Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,351 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? (27033 Views)

Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack / Under Aged Children Collecting PVC In The North / Top B H Commander Arrested In Cameroun With Guns, Rpgs, Bombs. N A Alerted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
Next up,they go begin give voters card to their nama
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by gratieao: 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
OtunbaJega:
Na today............

I witnessed the same in Bayelsa State where I served

Did anyone notice the PDP agent in the 3rd picture?

Where in Bayelsa did u serve and register underage?

1 Like

Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by M4gunners: 9:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
Op are you the one that took this pics? If yes why didn't you raise alarm or do you think you can not make the change we all are fighting for? If not where did you got it from? This is child labour for me.
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by gists: 9:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
OtunbaJega:
Na today............

Great observation. I knew these under aged voters were used by pdp in the last election but I didn't have the smoking gun evidence.
the use of under aged voters was how it was able to get the required minimum 25% in many northern states.

3 Likes

Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by White007(m): 9:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
gists:

Great observation. I knew these under aged voters were used by pdp in the last election but I didn't have the smoking gun evidence.
the use of under aged voters was how it was able to get the required minimum 25% in many northern states.

Keep deceiving yourselves, 2015 is not far of.
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Amadaz(m): 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
Only in the north would you see this happen... Woe betide that region!
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
OtunbaJega:
Na today............

What I saw is an agent with wearing a tag with inscription starting with A. I don't know when PDP started with the word A. Perhaps my glasses need to be replaced for me to see clearly.

1 Like

Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
Adelaide2:
Has the Nigerian authorities been alerted to these under-aged potential voters in the 2015 election?
This is a serious felony and Nigerians must stand up to protect their democracy. Any attempt to undermine the democratic system by anybody, be they PDP or APC, should be condemned in the strongest terms possible.

Photos from here

https://www.nairaland.com/2022293/popularity-buhari-among-swest-leaders
...there were moments I wish God had not destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.God should have spared it,and destroy Nigeria...
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Iolo(m): 9:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
changes1:
The inec officials registering them should be held responsible.

Isn't there a way for the system to bounce anyone below 18 yrs?
Abi the constitution now permits under aged voters that I don't know of Someone please educate me.... That's how during the 2006 census both goat, sheep, cow donkeys, camels etc were counted so as to give them more numbers... They are playing the same script again.

See them (those small kids) occupying space, hence making it difficult for adults and youths to register.

people who woke up very early by 5:30 am and stayed under the sun for days just to register will understand what I'm talking about.

Those kids self. abi do they think its homework they're submitting there? Abi them think say Na sweet and biscuits dem dey share there

The kind of rigging that will happen in 2015 will make devil look like a learner....

Unaged registration is quite rampant in the north. I'm replying you to give an insight based on my experience. I registered voters for the 2011 elections. As far as I know corpers first line of thought is to reject these kids as in the picture who are malnurished and in their teens or less. I reject quite a few but the problem then comes when there is soo much pressure on you by the local leaders and even the parents of the children (who may have promised a party agent that all his household would vote for his party) swear and proclaim that these kids are suffering from poor nutrition but are indeed over 18 years.

They'll tell you they voted in 2007 so why can't they vote now? And honestly the person looks 15 and says he voted in 2007 and even presents a PVC from that period, you have no choice but to register that person cause there is no other basis for rejection.

My point is sometimes the corpers hands are tied in cases like this as the rot of the system from times past comes back to haunt you.
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by gratieao: 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
Am not suppose to be in the same country with this people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by StoneColdBiceps(m): 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
changes1:

Abi the constitution now permits under aged voters that I don't know of Someone please educate me.... That's how during the 2006 census both goat, sheep, cow donkeys, camels etc were counted so as to give them more numbers... They are playing the same script again.

See them (those small kids) occupying space, hence making it difficult for adults and youths to register.

people who woke up very early by 5:30 am and stayed under the sun for days just to register will understand what I'm talking about.

Those kids self. abi do they think its homework they're submitting there? Abi them think say Na sweet and biscuits dem dey share there

The kind of rigging that will happen in 2015 will make devil look like a learner....

