Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE -----the Effect On The Children ------ - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE -----the Effect On The Children ------ (988 Views)

TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. / Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? / Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE -----the Effect On The Children ------ by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
★★★clears her throat★★★

Good day all.

On wednesday I was chatting with my cousin brother via facebook by name Uche. I was going through his profile I came across a post he made and the comments. I saw a name Achirinma.

I clicked on the name and the about page opened. I quickly went through and she 's from my hometown works at Zenith bank.

Wow ......is she related to me? .I asked myself

Immediately I sent her a friend request, checked the profile picture, omo see beauty...
I forwarded a message to Uche
"Dear, who is Achirinma?"
"She is our cousin. First daughter of Ote Osimiri "
I was shocked. "So you mean Ote has a graduate already? Thank God o "
"Hahaha, see you. He has two. Obumnaeme just graduated " was his reply. (He was just calling out the name as if I know them)

I went back to Achirinma 's timeline and checked all her updates. They were really making sense. I sent her a message that read thus :

"Good morning dear. I have been asking myself, am I really related to you? Still can't believe it. Life could be funny sometimes. Do have a pleasant day.
Few hours later I got a reply
I clicked with anticipation. ...

"Please rephrase your question, or is that a fact? Was her reply.

Haba. What is she feeling like. I thought to myself.
Mtchew. I sighed.

I typed fastly......
"Dear its a fact oh. I am sorry if I sound so blunt. I can even see you along the road and pass without recognizing you as my sister . Don't you think its funny "

I waited for her reply, thursday, friday, till today she has not replied.

Just this morning Uche called me and asked Me if I
quarrelled with Achirinma. I said No and told him everything. I didn't bother to ask him why he wanted to know.

My question is. ..

Did I say or do anything wrong?

Its it my fault that my grandfather married TEN
WIVES?"
share your experience.

★★★★waiting for comments and answer to my question★★★★★
Re: POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE -----the Effect On The Children ------ by Kimmo(f): 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
No, you didn't do anything wrong by reaching out, especially since she could have looked through your profile and seen the people you know in common.

FYI, if she's like me, she's not going to like her Facebook ID posted on social media like this.

1 Like

Re: POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE -----the Effect On The Children ------ by EfemenaXY: 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
Okay.

I get that your grandfather married several wives which was the norm in his time...but as per your topic, what has that got to do with your relationship with the facebook girl? I don't get it.
Re: POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE -----the Effect On The Children ------ by tpia5: 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
Are we supposed to go and check the people you named?

And, you seem to have it in for the lady, yes, polygamy leads to much infighting, that's not news.

The advantage of polygamy is you know early on, who your enemies are.

1 Like

Re: POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE -----the Effect On The Children ------ by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
Kimmo:
No, you didn't do anything wrong by reaching out, especially since she could have looked through your profile and seen the people you know in common.

FYI, if she's like me, she's not going to like her Facebook ID posted on social media like this.

well.said -----.I dont know her.to.know if she is like you
Re: POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE -----the Effect On The Children ------ by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:
Okay.

I get that your grandfather married several wives which was the norm in his time...but as per your topic, what has that got to do with your relationship with the facebook girl? I don't get it.

just read it again
I pray you understand
Re: POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE -----the Effect On The Children ------ by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
tpia5:
Are we supposed to go and check the people you named?

And, you seem to have it in for the lady, yes, polygamy leads to much infighting, that's not news.

The advantage of polygamy is you know early on, who your enemies are.

I was really pissed
I feel so stupid trying to bond
Re: POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE -----the Effect On The Children ------ by Nobody: 3:40am On Dec 03, 2014
Re: POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE -----the Effect On The Children ------ by mutter(f): 3:49am On Dec 03, 2014
What you wrote was not wron but that should not have been the inroduction. That would have been better at a later time. For the first contact it might have hit a nerve. Anyway just write her a friendly message and exxplain you were just being familiar because you see her a s a sister and so you related to her as one. Getting to know each other could be an enrichment, no point wasting the chance on a minor missunderstanding.
Re: POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE -----the Effect On The Children ------ by Nobody: 4:10am On Dec 03, 2014
mutter:
What you wrote was not wron but that should not have been the inroduction. That would have been better at a later time. For the first contact it might have hit a nerve. Anyway just write her a friendly message and exxplain you were just being familiar because you see her a s a sister and so you related to her as one. Getting to know each other could be an enrichment, no point wasting the chance on a minor missunderstanding.

.thanks

(1) (Reply)

Point To Consider When Building A Successful Home. / Dis Particular Scene Is Frm Which Movie??? / Taming The Viper Of Envy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.