Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? (18705 Views)

A Polygamous home Or A Single Parent Home? / Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? / Polygamous Home !what Impact Does It Make In The Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
Is there one without bitter rivalry and subtle resentments and jealousies?
can they be happy in this arrangement
How about the children from polygamous homes,what are your regrets and what did you miss by having a dad who had other families
Did you resent your dad when he married new wives
How did you feel about the half siblings
Will you do same i.e marry more than one or be married to a polygamist

Or did you come from a happy big love family where your daddy took evening walks with your mom and co mothers ,perhaps you had a happy polygamous neighborhood family that you admired.
Please share

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by greatgod2012(f): 2:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
No, there is no happy polygamous home, they may be pretending to be happy, but, there is no real , i mean REAL happiness in polygamous home.
May God help us all.

#talking from experience.

10 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
greatgod2012: No, there is no happy polygamous home, they may be pretending to be happy, but, there is no real , i mean REAL happiness in polygamous home.
May God help us all.

Can you explain further
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by coogar: 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
greatgod2012: No, there is no happy polygamous home, they may be pretending to be happy, but, there is no real , i mean REAL happiness in polygamous home.
May God help us all.

there are happy polygamous homes.....
it's only when there's no money you see strife and raw anger. i used to have an asian boss with 4 wives. the wives work as a team with mutual respect. they even go camping with the kids of the other wives for days!

4 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by biolabee(m): 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
coogar:

it's only when there's no money you see strife and raw anger.[b]. i used to have an asian boss with 4 wives. the wives work as a team with mutual respect. they even go camping with the kids of the other wives for days!

I want to agree with the bolded but from commens of NL ladies who are supposedly empowered and are earning their own income, they still can't stomach sharing their man

Why is this so
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by greatgod2012(f): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
biolabee:

I want to agree with the bolded but from commens of NL ladies who are supposedly empowered and are earning their own income, they still can't stomach sharing their man

Why is this so

because...."orisa je kinpe meji obinrin ko si"
whether the man is rich or not, no woman will want to share her man with another woman. Jealousy will always set in. We are all human.

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by onila(f): 3:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
there is no happiness

I hate all my step brothers from my father

if its there is money, there is still no happiness

when the father dies, trust me
most polygamous families go thru hell

one will be like you did not come from my mother so I aint helping you or yr not inheriting it

men are dumb for marrying more than one wife

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by coogar: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
biolabee:

Why is this so

religion has a big part to play in that. muslim ladies don't have any gripe with their husbands having more than one wife.
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by greatgod2012(f): 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
babyosisi:

Can you explain further

i am from a polygamous home, my dad had 3 wives, and even though, the wives pretends to be happy with one another, but they never really are, based on what each mother told/tell their children.
I wouldnt want to go into too much details here, you know we have diverse people here, and who knows, whether one or more of my half siblings are Nairalanders, but i still maintain my point, they may be pretending to be happy, but no real happiness in polygamous homes......mark the word......REAL. IT MEANS THERE MAY BE FAKE HAPPINESS, BUT NOT REAL HAPPINESS.
May God help us all.

6 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by greatgod2012(f): 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
coogar:

it's only when there's no money you see strife and raw anger. i used to have an asian boss with 4 wives. the wives work as a team with mutual respect. they even go camping with the kids of the other wives for days!

cougar, its not only money that makes a family. That your boss family you talked about are only pretending, if you move or you are very conversant with the wives, you will see that they are only pretending to be happy, they are not REALLY happy with themselves, even, if the last 3 wives do not care, not the first wife, she cant be happy that her hubby betrayed her trust by marrying additional wives. You can only see the truth coming out when the man dies.
Again, "orisa je npe meji obinrin ko si".
May God help us all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by coogar: 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
greatgod2012:

i am from a polygamous home, my dad had 3 wives, and even though, the wives pretends to be happy with one another, but they never really are, based on what each mother told/tell their children.
I wouldnt want to go into too much details here, you know we have diverse people here, and who knows, whether one or more of my half siblings are Nairalanders, but i still maintain my point, they may be pretending to be happy, but no real happiness in polygamous homes......mark the word......REAL. IT MEANS THERE MAY BE FAKE HAPPINESS, BUT NOT REAL HAPPINESS.
May God help us all.

it's all in the head.....
far majority of divorces are from monogamous homes - so who are we fooling? if you have a man and a wife at home too, they would fight and say horrible stuff to each other. wives pretending to be happy is a moot point - humans are generally insatiable!

i really commend your dad - 3 wives are better than 2. actually any number is better than 2. it's only when one woman feels left out that danger is imminent. when there are more than one wife feeling left out, things are generally better.

