Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 (14286 Views)

APC Passes Vote Of No Confidence On Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello / Fulani Herdsmen Invade Enugu Community Kill Two, 19 Missing / INEC Weighs Its Options On Kogi, Lawyers Disagree:thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by TheRealMrStan(m): 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
No fewer than five persons were killed while properties estimated at millions of Naira were razed when Fulani herdsmen allegedly attacked Abugi community in Lokoja Local Government area of Kogi State.

Our correspondent gathered on Sunday that the incident, which took place on Friday evening, was a reprisal attack.

A source who pleaded anonymity for fear of attack told journalists in Lokoja, the Kogi State capital on Sunday, that the problem between the herdsmen and Abugi community started few days ago when some of the herdsmen allegedly robbed and killed Alhaji Abdullahi Zakari,who was sent to deliver money to an unnamed person in a neighbouring community.

The source said that, angered by the killing of Zakari, their kinsmen and youths in Abugi engaged in a reprisal attack in one of the Fulani settlements in the area, which allegedly led to the death of one person.

It was further learnt that some Fulani elders later met with the paramount ruler of the community, Alhaji Kabir Isa, for an amicable resolution of the crisis.

The source said that surprisingly, the Fulani herdsmen, about 5pm on Friday, attacked the Abugi community, killed people and burnt houses and other properties worth millions of naira.

It was gathered that the Kogi State Police Command had deployed police officers to the area to prevent further break down of law and order and to bring normalcy to the troubled community.

The Kogi State Police Command Public Relations Officer, Mr. Elvis Aguegbo, when contacted, said he was with the Commissioner of Police and would respond later but he never did as of the time of filling this report
http://www.punchng.com/news/five-killed-in-fulani-herdsmens-reprisal-in-kogi/
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by SuperModerator: 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Muslim extremists doing theirs
Fulani herds men doing their own too

15 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by korel9: 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Did I?

Too bad sad
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by shadelek(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
While boko haram are busy with their desolating assignment individual people are busy killing themselves and the country has been jeopardized and we keep on calling unto God for help. Let's wake up from our slumbering God has nothing to do with our problems, those problems were caused by us and we should be responsible for the solutions.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by igoro10: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
Too bad!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by lastmessenger: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
You see they love to kill but hate to be killed.

20 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
Damm
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by stlaibrowne(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
Issorite
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by danaiks(m): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
May God save us all
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by holatin(m): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
haaa
Military Ve to be deployed there so it wount be a match of counting scores.
is d IG still alive ??
attend to this now abi you dey wait for Oga at the top ?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by Elcemento(m): 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
Una no go kill us finish for this country.RIP to the dead.

MY SIGNATURE, MY PROFILE, MY BUSINESS !!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by herkeym001(m): 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
shadelek:

Bross, how you take do am?

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by Collynzo9: 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2014

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by Ezedon(m): 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by lilmax(m): 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by mencade6: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
buhari is a fvvvvcking fulani man.

Is this the type of barbaric man from a barbaric we want in this country?

God forbid.

He will lose as usual.

12 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by mckoolcharming(m): 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
Why vengeance........they would have allow the almighty to do dat!!!!!

May God help our country

#TEAMPEACENAIJA!!!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by MizMyColi(f): 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
Okay, these senseless killings have to stop!

I should arrange a meet with Mr President already and ask him for detailed information on what he's doing to ameliorate the incessant spates of violence in Dear Country.

*Dialling Aso Rock* angry

***Modified***

I think it's grafted in the fulanis to avenge.
That's a curse, imo sad
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by adrelanine: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
SuperModerator:
Muslim extremists doing theirs
Fulani herds men doing their own too
be mindful of ur words... thou i understand u re just trying to be noticed... just be mind full..

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by miredia(m): 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nigeria. A free for all fight in all quarters.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
Collynzo9:
This is the philosophy of APC's Elrufai (and Buhari)
[img]http://oregie.files./2014/09/el-rufai-tweet-fulani.jpg?w=558[/img]
http://mobile.twitter.com/elrufai/status/224577000218689537

And yea Mr ruffy said this

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by Successdude(m): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
*in tinubu's voice* E no gud o.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by yim(f): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
I think its high time we went apart as a country.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by Slitz(f): 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
Innallah wa inna illahi rajiun( It is from Allah we have come, and it is to him we would return) cry

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by miredia(m): 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
adrelanine:
be mindful of ur words... thou i understand u re just trying to be noticed... just be mind full..
why should he be mindful. He has not said anything out of order. So why the policing?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by emirp: 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nothing will salvage this country except "PRAYER" that's what my Bible tells me. God will indeed in His infinite mercy heal our land again in Jesus name. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by SuperModerator: 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
adrelanine:
isn't my statement true
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
Awon Hausa Fulani yii ya werey gaan oo
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by mcdokwe(m): 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
na wa o! One Day one trouble in my kwantry
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by Lakayanah: 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
Which way forward? Too much hatred. Are we sure we are even good Christians/Muslims in this country?

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by macpetrus(m): 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
Na wa Ooo
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5 by pembisco(m): 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
cry GEJ caused this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leave Buhari Alone, Face The Governance Of Ekiti– APC Tells Fayose / Why Reekado Banks Deserves The Award And Not Lil Kesh / Expect More Defections From APC To PDP – Timi Frank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.