Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Boko Haram Invade Another Borno Town, Kill Dozens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Invade Another Borno Town, Kill Dozens (432 Views)

Soldiers Clear Boko Haram Militants From Borno Town / Breaking : Boko Haram Invade BAMA / BREAKING: Boko Haram Captures Another Borno Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Invade Another Borno Town, Kill Dozens by james669: 10:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
No fewer than a dozen persons have been reported dead Saturday night when members of the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram invaded Shani, a Borno town 260 kilometers from Maiduguri the state capital in a fresh attack.

According to Thisday, some fleeing members of the town who spoke to journalists on phone said over 30 armed Boko Haram fighters on motorcycles stormed Shani in the southern part of the troubled state on Saturday night.
Shani is about 260 kilometres from Maiduguri, the Borno state capital and shares borders with some communities in equally troubled Adamawa state.

One of the fleeing residents, Elijah Ibrahim said: "The terrorists came at about 8pm and started shooting at everything in sight. The gunshots were deafening and kept approaching my house that I had to run into the bush with my grow up children."

He said: "I had to however leave my wife and my little children with her believing they would do them no harm, I slept in the bush with two grown ones and without going back into the town proceeded to Biu this morning."

Ibrahim claimed that the insurgents put fire on houses to force residents out and that it has been difficult getting his wife and children he left behind in Shani since Saturday night.

A military source in Biu confirmed the attack, adding that the insurgents burnt down a police station and other public buildings.

Source: e reporter.com.ng
Re: Boko Haram Invade Another Borno Town, Kill Dozens by holatin(m): 10:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
boko haram
your end is new
Re: Boko Haram Invade Another Borno Town, Kill Dozens by tit(f): 11:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
Are the hunters in hot pursuit?

(1) (Reply)

Kids Abducted By Housemaid Have Been Found / Tambuwal Should Write Us Application If He Needs Protection — Police / SEC And NNPC Top List Of Agencies Stealing Billions Of Federal Revenues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.