Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) (26473 Views)

Trailer Crushes Tricycle Passenger In Lagos (photo) / LAWMA Truck Crushes Four SUV Cars At 1004 Estate,VI,Lagos(pics) / Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by factorial1(m): 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by ellechrystal(f): 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
.chaiii may his soul RIP
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by nerodenero: 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
RIP to the child.

Thinking deeply and on a personal opinion, no one would want to return to this world the second time.This World get too many issues joo.

May God help the family to be able to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
Wow may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace IJN
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by nerodenero: 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by seedorff83(f): 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
Sad
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by delman88(m): 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
this is just so horrific.. cant just imagine the scene... may his soul RIP
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by ellechrystal(f): 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
nerodenero:
Busted!
Lmao..my brother . No b small booking o
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by tommykiwi(m): 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
R.I.P.....dis our truck drivers self.

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by MizTyna(f): 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
onosprince:
I was scrollin down gently because I didnt want to see d photo of him being crushed... RIP

Same for me,this is soo sad

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
onosprince:
I was scrollin down gently because I didnt want to see d photo of him being crushed... RIP
Same here. embarassed

May His Soul rest in peace. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by ireneony(f): 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
am crying over here.....rip .....if tears can bring this little boy back to life, i would be first to volunter .
no nairallander will experience untimely death by the power of GOd almight
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by adedayourt(m): 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
I wud never wish even my worst enemy dis kind...

We ll never fall into the hands of death this december in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by JustCurious: 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
This is so sad...SO unfortunate.

Sometimes I really want to ask what the government is doing to make schools easily accessible for common children? I wish every community has a school building to avoid children walking those loong distance...to school. Why are there no NEW public school buildings in Lagos with the increasing population?. Omg. This is so sad.
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by aitanofi(m): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
The incident became more scarier when my wife told me that the boy attended her technical class on that fateful day, but few hours after they had already being released from the school, the teachers received d traumatic news, what a sad end for the young and promising Toheeb!

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by PRINCEHPXP(m): 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
i feel like crying even witout reading d full story
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Orikinla(m): 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2014
[size=18pt]I blame the Federal Road Safety Commission or Authority.

The FRSC should produce and circulate Road Safety booklets to all schools in Nigeria.
And they should let schools teach road safety from nursery school level to tertiary level.

I see may illiterate drivers on the streets and highways and we should query the FRSC how these drivers who cannot read and write got their drivers license. Many truck drivers in Nigeria are uneducated and intellectually re-tarded and don't even know the speed limit for residential areas and commercial areas. Many drivers in Nigeria drive on streets in residential areas like they are driving on highways.
Lack of good education has done more collateral damages to Nigeria than even corruption.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Vikky014(f): 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2014
deife:
Oh, what a loss! RIP embarassed

PS: OP abeg when next you're reporting (I pray there won't be a recurrence) avoid been too overtly explicit with the details cos some people may not have the heart to process such details without feeling sick.
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by j4sure(m): 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
very touching. R I P
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Dansalau: 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
Ina lilahi waina ilehin Rojiuna.....i can see that the boy parents are true Muslim... see the way they accept with faith.... In Sha Allah,,, they shall not cry over the rest children.....Allahu Akbar...
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by harry509: 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
lalasticlala:
Tragedy struck on the Ireshe Road, Ikorodu area of Lagos State when a 10-year-old pupil of Anglican Primary School, Ikorodu, Toheeb Abdullahi, was crushed to death by a truck.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the victim’s skull was smashed by the rear tire of the truck carrying crates of Pepsi soft drinks.

An eyewitness, Suraju Sumonu, said the police had seized his motorcycle on the fateful Tuesday afternoon when he saw the incident.

He said, “The kids were coming back from school when the rough edge of the Pepsi truck hooked the boy’s shirt.

“There was traffic on the road, so the driver of the truck did not know what had happened. He drove forward without knowing the boy had fallen on the ground and his head close to the tyre.

“The truck broke the boy’s skull. It was such a gory sight that people had to quickly cover the dead body with cardboards.”

Our correspondent learnt that policemen attached to the Igbogbo division arrived at the scene and arrested the driver of the truck.

The truck was also taken into the station, which was not far from the scene of the incident.

When PUNCH Metro visited the residence of the boy’s parents on Gbadamoshi Street in the Itupate community, he met the victim’s parents with a group of sympathisers.

Toheeb’s mother, Taiwo, was observing her prayers when our correspondent entered the house.

She later explained that her son, who was in primary five, died due to the careless attitude of the school driver.

She said, “That day, he went to centre, where they usually teach them technical skills. The place is at Itaelewa.

“The usual thing was that the driver that the school employed would carry them from the centre back to the school, from where they would find their way back to their parents’ home.

“That day, there was no teacher with them in the bus. The driver then decided to drop them on the main road and asked them to trek into the school compound which was a few kilometres away.”

The victim’s father, Salami, while fighting back tears, said he had resolved with his wife not to seek redress in court.

He lamented that the firm, which owned the truck, had yet to pay them a condolence visit.

“My boy was a very intelligent boy, as well as a devoted muslim. He was my second child.

“I was at work on the Lagos Island when I received the news. When I visited the police station, I was told the truck driver was in the cell. But let them release him, we have taken this as our fate,” he added.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Toheeb was formerly attending a private school in the area, but his parents withdrew him two months ago and enrolled him in a public school.

It was learnt that the reason was to ease his admission into a government secondary school.

An official of the SevenUp Bottling Company Plc, bottler of Pepsi, who declined identification, denied the allegation that the company did not show any concern.

“The company was fully involved in the boy’s burial. They are Muslims and the boy had to be buried immediately. We foot the bill 100 per cent.

“About N100,000 was paid for the burial and we also paid them a visit yesterday (Saturday), barely a week after the incident happened. The truck, as I speak with you, is still in the custody of the police,” he said.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident.

He said, “I can confirm to you that one Toheeb Abdullahi, aged 10 years, was crushed to death by a truck. Investigations are already ongoing into the matter.”

Source: www.punchng.com/metro-plus/truck-crushes-10-year-old-pupil/
may his soul rest n peace Amen.
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Solowande(m): 2:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
POLICE AND DIA INVESTIGATION. WAT ARE THEY STILL INVESTIGATING?
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by chodosky: 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
Commentless, just sad.
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by whinnie(f): 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
May his soul rest in peace.wat a cruel world,this young lad just gone like dat

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by pius4luv(m): 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2014
i pray may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace Amen
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
What a horrible way to die.
May your gentle soul rest in peace sweetheart.
Deepest condolences to the parents. Just 10 years old cry

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
Some Sky Daddy was not on top of his game. sad angry
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Anyigor21(f): 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
May his soul RIPP
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by karferguso(m): 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
Inna lilahi wa ina lilahi rajihun
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
gush so sad Na my area d tin apen
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by leemah68(f): 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
embarassedParent shld always teach their kids hw 2 run away frm vehicles. U won't imagine some children goin 2 touch a vehichle reversing.Also drivers shld b concious expecially where kids are. May his soul Rest in peace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Different Ways Nigerian Ladies Get Their First Cars / See The New Limousine Keke Napep Spotted In Festac, Lagos / The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.