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2013
onila: there is no happiness

one will be like you did not come from my mother so I aint helping you or yr not inheriting it

lwkd
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by greatgod2012(f): 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2013
coogar:

religion has a big part to play in that. muslim ladies don't have any gripe with their husbands having more than one wife.

cougar! You are a liar, even, if islam approves polygamy, very many of these muslim women are not happy with their men for having additional wives, only that, they cant really fight for it, because of their religion, and even at that, many muslim women have refused to continue living with the man, once he has another wife/wives.
May God help us all.

5 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by teniyi(m): 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
Most people who will not be happy in polygamous home are the same people who will not be comfortable with the extended family.
That is just how it is.
There are cases where first and second wives will be happy until the third or fourth wife comes in. Its like infections, if one of the wife is problematic, she contact it to others.
A woman who will not stay in polygamous home also will have problem if the husband marry only her.
So there can be happiness it depends on the situation.
My next neighbour that box the wife everyday has only one wife and this is common in most home.

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by biolabee(m): 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
coogar:

i used to think so,,. but as said by and chick-poster onila [s](surprised to see she actually posts other than chicks and virginity stuff), [/s]women dont do good in an enclosed space
They fight and scratch
In Afrika, they go diabolical...

Polygamy breeds mistrust and a man could lose his children due to infighting and jealousy

my own is how does this gel with feminism

1 Like

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by biolabee(m): 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2013
dear onila.. can u explain more

When u say hate it is a strong word...

I feel if a woman is comfortable with her kids and there is a well defined poking arrangment, should there be negative feelings

onila: there is no happiness

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by coogar: 3:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
greatgod2012:
cougar! You are a liar, even, if islam approves polygamy, very many of these muslim women are not happy with their men for having additional wives, only that, they cant really fight for it, because of their religion, and even at that, many muslim women have refused to continue living with the man, once he has another wife/wives.
May God help us all.

a true muslim lady must accept the possibility of her husband marrying more than one wife. it's in the holy quaran. the ones that are not happy are fake muslims or not really deep in the religion.

biolabee:
i used to think so,,. but as said by and chick-poster onila [s](surprised to see she actually posts other than chicks and virginity stuff), [/s]women dont do good in an enclosed space
They fight and scratch
In Afrika, they go diabolical...

this is because we are generally backwards in africa!! what is it that does not go the diabolical way in africa? football? politics? seeking employment? wealth creation? in short name one industry in africa you won't find diabolical practises? some churches even use charms to drive congregation to worship.

Polygamy breeds mistrust and a man could lose his children due to infighting and jealousy
my own is how does this gel with feminism

it then begs the question - how come monogamous marriages have a much more higher divorce rate than polygamous. i have been to UAE/qatar/jordan - the people there are mostly polygamous and we don't get to hear of homicide or climbing divorce rates in those places.

5 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by greatgod2012(f): 3:38pm On Jun 13, 2013
onila:

very dumb indeed, as far as im concerned, no normal-thinking man should marry more than a wife, except the first wife dies.
The disadvantages and dangers and negative effect that polygamy has on the family, especially on the children is far more than any benefit one can get from it, even, if there is any benefit at all.
May God help us all.

7 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by onila(f): 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
biolabee: dear onila.. can u explain more

When u say hate it is a strong word...

I feel if a woman is comfortable with her kids and there is a well defined poking arrangment, should there be negative feelings

I hate them because I hate their mothers

their mothers are dumb evil wicked b1tches. .trust me, their mothers will transfer der wickedness to the children

thank heavens, am abroad . .I pray i wnt have to deal with those as-sholes in the future
I am also lucky my step brothers are younger than me

the only step siblings that are accepted by their other siblings is when the or yr mother has kids from another marriage or relationship

when its yr father that has kids from another woman, trust me u will hate that kid despite if the bas-tard is nice or wicked
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2013
if your dad married those women, they are not bastards
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by greatgod2012(f): 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2013
coogar:

a true muslim lady must accept the possibility of her husband marrying more than one wife. it's in the holy quaran. the ones that are not happy are fake muslims or not really deep in the religion.

and a true muslim must know how to treat them all equally. Cougar, as a human being, is it possible to treat the wives equally in ALL ASPECT of the marriage. Is it possible? Be sincere. Are you sure there wont be preference or favouritism when dealing with the wives.And that is why a very true muslim will not even dare it.
What about the children, can he like, treat and care for all of them equally, regardless of who the mother is?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by onila(f): 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
greatgod2012:

very dumb indeed, as far as im concerned, no normal-thinking man should marry more than a wife, except the first wife dies.
The disadvantages and dangers and negative effect that polygamy has on the family, especially on the children is far more than any benefit one can get from it, even, if there is any benefit at all.
May God help us all.

