Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,258 members, 7,957,632 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:16 PM

Why Am I Here? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Am I Here? (941 Views)

Am I The Only Nigerian Who Doesn't Use Whatsapp? / Ebira Has Elements Of Igbo In It Or Am I Wrong / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Am I Here? by akandejames: 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2014
WHY AM I HERE?
===========
I didn't choose my country. I never chose a tribe. I didn't choose my pigmentation neither did i opt for this set of beautiful parents. What about my mother tongue? Buddy, i never had a choice...

I just happened suddenly like a newly instantiated object with all the necessary parameters cum variables to survive an unknown quest in this strange place but this question still lingers, resonating in my head all day long, "WHY AM I HERE?".

For sure, i eat because i'm hungry, sleep cos i'm tired, work hard and smart to make a livelihood but round the clock i fall into oblivion forgetting there's a question yet unanswered !!! i live because of "........" ?

Isn't it disturbing that we stockpile wealth, fame, influence,entertainment, authority, food,gadgets, estates etc yet pass away like we never owned a dime. Something grand is really missing honestly. Isn't it smart to search for and harness the missing puzzle so we can enjoy all the stockpile?

Have you not seen the mundane situation we slipped into? A new child is born, goes to school, grows old, marries, makes all the money,
grows a circle of influence and make more babies etc then passes away like wind !!! If anything, so far i have come to realize that if we, irrespective of our longitude : latitude, were to consider, confront and confidently answer this lonely raging question, there's great tendency that many of the problems we face today across our worlds, if not all, would dwindle one after the other into nothingness hopefully.

However, i find it bizarre and surprising that a man sedated and forced on a long trip (like a new born) in a funky train embellished with all the fun you can imagine never bothered to asked that Question, "WHY AM I HERE?"!!!
Re: Why Am I Here? by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 01, 2014
Good question. We are good at following blindly, aren't we?

(1) (Reply)

Latest New Video Flavor Ololufe Ft Chidimma / Why We Need To Go Back To The Roots / Intresting Facts About The Slave Era

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.