Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC (1417 Views)

Bayelsa Election: APC Cars Spotted In The Streets Of Bayelsa(photos) / APC Exposes Gej's Mission In Lagos To Help PDP Rig The Elections / Even If PDP Shows Video Of Tinubu/Buhari Robbing CBN, It Won't Change Our Minds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
BY NWOBODO CHIDIEBERE

After my recent intro­spection on the inflam­matory comments from some APC leaders, especially Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, I was inspired to embark on a review of the many incendiary remarks of opposition politicians in the country. During the “Salvation rally” organised by the APC in Abuja, Governor Amaechi vowed that: “if the 2015 elec­tions are rigged, our party would not seek redress in court but would rather carry out civil disobedience, as well as form a parallel government.”

He also reiterated his position at a function organised in Abuja not long ago, where he accused President Jonathan of “supervis­ing a highly corrupt government.” He was quoted as saying:“What is the essence of going to court when the Federal Government doesn’t obey the law. That is why the APC has said we won’t go to the court any longer. If you rig us out, we would rig ourselves in; which means if you can rig us out in 2015, we will form our own government. We have met on that and we have agreed on that. We will install our government and there would be two govern­ments.”

The burning questions rag­ing in the minds of Nigerians are: who determines whether an election is rigged or not? Is APC really ready for 2015 elec­tions, or is it preparing for war? Is APC prophesying its failure at the polls ahead of time? This condemnable statement is clearly a further evidence of the current penchant for reckless statements in the country. It is pathetic and unimaginable that a man who was, himself, a beneficiary of ju­dicial process would disdain the very ladder that brought him to power.

When did politicians of the APC fold metamorphose into a Supreme Court Justice to pass judgment on the conduct of an election? Where did they derive powers to assume the responsi­bility of Nigerian Judiciary? The opposition party is indirectly telling Nigerians that it will insti­gate a crisis if it does not win the 2015 presidential election.

To show that Governor Amae­chi spoke the mind of the APC leaders, its National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, in his speech said: “If we do not see any discernible change of at­titude on the part of government, then we will move to the next stage on the list of actions that our party intends to take to stop the rot being perpetuated by the PDP-led Federal Government”.

The above statement substanti­ates the view that the APC may be a threat to the stability of the country, if it fails to unseat Presi­dent Jonathan in 2015 presiden­tial election. The APC’s National Chairman should as a matter of urgency elucidate more on what he means by “…the list of actions that our party intends to take…”

Taking into consideration the above statement vis-à-vis the statement issued by the APC’s spokesperson, Lai Mohammed: “Let us remind the Presidency, in case it has forgotten, that elec­tion fraud triggered a civil war in Algeria in the early 1990s, which led to the killing of over 1000 people in post-election ri­ots in Kenya in 2007/2008 and fired a near-revolution in Iran in 2009/2010”.

As a die-hard Nigerian whose patriotism cannot be dampened or extinguished by the politi­cal grandstanding of opposition politicians, I beg to ask, is this a precursor to the change the op­position party has been promis­ing Nigerians? Is there a relation­ship between the APC besieging of the Headquarters of Nigerian Police Force via its “Salvation rally”, with the recent fracas at the National and the insistence that Hon. Aminu Tambuwal of the APC extraction, should con­tinue presiding over a House dominated by the PDP, thereby violating the universal principle of democratic ideology, where majority rules, but the legiti­mate interests of the minority are cared for through the dictates of civil discourse and mutual fair­ness?

In the light of the foregoing, vis-à-vis the intent of section 68 (1) (g) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), I think Hon. Aminu Tambuwal has lost both the con­stitutional and moral rights to en­ter the Green Chamber; let alone preside over it as Speaker.

The APC’s insistence that Hon. Tambuwal remain the Speaker of the lower chamber against the constitution of the land is tanta­mount to anarchy.