men that marry one wife are very selfish

that means u dont care abt yr childrenz happiness . .u rather be happy than yr offspring's

its better you keep yr first wife in yr house with her children. .then have concubines and bast-ards all over the place than marry and bring those deperate gold-digging b1tches into your house

that exactly what my grandfather did, he was much smarter

he made sure he never married any other woman apart from his first wife but had bas-tards littered around Nigeria

when he died, all his first children wife inherited all his property while the bast-ards where left with nothing
till today they are still begging to be part of the family

but my father;s mother(grandmother) does not give a fuc-k abt them tongue
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by armyofone(m): 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
Not fair at all. How can a guy with only one thing enjoys four things?
how do they have the strength to do it? I think it is stressful for them.
I think men that marry more than one wife or sleep with someone outside marriage are just greedy.

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by coogar: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
greatgod2012:
and a true muslim must know how to treat them all equally. Cougar, as a human being, is it possible to treat the wives equally in ALL ASPECT of the marriage.

it's possible!
very very possible - human management skills would trigger in the marriage. fair play across the board and mutual respect must be the tenet of such marriages. if men can manage people at work, they would manage wives at home.

Is it possible? Be sincere. Are you sure there wont be preference or favouritism when dealing with the wives.And that is why a very true muslim will not even dare it.

it's possible cos i have seen it done in that same lagos.

What about the children, can he like, treat and care for all of them equally, regardless of who the mother is?

are you saying a father of 7 children in a monogamous setting might find it difficult treating them equally? grin

armyofone: Not fair at all. How can a guy with only one thing enjoys four things?
how do they have the strength to do it? I think it is stressful for them.

I think men that marry more than one wife or sleep with someone outside marriage are just greedy.

and you know it's stressful for polygamous men because you have a dangling 3rd leg between your thighs?david, abraham, jacob, moses are all greedy, aren't they?

armybabe, a woman of one thing can also enjoy 12 things. if you don't believe me, ask the pröstitutes @ kuramo beach. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by onila(f): 3:52pm On Jun 13, 2013
greatgod2012:

and a true muslim must know how to treat them all equally. Cougar, as a human being, is it possible to treat the wives equally in ALL ASPECT of the marriage. Is it possible? Be sincere. Are you sure there wont be preference or favouritism when dealing with the wives.And that is why a very true muslim will not even dare it.

most of the other wives

are just gold-diggers

bringing innocent children to the world to suffer . .selfish like their husband. .SMH!
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by armyofone(m): 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2013
Wait, are you polygamous? shocked grin

coogar:

and you know it's stressful for polygamous men because you have a dangling 3rd leg between your thighs?david, abraham, jacob, moses are all greedy, aren't they?

armybabe, a woman of one thing can also enjoy 12 things. if you don't believe me, ask the pröstitutes @ kuramo beach. tongue
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by spoilt(f): 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
Religion rams strange concepts down women's throats.

4 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by coogar: 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
armyofone: Wait, are you polygamous? shocked grin

4 sexy alhajas without burqa!
armygirl - life hasn't been so good. if i sneeze, there are 3 women running around to get me kleenex. i eat some of the most exotic foods in the world - competition brings out the best in women. i cannot remember the last time i came home and finding any of my wives dressing shabbily....

if i were you, i would get a sex change! cheesy grin

greatgod2012:
May God help us all.

i'd refer you to this thread to see the responses of the true muslim ladies.....

https://www.nairaland.com/792568/muslim-women-polygamy-tolerate-2nd

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by spoilt(f): 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
Lol. Lord of the manor.
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by biolabee(m): 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
interesting.. but i dont see why you are transferring the emotions of the elders to the younger
My father came from a polygamous and notwithstanding all the machinations of the mums, my grandfather ensured the brothers saw themselves as one

Failure of polygamy is the man's responsibility

Failure of mono gamy is the man's responsibility

onila:

I hate them because I hate their mothers

their mothers are dumb evil wicked b1tches. .trust me, their mothers will transfer der wickedness to the children

thank heavens, am abroad . .I pray i wnt have to deal with those as-sholes in the future
I am also lucky my step brothers are younger than me

the only step siblings that are accepted by their other siblings is when the or yr mother has kids from another marriage or relationship

when its yr father that has kids from another woman, trust me u will hate that kid despite if the bas-tard is nice or wicked

1 Like

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by bukatyne(f): 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
Polygamy defeats the very purpose of marriage

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by biolabee(m): 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
i am still waiting for the feminazis

if a man brings a second wife into the home, you are at liberty to walk out if you are not satisfied
#marriageNobeByForce

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

HOT TOPIC: Advice For Married Women Denying Their Husband Conjugal "Rights" / "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question / My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.