instead of an injured Omeruo would have been the better choice.

Joseph Nathaniel would have been better than a tactical undisciplined Onazi. We had answers in our local league to help.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Defeats Cameroon 106-39. Qualifies For Quarter Final Of Afrobasket. / NPFL: Rivers United Faces Plateau United Today (Potential Title Decider) / Players Nigeria Should Never Loss To Other Countries Right Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.