Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage (1689 Views)

Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Words From A Father To His Son About Women And Marriage / A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by msmon(m): 12:52am On Nov 30, 2014

1 – My Daughter, the way to a man’s heart is no longer his stomach but the quality of your brain.

2 – My daughter, if your man must be Tall, Dark and
Handsome then be ready to be the 2nd best because what you desire, others’ seek too.

3 – My daughter, if you allow your parents’/family/friend pressure push you into marriage, you may end up a single mother.

4 – My daughter, man that slaps you before marriage will build a boxing ring after marriage. Guess who his opponent will be – YOU!

5 - My daughter, A man’s greatest need in this world is to be respected, and the person he desires that respect from the most is his wife. Take it from me, when respect is given even when he doesn’t deserve it, it will motivate him to earn it.

6 – Daughter, if what attracted him to you are your bosoms and the sexy legs you flaunted, the contents of your brain had better keep him, else, there are too many well-rounded and bigger bosoms waiting to snatch him away.

7 – My daughter, the truth is men love sex, at least 95% that I’m aware of. To him, if you can’t continue, don’t start! If you start, don’t stop! Be careful!

8 – My daughter, if he doesn’t discuss future plans with you in the picture, he just want a fling, take note!

9 – My daughter, even when you trust each other, a little jealousy reminds him that you care.

10 – My daughter, men love a listener. No matter how much you want your opinion to push through, listen to his details and don’t counter it.

11 – My daughter, when you are already living with him before marriage (trial marriage), he won’t propose quickly. So, don't be upset, you caused it!

12 – My daughter, don’t waste your years waiting for an unserious man to propose just because his parents love you, you are going to be married and live with him, not his parents.

13 – My daughter, when you seek his advice, you make him feel more of a man than he is.

14 – My daughter, our encouragement or concern about his career or job works faster than listening to a motivational tape.

15 - My daughter, an engagement ring isn’t an assurance for marriage, it could possibly make you his regular sex-mate. It has happened to many, u better learn.

16 - My daughter, be wise! Men are childlike, to draw them nearer is the easiest. Be hatch with him, and he will run after someone else, but care and pamper him, he will be your forever.

17 - My daughter, you need to guard you heart. The grass is not greener on the other side. Do not believe the lie that with a slimmer figure, a higher salary, a faster car, or a bigger house, you will be a happier woman. The world is full of things and people that will serve as reminders that you don’t have the best of the best, but it’s simply not true. Live the life you’ve been blessed with, and BE THANKFUL.

18 - My daughter, learn to forgive. No one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes. If you make forgiveness a habit – for everything from major mistakes to little annoyances you will keep resentment from growing.

19 - My daughter, choose to love and stay in love. There are times in a marriage that you may wake up and not feel in love anymore. Choose to love anyway. There are times when you may not be attracted to your husband anymore. Choose to love anyway. Marriage is a commitment.

20. My daughter, put God first and master the act of praying.

Composed by msmon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 30, 2014
suggestion: OPEN LETTER FROM MOTHER TO DAUGHTER
Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by msmon(m): 1:53am On Nov 30, 2014
You are right afolag, but it's a parallel thread to the one created by our friend Jidefido on Nov 28
[www.nairaland.com/2020083/words-father-son-women-marriage]. So, I decide to maintain the same title will necessary alteration to it. Over to RoyalBoy and Tgirl4real.
Tag: xcelsia, khaffi, IfyAwazie, parismarc

afolag:
suggestion: OPEN LETTER FROM MOTHER TO DAUGHTER

1 Like

Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by Nobody: 2:01am On Nov 30, 2014
nice piece but the question is, 'is this piece of advice meant for our Nigerian wayward girls or those who school in France'?
Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 30, 2014
Interesting..
Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by MMotimo: 6:16am On Nov 30, 2014
I really like #1, that whole stomach to heart route is so ancient.
With today's rat race, food should be the least of any man's problems. Man shall not live by bread alone, you only need enough to keep you healthy

#20 is sacrosanct, you will go very far with it. God is still alive and yes, He still answers prayers
Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 30, 2014
eminentme:
nice piece but the question is, 'is this piece of advice meant for our Nigerian wayward girls or those who school in France'?

I still don't get the reason you call Nigerian girls wayward, I guess you don't have sisters.
Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:36am On Nov 30, 2014
eminentme:
Oh svp ferme votre bouche....
Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by msmon(m): 6:40am On Nov 30, 2014
Lolz. I have recently come to realize that most of our friend on NL either study in france or Jamaica, they will soon come and tell us they don't need this advice bcoz they study abroad. Lolz
eminentme:
Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by Nutase: 6:46am On Nov 30, 2014
@op can u please translate to french for the benefit of those of us that schooled in France grin
Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by kozaic(f): 7:19am On Nov 30, 2014
eminentme:
nice piece but the question is, 'is this piece of advice meant for our Nigerian w
ayward girls or those who school in France'?

Pls Stop displaying ur unruliness in public..

1 Like

Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by monickerless: 8:07am On Nov 30, 2014
Too much 'My Daughters'. Nice post tho

1 Like

Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by lilmax(m): 8:36am On Nov 30, 2014
And how many unmarried women will take this in?
Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by crackhaus: 9:11am On Nov 30, 2014
Has all the advice in the world stopped young girls from dating married men, or married ones from having unnecessary problems with their in-laws?

1 Like

Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
msmon:

Composed by msmon

True talk my broda , true talk
Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by KillerBeauty(f): 1:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
Lemme save and keep this as a reminder. It will help me to be the woman God wants me to be. Time to get ready for society

1 Like

Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by 2CatWoman: 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
This was written by a man right? undecided A probably a single guy with no daughters.

2 Likes

Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
msmon:
You are right afolag, but it's a parallel thread to the one created by our friend Jidefido on Nov 28
[www.nairaland.com/2020083/words-father-son-women-marriage]. So, I decide to maintain the same title will necessary alteration to it. Over to RoyalBoy and Tgirl4real.
Tag: xcelsia, khaffi, IfyAwazie, parismarc
Thanks msmon, I promise to heed your advice smiley
Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by 2CatWoman: 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
msmon:

Composed by msmon

You just wrote that advice from a man's point of view.

3 Likes

Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by msmon(m): 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
You mean I'm sentimental? Where specifically?
Btw, what's ur gender?

2CatWoman:

You just wrote that advice from a man's point of view.
Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by 2CatWoman: 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
As soon as I started reading your OP I knew that you couldn't be a woman. If this is your personal requirements for a wife then fine. Everyone is different. I had no problem with the other thread as I believe it was written by a man.

2 Likes

Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by lilmax(m): 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
2CatWoman:
As soon as I started reading your OP I knew that you couldn't be a woman. If this is your personal requirements for a wife then fine. Everyone is different. I had no problem with the other thread as I believe it was written by a man.
just list one wrong point from the list
Re: Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Men And Marriage by YourCoffin: 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
OP, just like the other advice to men, this advice is not in tune with today's world. The world has gotten harsher, faster and independent. We have no option but to align too or wither off. Your parent's style of marriage could most likely be a disaster in yours.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Slept With My Friend's Hubby To Be... A True Confession / This Man Needs Your Help - Viewers Discretion Is Advised! / Long Distance Relationship, How Effective?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.