Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

What Is The Meaning Of Status Quo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Meaning Of Status Quo? (1467 Views)

Enugu 2015: Chime’s Battle Against Status Quo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of Status Quo? by chrisxxx(m): 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
I tie neck someone and the person takes me to court. The judge hears from both of us and adjourns the case. Meanwhile I still have my hands on his neck. In the judge adjournment speech, he says we should maintain status quo. On hearing this the litigant claims the judge says I should free him. On my side as the defendant, I am seeing this as the condition we came to the court with should be maintained until such a time final ruling is given.
Lawyers and others in the house who among us (litigant, defendant) has a valid point?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Status Quo? by alexx187(m): 9:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
chrisxxx:
I tie neck someone and the person takes me to court. The judge hears from both of us and adjourns the case. Meanwhile I still have my hands on his neck. In the judge adjournment speech, he says we should maintain status quo. On hearing this the litigant claims the judge says I should free him. On my side as the defendant, I am seeing this as the condition we came to the court with should be maintained until such a time final ruling is given.
Lawyers and others in the house who among us (litigant, defendant) has a valid point?
means existing state of affairs..what u fink?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Status Quo? by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
Unfortunately for the guy that took you to court, the judgement means you can continue to throttle him till the next hearing of the case!

Blame the silly Judge!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Status Quo? by tit(f): 10:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
I does not know latin.
But i shall try to transliterate the idiom.

You go to court if you hear someone wants to tie your neck.
That way when the judge says status quo, it means the guy should not tie your neck.

using FGN versus Tambuwal, tambuwal failed biggg time, twice!
first, Tambuwal went to court after he had defected and lost his membership of the house.
the "state"which he sought to maintain at the point he went to court does not entertain his membership of the house.
that lids us to his second blunder.
Tambuwal should be fighting to keep his membership of the house. By expending energies fighting for the privileged position of speaker, he shows that he does not have good home upbringing.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Status Quo? by anaedo197143: 10:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
It means everything should go back as it was before the trouble started. Which means u have to free him.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Status Quo? by donphilopus: 10:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
[s]
tit:
I does not know latin.
But i shall try to transliterate the idiom.

You go to court if you hear someone wants to tie your neck.
That way when the judge says status quo, it means the guy should not tie your neck.

using FGN versus Tambuwal, tambuwal failed biggg time, twice!
first, Tambuwal went to court after he had defected and lost his membership of the house.
the "state"which he sought to maintain at the point he went to court does not entertain his membership of the house.
that lids us to his second blunder.
Tambuwal should be fighting to keep his membership of the house. By expending energies fighting for the privileged position of speaker, he shows that he does not have good home upbringing.
[/s]

Gibberish. Answer the question before you and stop babbling. Does this gibberish up there make any sense to you that posted it let alone others?!

@topic, Status quo is a Latin phrase meaning the existing state of affairs.[1] It is the nominal form of the prepositional Latin phrase "in statu quo" – literally "in the state in which", which itself is a shortening of the original phrase in statu quo res erant ante bellum, meaning "in the state in which things were before the war". To maintain the status quo is to keep the things the way they presently are. The related phrase status quo ante, literally "the state in which before", means "the state of affairs that existed previously".

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_quo
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Status Quo? by tit(f): 10:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
anaedo197143:
It means everything should go back as it was before the trouble started. Which means u have to free him.

The trouble started when Tambuwal defected from PDP!
Do you mean status quo means he returns to being a member of PDP?

Noooo!
We reject him!
We spit him out!
He has defected and is no longer a member of the house.

When eveerybody was begging him, he thought we were fools.
like a child who is crying and people are begging to stop crying,
he was enjoying the attention,
not knowing we were running out of patience.
President Jonathan even held him in his presidential hands the other time they had a meeting in Aso Rock.
And the fool thought humility and love for peace, was a sign of weakness.
The gloves are off now.
He can cry to his satisafction.
He can go and bemoan his fate in Otta with the gorimapa there.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Status Quo? by uzeba(m): 10:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
Google is ur friend!
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Status Quo? by tit(f): 10:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

Gibberish. Answer the question before you and stop babbling. Does this gibberish up there make any sense to you that posted it let alone others?!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_quo

stop abusing yarsef.
it does not make you wiser.

(1) (Reply)

Isis In Syria: Photos Show Extremists Stoning A Couple To Death For Adultery / EFCC Declares Nyako And Son Wanted… And His Reply Will Shock You! / APC Leaders Mocked In A New Advert,Called Association Of Past Criminals(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.