Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade (1013 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Reasons Why Buhari, Wike Must Work Together – Falade / Uptill Now Iyabo Has Not Called Obasanjo Denying She Wrote A Letter / The Nigerian Disaster Called Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by nku5: 3:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
Saw this on FB. OBJ was devoured in this article.

THE FAILED ELDER CALLED OBASANJO:

QUESTIONS FOR PA OBASANJO;

“Baba, if I may ask, what better definition of impunity can one have than the gale of orchestrated impeachments (some carried out with less than ten legislators in hotel rooms) and serial violations of civil liberties orchestrated by you during your tenure as civilian President? You will recall that the National Assembly, because of your unrelenting and undemocratic actions embarked on a process of impeaching you. It took the intervention of my humble self and few of other compatriots to save you and keep our nascent democracy on course. For this, you personally thanked me in writing!

“Weren’t the Halliburton and Siemens scandals part of your legacies to the Nations corruption index? Are you aware that the National ID card project which resulted in the Siemens scandal has been successfully undertaken by the Jonathan administration without any form of under-hand dealings? Didn’t you refuse all pleas to sign the Freedom of Information Bill into law? Which of the poverty and human development indices recorded any improvement while you held sway as Nigerian President for eight years?

“Talking about infrastructure, one may want to ask why critical roads like the Benin-Ore road; Lagos-Ibadan Expressway; Kano-Maiduguri road; the East West Road and even your Otta-Abeokuta dual carriage were recklessly abandoned and could not be fixed in all your eight years as President despite having more oil money from the Petroleum Ministry over which you personally superintended as President and oil Minister. Why should a President double as the Petroleum Minister of a country?

“Why were you unable or perhaps unwilling to unbundle the PHCN and privatize the power sector for efficient management and output all of your eight years?

As typical of you baba, you made superficial attempt to improve power supply in the twilight of your administration when you committed Nigeria to spending a colossal sum of 16 billion dollars which was paid upfront to import gas turbines for the NIPP projects.

“You neither made plans whatsoever to evacuate the turbines from the ports, nor made provisions for the road infrastructural upgrade to transport them to the desired locations. No land was acquired for the installation of the imported turbines neither was a right of way for execution of the project acquired. Also, you made no effort to align the gas national gas pipeline network with the locations of the turbines.

The resultant effect of this shoddy approach to National development was an unmitigated disaster and a colossal loss of a whopping sum of nearly 16 billion dollars as many of these turbines rotted away at the ports until the intervention of the President Goodluck Jonathan administration.

“Prior to your emergence as President and considering your antecedents as a farmer, one would have expected that you would use your position to reduce Nigeria’s huge food import bills, boost food production and help reduce poverty in Nigeria. Alas, you government did absolutely nothing in this critical sector!

“Rather, you introduced policies that impoverished farmers and increased poverty, hunger and starvation among the populace.
“Baba, you are one of the African leaders that came up with the idea of the Great Green wall from the Atlantic to the Pacific coast. While your friend, President Wade did well in Senegal to drive the project, what did you do in Northern Nigeria to bring this vision to reality? Please go and see what the Jonathan administration is doing on the Great Green Wall project.

“Baba, with all your failures, self- righteousness, hypocrisy and other shenanigan, Nigeria has left you alone.

Please baba, leave Nigeria alone.

4 Likes

Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by Reptyle(m): 3:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
I sometimes wonder why people feel inclined to sit down and pen drivel like this.
Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by nku5: 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
Reptyle:
I sometimes wonder why people feel inclined to sit down and pen drivel like this.

You obviously didn't read it
Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by Reptyle(m): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
I did....and I still wonder why people feel inclined to pen drivel like that.
Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by Truckpusher(m): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
Reptyle:
Yes you did,but there is a difference between reading through an article and digesting the same article and your guess is as good as mine - You did read through but you didn't grasp what was written and the intentions of the writer.
Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by nku5: 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
Reptyle:

Leave matter. The writer is 110% correct about OBJ.

2 Likes

Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by thegoodone2(m): 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2014
why OBJ
Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by lecturerdabo(m): 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
nku5:
Saw this on FB. OBJ was devoured in this article.

