Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country (1157 Views)

Nigerian Youths Are Not Ready To Lead This Country! / ‘not Every Northerner Is A Trouble Maker’: A Youth Corper’s Diary / A Northerner Is Angry On Northerners Beign Called Parasites. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country by etebefia: 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
[b]It surprises me the number of northerners that normally come out during election to lead this country, a country made up of intellectuals and men of vision
Why would a northerner come out to rule Nigeria if i may ask? What is leadership all about? What can the northerners bring to the table?
I have seen decades after decades in this country and i have also seen that most of the bad eggs in Nigeria are from the northern part, and i have equally seen that the best brains in Nigeria are from the southern part, so i ask can the blind lead those who can see?
Internationally i have heard few northerner that have made this country proud but there are countless southerners that have achieved excellence in different sectors; innovation, management, science, arts, entertainment, literature, sports etc. even locally how many multinational companies in Nigeria can confidently leave the management of their organization in the hand of a northern when there are smarter and creative southerners that bring exceptional management skills, so they can’t lead multinational how can we leave a whole country in their hands, where we normally see the northern in management capacity in this country is in Government organizations where they use federal character to occupy such positions thereby promoting mediocrity; just imagine national television authority (NTA) that has been mostly led by northerners, we can all see how NTA looks like 13th century TV station, no creativity, no innovation. In education the northern part of Nigeria is given a much lower cut off mark compared to the their southern counterpart how then can someone who is given 15 as cut off mark come out to lead someone with 120 cut off mark? Are we moving forward or backward? Today we all know the economic situation Nigeria is going through because of the fallen oil price, who then do we need? We need someone that can develop other sectors of the economy aside oil; this is where the northern do not fall in they so much rely on government at the federal level to provide everything, nobody want to do anything government will give you this, give you that provide everything for you, NO we don't need this mentality again in this country again, if other parts of the country have the same number of civil servants as in northern Nigeria, our economy would have long crippled. Most countries of the world are trying so hard to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor, having a northerner to lead us will only widen this gap because there is a typical mentality the northerners have that “there Must be Alhaji and there Must be Almajiri) so you see few individuals who are extremely rich while majority are every poor. Northerner are mostly sectionalist and not nationalist: look at Nigeria today it looks like positions are shared evenly but let a northerner enter tomorrow 70% of the position will go to north, most projects will go to the north, government institutions will be moved to northern Nigeria, they will even spend Nigeria money on sudan, chad, niger than spend in southern Nigeria, that is why when you go to all the sabon garis in northern Nigeria, there are no developments there because they feel that gabon garis are occupied by strangers even though it’s their state.
Northerners still have a long way to go, before coming out at the national level.
- Etebefia [/b]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country by nnaemeka38(m): 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
Bros you have spoken so well. Northerners are parasites to the Nation. They have killed Nigeria, yet they are pointing accusing fingers on Jonathan. I don't pray to be led by a Northerner again.

5 Likes

Re: A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country by Calculia: 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2014
This is just the undiluted truth.

3 Likes

Re: A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country by ratiken(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
No Northerner will ever rule over a United and Peaceful Nigeria again.....
NEVER!!!

3 Likes

Re: A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country by kadas01(m): 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
Very true!

They are "retrogressive" elements!

