Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) (26464 Views)

Trailer Crushes Tricycle Passenger In Lagos (photo) / LAWMA Truck Crushes Four SUV Cars At 1004 Estate,VI,Lagos(pics) / Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by lalasticlala(m): 2:15am On Dec 01, 2014
Tragedy struck on the Ireshe Road, Ikorodu area of Lagos State when a 10-year-old pupil of Anglican Primary School, Ikorodu, Toheeb Abdullahi, was crushed to death by a truck.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the victim’s skull was smashed by the rear tire of the truck carrying crates of Pepsi soft drinks.

An eyewitness, Suraju Sumonu, said the police had seized his motorcycle on the fateful Tuesday afternoon when he saw the incident.

He said, “The kids were coming back from school when the rough edge of the Pepsi truck hooked the boy’s shirt.

“There was traffic on the road, so the driver of the truck did not know what had happened. He drove forward without knowing the boy had fallen on the ground and his head close to the tyre.

“The truck broke the boy’s skull. It was such a gory sight that people had to quickly cover the dead body with cardboards.”

Our correspondent learnt that policemen attached to the Igbogbo division arrived at the scene and arrested the driver of the truck.

The truck was also taken into the station, which was not far from the scene of the incident.

When PUNCH Metro visited the residence of the boy’s parents on Gbadamoshi Street in the Itupate community, he met the victim’s parents with a group of sympathisers.

Toheeb’s mother, Taiwo, was observing her prayers when our correspondent entered the house.

She later explained that her son, who was in primary five, died due to the careless attitude of the school driver.

She said, “That day, he went to centre, where they usually teach them technical skills. The place is at Itaelewa.

“The usual thing was that the driver that the school employed would carry them from the centre back to the school, from where they would find their way back to their parents’ home.

“That day, there was no teacher with them in the bus. The driver then decided to drop them on the main road and asked them to trek into the school compound which was a few kilometres away.”

The victim’s father, Salami, while fighting back tears, said he had resolved with his wife not to seek redress in court.

He lamented that the firm, which owned the truck, had yet to pay them a condolence visit.

“My boy was a very intelligent boy, as well as a devoted muslim. He was my second child.

“I was at work on the Lagos Island when I received the news. When I visited the police station, I was told the truck driver was in the cell. But let them release him, we have taken this as our fate,” he added.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Toheeb was formerly attending a private school in the area, but his parents withdrew him two months ago and enrolled him in a public school.

It was learnt that the reason was to ease his admission into a government secondary school.

An official of the SevenUp Bottling Company Plc, bottler of Pepsi, who declined identification, denied the allegation that the company did not show any concern.

“The company was fully involved in the boy’s burial. They are Muslims and the boy had to be buried immediately. We foot the bill 100 per cent.

“About N100,000 was paid for the burial and we also paid them a visit yesterday (Saturday), barely a week after the incident happened. The truck, as I speak with you, is still in the custody of the police,” he said.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident.

He said, “I can confirm to you that one Toheeb Abdullahi, aged 10 years, was crushed to death by a truck. Investigations are already ongoing into the matter.”

Source: www.punchng.com/metro-plus/truck-crushes-10-year-old-pupil/

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 2:24am On Dec 01, 2014
cry sad

that was a cruel death for that young child , may his soul rest in peace .

15 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by saaedlee: 2:31am On Dec 01, 2014
I read that something similar to this happend in Benue over the weekend; precisely on saturday. We ought to be carefull especially when we are behind the wheels, just be careful. May may the Kid's soul rest in the Bossom of our Lord!

3 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 01, 2014
Life scares me.any little mistake and its "termination"..

4 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 01, 2014
SuperMartins:
Life scares me.any little mistake and its "termination"..

You can say that again but really we don't need to be scare because ..,,.......

by the way why are you still awake?

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:05am On Dec 01, 2014
Elantracey:

You can say that again but really we don't need to be scare because ..,,.......

by the way why are you still awake?
I over ate last nyt and its having its toll on me..Lolzz.

Hows u,Ms? Cute pic u av got..
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:07am On Dec 01, 2014
SuperMartins:
I over ate last nyt and its having its toll on me..Lolzz.

Hows u,Ms? Cute pic u av got..

am good and I trust you're good too , thanks , please I don't want us to derail the thread .

4 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:08am On Dec 01, 2014
Elantracey:

am good and I trust you're good too , thanks , please I don't want us to derail the thread .
was abt to tell u same..stay good cey
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Mprex(f): 3:47am On Dec 01, 2014
Rip to the dead
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by nwaobitex: 5:28am On Dec 01, 2014
where d photo?..rip thou

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by easystudy101: 6:09am On Dec 01, 2014
true talk

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by MillionDollars: 6:49am On Dec 01, 2014
Eyah.. If i was seun right now, i woulda made u a supermod!!
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by horlabiyi(m): 7:48am On Dec 01, 2014
Oma ga oo
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Lilamartedi(f): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2014
Sad embarassed
R. I. P to him
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by deife(m): 9:07am On Dec 01, 2014
Oh, what a loss! RIP embarassed

PS: OP abeg when next you're reporting (I pray there won't be a recurrence) avoid been too overtly explicit with the details cos some people may not have the heart to process such details without feeling sick.

4 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by akinsadeez(m): 9:31am On Dec 01, 2014
Very sad story. Not a good thind to read on a Monday morning
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by repogirl(f): 9:31am On Dec 01, 2014
Lord help us, all these careless school bus drivers, that don't know their job isn't done until they have dropped the kids at their destination and certified they have been left in able hands.

that's how a four year old kid almost lost her life when the foolish bus driver decided to cross the express with five children at once because of traffic. If not for God, the little girl would have been gone.

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by dominique(f): 10:33am On Dec 01, 2014
If anybody should be arrested, it should be the extremely careless and negligent bus driver for droping the children along the way. RIP young lad sad

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by littlemistress: 11:07am On Dec 01, 2014
Touching! And to think the parents are unwilling to press charges against the culprits.. RIP little boy cry

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by onosprince(m): 11:10am On Dec 01, 2014
I was scrollin down gently because I didnt want to see d photo of him being crushed... RIP

4 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
The life of another "leader of tomorrow" extinguished...

Too bad.

RIP child
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by holyboss: 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
RIP to d dead..

Btw, check out mysignature..
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by IAMGEJ(m): 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
angry
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by salvatore007(m): 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
Oh Jeez!
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
waaaaaat??
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by mcmukoko12(m): 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
RIP
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by BrAkingNews: 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
humm...police again

BRIBERY: YORUBAS AND HAUSAS CLASH IN LEKKI LAGOS CAUSED BY POLICE – RESIDENTS

>>>http://www..com/yorubas-and-hausas-clash-in-lekki-lagos-caused-by-police-residents/
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by holatin(m): 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
haaa my body just dey feel somehow with this story.
make I'm parent take heart ooo
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
Eya, sad

It is really not anyone's fault but it could have been avoided.

Children should not ply roads like that.

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by 9jahubcom(m): 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
oh
Re: Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) by 9jahubcom(m): 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
salvatore007:
Oh Jeez!
yea

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The New Limousine Keke Napep Spotted In Festac, Lagos / 7 Different Ways Nigerian Ladies Get Their First Cars / The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.