THE FAILED ELDER CALLED OBASANJO:

QUESTIONS FOR PA OBASANJO;

“Baba, if I may ask, what better definition of impunity can one have than the gale of orchestrated impeachments (some carried out with less than ten legislators in hotel rooms) and serial violations of civil liberties orchestrated by you during your tenure as civilian President? You will recall that the National Assembly, because of your unrelenting and undemocratic actions embarked on a process of impeaching you. It took the intervention of my humble self and few of other compatriots to save you and keep our nascent democracy on course. For this, you personally thanked me in writing!

“Weren’t the Halliburton and Siemens scandals part of your legacies to the Nations corruption index? Are you aware that the National ID card project which resulted in the Siemens scandal has been successfully undertaken by the Jonathan administration without any form of under-hand dealings? Didn’t you refuse all pleas to sign the Freedom of Information Bill into law? Which of the poverty and human development indices recorded any improvement while you held sway as Nigerian President for eight years?

“Talking about infrastructure, one may want to ask why critical roads like the Benin-Ore road; Lagos-Ibadan Expressway; Kano-Maiduguri road; the East West Road and even your Otta-Abeokuta dual carriage were recklessly abandoned and could not be fixed in all your eight years as President despite having more oil money from the Petroleum Ministry over which you personally superintended as President and oil Minister. Why should a President double as the Petroleum Minister of a country?

“Why were you unable or perhaps unwilling to unbundle the PHCN and privatize the power sector for efficient management and output all of your eight years?

As typical of you baba, you made superficial attempt to improve power supply in the twilight of your administration when you committed Nigeria to spending a colossal sum of 16 billion dollars which was paid upfront to import gas turbines for the NIPP projects.

“You neither made plans whatsoever to evacuate the turbines from the ports, nor made provisions for the road infrastructural upgrade to transport them to the desired locations. No land was acquired for the installation of the imported turbines neither was a right of way for execution of the project acquired. Also, you made no effort to align the gas national gas pipeline network with the locations of the turbines.

The resultant effect of this shoddy approach to National development was an unmitigated disaster and a colossal loss of a whopping sum of nearly 16 billion dollars as many of these turbines rotted away at the ports until the intervention of the President Goodluck Jonathan administration.

“Prior to your emergence as President and considering your antecedents as a farmer, one would have expected that you would use your position to reduce Nigeria’s huge food import bills, boost food production and help reduce poverty in Nigeria. Alas, you government did absolutely nothing in this critical sector!

“Rather, you introduced policies that impoverished farmers and increased poverty, hunger and starvation among the populace.
“Baba, you are one of the African leaders that came up with the idea of the Great Green wall from the Atlantic to the Pacific coast. While your friend, President Wade did well in Senegal to drive the project, what did you do in Northern Nigeria to bring this vision to reality? Please go and see what the Jonathan administration is doing on the Great Green Wall project.

“Baba, with all your failures, self- righteousness, hypocrisy and other shenanigan, Nigeria has left you alone.

Please baba, leave Nigeria alone.

Tnx Bro!
Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
Here in Banana republic where I reside and ride keke limo, Obj means taboo or evil. I don't know what it means in Nigeria.
Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by juman(m): 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
The man is just like the people of his generation across the country.
Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
Reptyle:
The OP is being factual

2 Likes

Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by UkwuNnu(m): 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
Seriously, this guy just echoed my sentiments. What moral justification does Baba have to score GEJ administration when he was an utter failure?

This is someone APC is now looking up to as a father for advice, I wonder what would be of them if they take over power with an adviser like baba.

The old man should just retire in peace and leave us alone!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by UkwuNnu(m): 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
Reptyle:

I can see you just learnt a new phrase. keep practicing, who knows you might be perfect in no time grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by Reptyle(m): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2014
UkwuNnu:

I can see you just learnt a new phrase. keep practicing, who knows you might be perfect in no time grin grin

Oh look!!! He just made a joke!!! He even got a couple of fans to boot!!! Clap for yourself!!!

Dolt!!!

1 Like

Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by Goddex: 11:14am On Dec 02, 2014
[size=15pt]Hm![/size]
Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 02, 2014
Faceless writer....

Give us the link to your Falade page on FB...
Re: The Failed Elder Called Obasanjo - Abdul Falade by kasiem(m): 11:26am On Dec 02, 2014
instead of obj to concentrate on doing village poison he's trying to show us how senile he's gone

(1) (Reply)

BUHARI / DONALD DUKE Ticket Could Be The Magic Wand. / President Jonathan Receives Warning Letter / No Nigerian In His Right Senses Will Vote Jonathan Back To Power —buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.