1 Like

Re: A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country by Toosure70: 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2014
True talk but tell d wonder the otuke man has performed in the last six years. May be he is from northern otuke
Re: A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country by lilflipnerd: 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
Toosure70:
True talk but tell d wonder the otuke man has performed in the last six years. May be he is from northern otuke
Abi
Re: A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country by IleIfe2(m): 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
etebefia:
[b]It surprises me the number of northerners that normally come out during election to lead this country, a country made up of intellectuals and men of vision
Why would a northerner come out to rule Nigeria if i may ask? What is leadership all about? What can the northerners bring to the table?
I have seen decades after decades in this country and i have also seen that most of the bad eggs in Nigeria are from the northern part, and i have equally seen that the best brains in Nigeria are from the southern part, so i ask can the blind lead those who can see?
Internationally i have heard few northerner that have made this country proud but there are countless southerners that have achieved excellence in different sectors; innovation, management, science, arts, entertainment, literature, sports etc. even locally how many multinational companies in Nigeria can confidently leave the management of their organization in the hand of a northern when there are smarter and creative southerners that bring exceptional management skills, so they can’t lead multinational how can we leave a whole country in their hands, where we normally see the northern in management capacity in this country is in Government organizations where they use federal character to occupy such positions thereby promoting mediocrity; just imagine national television authority (NTA) that has been mostly led by northerners, we can all see how NTA looks like 13th century TV station, no creativity, no innovation. In education the northern part of Nigeria is given a much lower cut off mark compared to the their southern counterpart how then can someone who is given 15 as cut off mark come out to lead someone with 120 cut off mark? Are we moving forward or backward? Today we all know the economic situation Nigeria is going through because of the fallen oil price, who then do we need? We need someone that can develop other sectors of the economy aside oil; this is where the northern do not fall in they so much rely on government at the federal level to provide everything, nobody want to do anything government will give you this, give you that provide everything for you, NO we don't need this mentality again in this country again, if other parts of the country have the same number of civil servants as in northern Nigeria, our economy would have long crippled. Most countries of the world are trying so hard to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor, having a northerner to lead us will only widen this gap because there is a typical mentality the northerners have that “there Must be Alhaji and there Must be Almajiri) so you see few individuals who are extremely rich while majority are every poor. Northerner are mostly sectionalist and not nationalist: look at Nigeria today it looks like positions are shared evenly but let a northerner enter tomorrow 70% of the position will go to north, most projects will go to the north, government institutions will be moved to northern Nigeria, they will even spend Nigeria money on sudan, chad, niger than spend in southern Nigeria, that is why when you go to all the sabon garis in northern Nigeria, there are no developments there because they feel that gabon garis are occupied be strangers even though it’s their state.
Northerners still have a long way to go, before coming out at the national level.
- Etebefia [/b]

What has a southerner, Jonathan brought to the table?
Re: A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country by knowledgeable: 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
etebefia:
Internationally i have heard few northerner that have made this country proud but there are countless southerners that have achieved excellence in different sectors; innovation, management, science, arts, entertainment, literature, sports etc. even locally how many multinational companies in Nigeria can confidently leave the management of their organization in the hand of a northern when there are smarter and creative southerners that bring exceptional management skills, so they can’t lead multinational how can we leave a whole country in their hands, where we normally see the northern in management capacity in this country is in Government organizations where they use federal character to occupy such positions thereby promoting mediocrity; just imagine national television authority (NTA) that has been mostly led by northerners, we can all see how NTA looks like 13th century TV station, no creativity, no innovation. In education the northern part of Nigeria is given a much lower cut off mark compared to the their southern counterpart how then can someone who is given 15 as cut off mark come out to lead someone with 120 cut off mark? Are we moving forward or backward? Today we all know the economic situation Nigeria is going through because of the fallen oil price, who then do we need? We need someone that can develop other sectors of the economy aside oil; this is where the northern do not fall in they so much rely on government at the federal level to provide everything, nobody want to do anything government will give you this, give you that provide everything for you, NO we don't need this mentality again in this country again, if other parts of the country have the same number of civil servants as in northern Nigeria, our economy would have long crippled. Most countries of the world are trying so hard to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor, having a northerner to lead us will only widen this gap because there is a typical mentality the northerners have that “there Must be Alhaji and there Must be Almajiri) so you see few individuals who are extremely rich while majority are every poor. Northerner are mostly sectionalist and not nationalist: look at Nigeria today it looks like positions are shared evenly but let a northerner enter tomorrow 70% of the position will go to north, most projects will go to the north, government institutions will be moved to northern Nigeria, they will even spend Nigeria money on sudan, chad, niger than spend in southern Nigeria, that is why when you go to all the sabon garis in northern Nigeria, there are no developments there because they feel that gabon garis are occupied be strangers even though it’s their state.
- Etebefia [/b]

NICE write up, but you need to have your target audience in mind. ......Yorubas and their Apc goons.
Re: A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country by Radiokilar: 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
etebefia:
- Etebefia [/b]
Duude I must say U only see things to the abilty of your knowledge
Re: A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country by etebefia: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
Radiokilar:

Duude I must say U only see things to the abilty of your knowledge
okay, you can also show us your own knowledge.
Re: A Northerner Is Not Best To Lead This Country by lloydtruth: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
Great write-up

(1) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe's Contract Scam still Unsolved / Join Me Laugh Abeg / Jonathan’s Supporter, Clark, Attacks PDP National Chairman; Adamu Mu’azu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.