Wait! But is dis not insanity? Even inec officials attending to dem kids. Smh in disbelief

3 Likes

Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Nebuchadnezar: 10:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
JackBaueress1:
Direct your question to Attahiru Jega and INEC

sharap.

this is the handi work of the hopless general buhari

grin

1 Like

Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Slickest(m): 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
Buh mehhn....hausa pikin can b old on d insyd...once had a friend in sokoto state, ameen luked lyk a 10yr old until I learnt he was 23...
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by 46arcadez(m): 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
changes1:

U just made my night
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Adyrin(m): 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
oho
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
Iolo:

Unaged registration is quite rampant in the north. I'm replying you to give an insight based on my experience. I registered voters for the 2011 elections. As far as I know corpers first line of thought is to reject these kids as in the picture who are malnurished and in their teens or less. I reject quite a few but the problem then comes when there is soo much pressure on you by the local leaders and even the parents of the children (who may have promised a party agent that all his household would vote for his party) swear and proclaim that these kids are suffering from poor nutrition but are indeed over 18 years.

They'll tell you they voted in 2007 so why can't they vote now? And honestly the person looks 15 and says he voted in 2007 and even presents a PVC from that period, you have no choice but to register that person cause there is no other basis for rejection.

My point is sometimes the corpers hands are tied in cases like this as the rot of the system from times past comes back to haunt you.

The same set of people that will scream aloud that FG ain't working when they are corrupting it at the grassroots level.

1 Like

Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
dID MY VOTERS REGISTRATION AT MY HOMETOWN IN EDO STATE, I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE FACT THAT NO MECHANISM WAS PUT ON GROUND BY INEC OR SECURITY PERSONNEL TO ENSURE THAT UNDER AGE VOTERS WHERE NOT REGISTERED, IN FACT THE WHOLE EXERCISE WAS OF ARCHAIC STANDARDS, ONLY 2 LAPTOPS IN A WHOLE WARD COMPRISING OF ALMOST 15 TOWNS.....

IN FELS'S VOICE......I SORRY SORRYO, I SORRY FOR NIGERIA OO...I SORRY SORRY OOO.
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by collmira: 10:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
Since over age no wan retire

1 Like

Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by ignis: 10:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
In Jega's voice " The 2015 election is going to be pree and pair"
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Kirinwa: 10:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
Slickest:
Buh mehhn....hausa pikin can b old on d insyd...once had a friend in sokoto state, ameen luked lyk a 10yr old until I learnt he was 23...

That one may be an exception but not enough to excuse all these kids I see.
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Obinoscopy(m): 10:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
APContherun:

What I saw is an agent with wearing a tag with inscription starting with A. I don't know when PDP started with the word A. Perhaps my glasses need to be replaced for me to see clearly.
Look at the logo. You'll see an umbrella.

4 Likes

Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
LordMecuzy:
brb make I cause small Political E-war.

THIS MUST BE THE HAND WORK OF PDP

INEC is owned by PDP na, if not d electoral officer no dey see? abi him get glaucoma not to notice dis boys are not yet 18? Abi him dey fear him life self

Naija we hail thee

^^^If we were to go along with your logic; how comes PDP isn't doing same in the south!?
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by bnovative(m): 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
This can happen only in the north. they're all progressives and buhari's vote base. we have seen it happen during census in the north; where a mallam comes out of his small hut to tell the census official that he has four wives with 20 children. As official u dare not try to insist on seeing the alleged wives and children because every house in the north is " ba shiga " The north is a fraud and they know it.
Also you will not hear any apc supporters condemn this malpractice, because it serves their masters. Apc is a joke .

1 Like

Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Kirinwa: 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
M4gunners:
Op are you the one that took this pics? If yes why didn't you raise alarm or do you think you can not make the change we all are fighting for? If not where did you got it from? This is child labour for me.

So you hate op so much to suggest this cluelessness? You want Hausa people to use him as suya?
Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by Scout60(m): 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
courage54:
I won't be surprise if this is true, because even the election umpire INEC is a shadow of itself.

We must vote for a new set of government who is capable to correct all these abnormalities, and that government can only be a BUHARI corruption free government.

As for me and my FAMILY we are voting for change and that change is BUHARI.

God bless Nigeria
God bless Niger-delta
Where in niger delta are u from

1 Like

Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
changes1:

The same set of people that will scream aloud that FG ain't working when they are corrupting it at the grassroots level.

^^^Imagine the irony!....And it's these same people that will be screaming 'CHANGE'! sad

1 Like

Re: Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters? by eunisam: 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
in 2011 when i was posted in one interior village,i was forced and treatend to register under age.which i had no option but to do.if i had refused,your papa no fit save me .i swear.
changes1:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arrested Judges: Court Summons Buhari, DSS / Atiku Abubakar Dances To Small Doctor's 'Penalty' At Son's Wedding (Video) / ADC Governorship Candidate, Akachukwu Nwankpo Voted For APGA (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.