Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque (1136 Views)

Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Islamic Cleric Arrested Over 3-day Marathon Sex Deliverance From 'mammy Water' / 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by chimaobikanu(m): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
I guess he is the second Pope to do this after John Paul the II. But is still ask myself this question, are all these in a bid
foster peaceful co-existence between christians and muslims?

Pope Francis prayed on Saturday on the second day of his visit to Turkey alongside a senior Islamic cleric in Istanbul’s blue mosque. The blue mosque, known officially as the Sultanahmet Mosque, opened in 1616 and is the most famous in Turkey. Its popular name was a reference to the fine blue Iznik tiles in its main prayer room. The Vatican City spokesperson described it as a gesture of inter- religious harmony and a joint “moment of silent adoration” of God. Pope Francis took off his shoes as he entered the huge mosque before bowing his head in prayer for several minutes, facing Mecca and standing next to Istanbul’s Grand Mufti Rahmi Yaran. A similar act by his predecessor Pope Benedict in 2006 drew criticism from conservative Catholics and some Muslims. Halil Cil, 24, a hospital worker from Istanbul, said there was need to show respect for each other’s beliefs. He said God willing the pope’s visit would help in this respect. “We want to practice our religion in peace, as we want people to understand Islam,” he said. “More so we don’t want war. Islam is a religion of peace. Hundreds of people, many of them tourists, watched from behind police barriers as the pope then walked to the nearby Aya Sofya museum, once the Christian church Hagia Sophia. A group of school children waving Turkish and Vatican flags chanted “Long live Pope Francis” in Italian as the Muslim call to prayer rang out across the Sultanahmet square, the heart of Istanbul’s historic quarter. Pope would later in the day, celebrate Mass at the Catholic Cathedral of the Holy Spirit and then meet the leader of the Orthodox Church, Bartholomew. Discussions at Bartholomew are expected to focus on healing the schism in the Christian Church in 1054 that divided Rome and Constantinople. Islamic State insurgents have captured swathes of neighbouring Syria and Iraq, persecuting and killing Shi’ite Muslims, Christians and others who do not share their ultra-radical brand of Sunni Islam.

www.premiumtimesng.com/foreign/172093-pope-francis-joins-islamic-cleric-pray-mosque.html
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by dunkem21(m): 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
Dumbfounded. lipsrsealed
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by hungryboy(m): 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
i see
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Bennyberry(m): 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
Wow.God bless pope francis
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by holatin(m): 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
This a real religion leader.
May Allah (swa) continue to guide and protect you.
THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD.
WE SERVE ONLY ONE GOD

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by peteregwu(m): 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
Pope is a lineage of the Antichrist kingdom, the LovePeddler woman in revelation. Pope I'd working it out, the coming of the Antichrist. And I believe the Antichrist will be a pope.
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by thegoodone2(m): 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
we service one God.the only difrent there is d use of language. i
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
religions are all alike, founded upon fables and myths.

-Thomas Jefferson

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Zakkyoz: 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
wonderful
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by asalimpo(m): 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
Would Jesus pray in a mosque?

"ye are of your Father the devil .
"
The devil was a murderer. Every murderer is inspired by d devil.
Islam is of d devil thts y there's so much bloodshed in it.
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by plaetton: 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
asalimpo:

"ye are of your Father the devil .
"
Islam is of d devil thts y there's so much bloodshed in it.

Would jesus pray in a church ?
Ignorant African who thinks he is now smarter and more christian than the Pope.
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Rilwayne001: 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
asalimpo:

Tell me the Church Jesus attended during his time? undecided

Cherubum and seraphim?
Catholic Church?
Redeem christian church?
Deeper life?
CAC?
Church of the Mormons?

Which one exactly? undecided

[s] "ye are of your Father the devil "
Islam is of d devil thts y there's so much bloodshed in it. [/s]

Why don't you emulate the Pope and stop this your hatred campaign?

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Empiree: 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
why are Christians vexing here now. peteregwu, whatz up? Catholic is now bad?. Deal with it
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Religionsection(f): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Tell me the Church Jesus attended during his time? undecided

Cherubum and seraphim?
Catholic Church?
Redeem christian church?
Deeper life?
CAC?
Church of the Mormons?

Which one exactly? undecided

Why don't you emulate the Pope and stop this your hatred campaign?
Why don't you stop your nonsense pretence and come to worship with us tomorrow since you want to emulate the Pope?
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Rich4god(m): 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2014
peteregwu:
Pope is a lineage of the Antichrist kingdom, the LovePeddler woman in revelation. Pope I'd working it out, the coming of the Antichrist. And I believe the Antichrist will be a pope.
SMH...:|
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Rilwayne001: 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
Religionsection:

Why don't you stop your nonsense pretence and come to worship with us tomorrow since you want to emulate the Pope?

undecided Ajibam the chuckoo undecided undecided

Let him address my question and stop displaying your featherhead here even after creating anothet moniker
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Religionsection(f): 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
Rilwayne001:

undecided Ajibam the chuckoo undecided undecided

Let him address my question and stop displaying your featherhead here even after creating anothet moniker
Mac is the one with featherhead
Stop trying to run away from the question with flimsy excuse!

Go and create a thread about it, Ajibam has a new monicker..
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Rilwayne001: 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2014
Religionsection:

Mac is the one with featherhead

Nonsense. Everyone on this section can testify to it that you are a mooncalf....so get over it undecided undecided

Stop trying to run away from the question with flimsy excuse!
I owe you no answer because the post you quote wasnt directed at you. let the person reply me

Go and create a thread about it, Ajibam has a new monicker..

I don't need to, your gender status already proved it.
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Religionsection(f): 9:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Nonsense. Everyone on this section can testify to it that you are a mooncalf....so get over it undecided undecided

I owe you no answer because the post you quote wasnt directed at you. let the person reply me

I don't need to, your gender status already proved it.
Get a life!
Meanwhile, Sunday school starts by 8am tomorrow..
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Rilwayne001: 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
Religionsection:

Get a life!
Meanwhile, Sunday school starts by 8am tomorrow..

My roomates are hardcore christians, they would gist me about the sunday service, we would argue atimes too, and we live in peace....

You are the one that need to get a life, stop faking your identity undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by paxonel(m): 7:46am On Nov 30, 2014
GOD BLESS POPE FRANCIS, you have inspired us. God bless as many christians that follows this man's foot step, i am not a Catholic, but this man is my mentor in life

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by paxonel(m): 7:59am On Nov 30, 2014
peteregwu:

if you don't tell us the meaning of Antichrist here,as it is explained in the bible, with scriptures , then you are the one that is antichrist
Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by joseph1832(m): 8:17am On Nov 30, 2014
plaetton:

Would jesus pray in a church ?
Ignorant African who thinks he is now smarter and more christian than the Pope.
The fool forgot that even Jesus observed the Sabbath!. The typical Nigerian Christian is getting more silly as the day goes by.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque by Burmak: 9:22am On Nov 30, 2014
Am a catholic but i do not support the pope's action.his predecessors did the same but with what results? No true peace without christ the pope is just wasting his precious time,if you want there to peace pray for them to be converted to christ's all this dialogue is useless jesus instructed his church to pray for them and make them his disciples and not to dialogue with them.
These people are only doing what their god commanded them they can never change its like trying to evangelise lucifer

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Usermane? / Without Womb And Fallopian Tube , Yet She Took In And Gave Birth To Children. / I Am Not Jesus. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.