Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Facts You Should Know About Feeding On Fibre - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Facts You Should Know About Feeding On Fibre (2337 Views)

MAMAS Pls What Type Of Food Can I Start Feeding My 2.5month Old Baby?????? / 10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. / Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts You Should Know About Feeding On Fibre by diet234: 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2014
Recently. there's much fuss about having enough fiber in your daily diet. Apparently, most people are not "very" familiar with what is regarded as "fiber". I was consulting with an elderly client the other day... and so I suggested to him "Sir, you will need to eat more fiber in other to cleanse your metabolic system of toxins in other words you need a detox diet"... and then I clearly observed his face move from "happy to finally get a solution" to "please where am I?"

What is fiber?

According to Harvard School of Public Health, fiber is a type of carbohydrate that the body can’t digest. Though most carbohydrates are broken down into sugar molecules, fiber cannot be broken down into sugar molecules, and instead it passes through the body undigested. Fiber helps regulate the body’s use of sugars, helping to keep hunger and blood sugar in check.

Children and adults need at least 20 to 30 grams of fiber per day for good health, but most Americans get only about 15 grams a day. This is greatly low compared to stipulations according to the WHO, adequate fruit and vegetable intake entails a consumption of at least 400g of fruits and vegetables per day. Great sources are whole fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and beans.

Let's view quick facts about fiber here: www.diet234.com/fiber-feeding-facts/

Re: Facts You Should Know About Feeding On Fibre by OCTAVO: 9:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
Nice.

1 Like

Re: Facts You Should Know About Feeding On Fibre by dhamstar(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
Can't joke with dietary fibres

1 Like

Re: Facts You Should Know About Feeding On Fibre by diet234: 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
@OCTAVO Awesome!, @dhamstar very true. They are that "essential" in daily meals.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Learn How To Prepare Ofe Owerri Pls / 15 Reasons Why You Must Not Eat Pork / Tell Us The Craziest Food Combo You've Ever Taken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.