Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,233 members, 7,833,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? (42151 Views)

Ever Wondered Why The NO: 5 On Every Phone Keyboard Has A Dot Behind It? / iPhone 5 is Finally Here / Opera Mini 5 Is Finally Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by skedemi(m): 1:21am On Nov 30, 2014
Come to france,we will explain that to you
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by igoro10: 2:28am On Nov 30, 2014
snadguy007:
Op, which fone are you referring to cos i cant see anytin on my touchscreen phone cry
You are a learner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by 9inches(m): 5:50am On Nov 30, 2014
feamtrik:
wc one be yes I do?...no be church wedding we de jare,relaese the ans if u sabi

grin grin
adebayoadeyiga:
five is mark on most phone such phone will he easy for for blind people to operate .once they locate the mark they can determine other key with easy
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by Kennykenty(m): 5:54am On Nov 30, 2014
SOME PEOPLE WOULD COME HERE TO BLAME PRESIDENT EBELE JONATHAN FOR THE DOTS,,,I TRUST
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by chysam: 6:04am On Nov 30, 2014
MarvelJ:
Dude its the era of touch screen... I dont see any dot on my "5"..
Then check it on your phones without touch screen.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by innocent1(m): 6:26am On Nov 30, 2014
'F' and 'J on the computer keyboard helps to indicate the last fingers of the home keys "(a s d f" "J k L wink". while '5' being dotted is to help identify the centre unmber of the figures needed on ur phone.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by VivaLaFrans: 6:33am On Nov 30, 2014
Aikon:
Why is there always that dot on number 5 in most cell phones?

The same goes for computer keyboard. It has a
raised dot on the letters 'F' and 'J'

Who knows please? undecided
End time things... Lol
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by ncpat(m): 6:42am On Nov 30, 2014
Somebody is here using 1954 keyboard and coming here to ask stupid question. Yes stupid because I just checked my 3 gadgets now and none has it.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 30, 2014
Aikon:
Why is there always that dot on number 5 in most cell phones?

The same goes for computer keyboard. It has a
raised dot on the letters 'F' and 'J'

Who knows please? undecided

maybe because every phone expire after '5' years from date of manufacture. I sure?

Hmm

Illiterate bad gan!
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by Saved2Serve: 7:15am On Nov 30, 2014
[size=18pt]MENE! MENE! TEKELONAIRALAND!!................THE GLORY OF NAIRALAND IS COMING BACK![/size]

Two Good posts made front page serially.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by KingBish(f): 7:45am On Nov 30, 2014
Electronzeez:

may be for your phone....but your assertion is far from true.
You don't need to doubt me okay its what i do everyday.

I'm telling you about what puts food on my table.
We need not argue tho.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by Electronzeez(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2014
KingBish:

I'm telling you about what puts food on my table.
We need not argue tho.

what phone do i find such thing you claim ma'am?.
A phone that has got a screw that clutch the dotted part of the keypad to the frame of that phone.......yes we must argue on this.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:19am On Nov 30, 2014
An interesting topic..never would have even thought about it before. smiley
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by tartar9(m): 9:24am On Nov 30, 2014
me i am just noticing for the first time the number 5 is marked.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by Ferebiekun: 10:42am On Nov 30, 2014
It's your home key as 'F' and 'J' are the home keys on your computer keyboard. They help you in locating other keys without having to look down at the keys. It's helpful too for the blind. From that key or those keys, the position of all other keys is relative.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by Spidermon: 10:51am On Nov 30, 2014
Na tribal mark.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by nwaobitex: 11:46am On Nov 30, 2014
my own no get any dot o
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by Wisegeek01(m): 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
Op can u get us more posts like this*
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
Yeah!
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by samdotsam: 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
Thanks! Never bothered to ask! Insightful, esp the F & J keys on the keyboard.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? by MrHighSea: 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
Even on touchscreens

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nokia 8.3 5G Unboxing And Full Review After 2 Months + Price (photos) / Essential Android Apps! / See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.