The recent impeachment threat against President Jonathan by pro-APC lawmakers and the provocative statements emanat­ing from APC leaders attest to the veracity of this article that the APC may truncate Nigeria’s democracy. Nigerians should not fold their hands and watch this happen, because sovereignty be­longs to the people.

www.sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=93340

3 Likes

Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by ishaqnji: 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2014
Dear APC delegates,

We have few days to the APC presidential primaries where thousands of you from across the country are expected to meet at the Africa’s third most populous city Lagos and elect the party’s presidential candidate through modified direct primaries. There is no doubt that the APC is the only party that Nigerians and the rest of the world await its presidential primaries for a reason that every Nigeria’s political enthusiasts know.

This is the most important election of our lifetimes, is not just a cliché, but the truth. Indeed our country is in serious decline as our liberties are taken from us daily and our federal government continues to grow into what Hobbes called (in his book) a Leviathan. Many people are fed-up and want to get involved for the first time in politics. They want a fundamental change in government, they want a government for all, responsive and action government that will improve their standard of living and bring an end to insurgency in the country, provide jobs and stabilized the economy.

As the Presidential Preference Primaries of our great party APC approaches and the whole process of political party conventions near, those who are going through this process ought to know the responsibility that is shouldered on them. I also want to believe that you will all go there because you believe in the truth, integrity, fairness and equity, and that the unity, stability and development of this country are paramount. Therefore how you vote on that day will have a great effect on the likely realization of these national demands.

As it has been noted, all the aspirants have since embarked on a no-going-back journey, meaning they are all set for the gamble. No one is stepping down for anyone; everyone feels he has what it takes to be the next president of Nigeria. However, as you are pondering over your decision on whom to cast your vote for, you must take careful considerations of many factors. Being a war hero does not automatically equate to being the most suitable at all fronts of battles. As great as Michael Jordan was in basketball, he couldn’t transfer his athleticism to professional baseball. Therefore, Aspirants’ positions on key issues, acceptability strength, experience and resources are things that shouldn’t be compromised.

The aspirants are almost done with their campaign tour of which I believe most of them met you in person and you hear their various visions for Nigeria. I believe they may all be speaking one thing, but one thing we must NOT compromise is picking the most qualified among them. Even though the guidelines are yet to be publicized, I learnt that the party would adopt secret balloting system for the presidential primaries and it shall comprise of an Electoral College, comprising of all statutory delegates to the National Convention and three elected delegates, out of which one shall be a woman from each of the Local Government Areas of the federation.

It is exciting to see that the party offers a promising line-up of potential candidates to capture the Aso-villa in 2015. The question is, will the party, or you the delegates field the best candidate possible? One who champions leadership as a career, someone with goodwill among all stakeholders of the political parties, experienced and detribalized pan Africanist? Someone whose support base is so accepted across board that even the opposition’s stalwarts would be more comfortable with him in power. Will you the delegates, field in someone with the right resources to confront the status-quo? Someone fearless, blunt, able and capable with political structure across the six geopolitical zones of this country, Someone with wide array of contacts, structures and friends who are ready to swing into action for his victory? Or will you retreat to the losing proposition of nominating a demoralizing, yet tenured’ candidate?

On 11th of this month, you will all assemble to make a critical decision that would save this country and hasten its progress. Also, it’s an opportunity to provide real, visionary, focused and people-oriented leadership to this country. It is time for you delegates, responsible for delivering the best candidates possible, to deliver. You all need to look past individual benefits towards our nation’s benefits. Voters need a neutral and able face at the top of the ticket; we need someone who can lead with the heart of a champion and with the morals and principles that can electrify those within the party and the Nigerian masses. The overt and covert actions against our basic Constitutional rights by the Pied Piper of Poverty and globalism, currently residing in the Aso-rock villa, demand a response. We need a polar-opposite, principled, patriotic leader to deliver us. Only when trust and belief in a better tomorrow is restored, will employment and our economy have an opportunity to resurrect.

APC is the party which best represents what it means to be Nigerian; equality, freedom and prosperity. If our desire is to win the Valentine’s Day 2015 Presidential election, then I strongly suggest that we create an environment for free and fair Primary Election within the party. This is a time that we should close up our ranks to present a united front and not put APC at a crossroads hence preventing the oppositions from galvanizing support at our expense.

I am aware that it is going to take a miracle to overcome the purposeful destruction of our country. However, we must be optimists, we must stand firm and focus, we must not despair. This is a time we must get it right or never. We need the political equivalent of ‘Navy Seal 6’ to save us from ourselves. So please, as you vote. Do it with conscious.

To the rest of Nigerians that clamors for change. Go get your PVC ready, for those that doesn’t have it, participate in the CRV to have one. Also, know your state delegates and hold them accountable to you and our nation for whomever they nominate as the 2015 APC Presidential nominee. May God continue to shed His grace on us and our blessed nation!

Is’haQue Adamu Njidda - FB
Desperate for change.

2 Likes

Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by holatin(m): 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
yes !
everybody has a beast in them, it take some amount of anger and discomfort to bring it out.
if pdp rig the election, I will bring out the werewolf and vampire in me.
vote for chsnge
Vote for buhari
Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2014
holatin:
yes !
everybody has a beast in them, it take some amount of anger and discomfort to bring it out.
if pdp rig the election, I will bring out the werewolf and vampire in me.
vote for chsnge
Vote for buhari
i guess you are a core member of the above mentioned party. its in you
Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by lilmax(m): 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2014
Thugs party grin grin

1 Like

Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by pweetixandy: 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
I have seen d thug in apc and pdp..sharap everybody!
Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by viczing(m): 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2014
lilmax:
Thugs party grin grin

We already know they are thugs and we out here to tame them

Gej till 2019

2 Likes

Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by gebest: 5:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
Now i can see dat truly pdp want to rig d elections, d question i keep asking is so pdp can not win election without RIGGING.
Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by major466(m): 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
The word Progressive is gradually losing its value in Nigeria no thanks to APC. When ever I hear 'progressive', I see Touts and Thugs.

1 Like

Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by Descartes: 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2014
APC is an Egyptian version of Muslim Brotherhood Party

They should be imbibe civility in all their actions and such will gain them masses support than doing it in PDP way which have been known for thuggery since '99 angry

1 Like

Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by Toktee(m): 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2014
menabadoo:
yes,he is and iam too,better go hang yourself,we are nt going to give pdp an inch to rig election again,if security agencies try rubbish,revolution will start on election day.
Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by holatin(m): 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
menabadoo:
you said core ??
I laugh for your misunderstand, if labour party bring someone better than buhari. you think I wount advocate for the person.
am not a party freak like you.
am only for change and anyone that. can offer it
Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by LFJ: 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
If you are planning to rig, you shd be equally preparing your will. If you like cry river, it is fire for fire. The message is simple, no rigging.
Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by udemzyudex(m): 9:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
holatin:

you said core ??
I laugh for your misunderstand, if labour party bring someone better than buhari. you think I wount advocate for the person.
am not a party freak like you.
am only for change and anyone that. can offer it
Smh.... Labour party? You this paid APC online tug..

Look at who is calling someone party freak.. Pot calling kettle black...
Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by holatin(m): 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
udemzyudex:

Smh.... Labour party? You this paid APC online tug..

Look at who is calling someone party freak.. Pot calling kettle black...
check all my post then you gonna see we are different.
last word to u
ow much is pdp paying, for you to jeopardize your future
Re: you will see the thug in us if PDP rig 2015 election-APC by udemzyudex(m): 9:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
holatin:

check all my post then you gonna see we are different.
last word to u
ow much is pdp paying, for you to jeopardize your future
I should be the one asking you that question.... How much is APC paying you,cos u're always acting like the party is ur private property..

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 / Buhari Planning The Imeachment Of His VP From Day One. / He Was Attacked For Supporting Buhari (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.