Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Apology To Schools Management, A Disgrace To Student's Unionism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apology To Schools Management, A Disgrace To Student's Unionism (843 Views)

Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) / DAAR Communications Letter Of Apology To Tinubu (Full Text) / Handwritten Statement By Nnamdi Kanu Containing Apology To PMB- Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apology To Schools Management, A Disgrace To Student's Unionism by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
After a protest by the UJ students over the rumour in fees hike by the VC, the Student Union made a U-turn to apologise to the management as they had no tangible evidence about the purported hike in fees.

Although the VC had not removed the possibility of increase stating that some schools, though federal owned, pay far higher amount compared to the current charge by the school.

The VC had earlier anounced the shut down of the school till further notice, evicting the students from their hostels using maximum force, the student union had made a U-turn to appeal to the management to reverse the action to allow them complete their exam which was suspended as a result of the protest.

Many are of the view that the action of the student union has given the schools management upper hand to control the outcome of the protest. They emphasized that they had given the management too much space to act hence the escalated situation.
Re: Apology To Schools Management, A Disgrace To Student's Unionism by watered(m): 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
Source pls or adonblivIt! I will call Abel to confirm.
Re: Apology To Schools Management, A Disgrace To Student's Unionism by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
watered:
Source pls or adonblivIt! I will call Abel to confirm.
Ok.
Re: Apology To Schools Management, A Disgrace To Student's Unionism by watered(m): 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
Abel's number isn't reachable. Do you have any alternate number I can reach him with?
victorels:

Ok.
Re: Apology To Schools Management, A Disgrace To Student's Unionism by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
watered:
Abel's number isn't reachable. Do you have any alternate number I can reach him with?

I don't know who is Abel and I don't know the SUG excos.
This is just a discussion I heard and I think it is a wrong move.
Re: Apology To Schools Management, A Disgrace To Student's Unionism by jbaby265(f): 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
trash
Re: Apology To Schools Management, A Disgrace To Student's Unionism by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
jbaby265:
trash
Habba hajiya.
My time, data and phone you are calling trash.
Watch your tongue.
Re: Apology To Schools Management, A Disgrace To Student's Unionism by watered(m): 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
Ok av heard you. But if he does its in your best interest at least you guys can move on. See what you guys were doing dat day.
victorels:

I don't know who is Abel and I don't know the SUG excos.
This is just a discussion I heard and I think it is a wrong move.

Re: Apology To Schools Management, A Disgrace To Student's Unionism by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sorry I am not an undergraduate either. But I hope my two Brothers that just got admission will benefit from it.
Re: Apology To Schools Management, A Disgrace To Student's Unionism by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
victorels:
After a protest by the UJ students over the rumour in fees hike by the VC, the Student Union made a U-turn to apologise to the management as they had no tangible evidence about the purported hike in fees.

Although the VC had not removed the possibility of increase stating that some schools, though federal owned, pay far higher amount compared to the current charge by the school.

The VC had earlier anounced the shut down of the school till further notice, evicting the students from their hostels using maximum force, the student union had made a U-turn to appeal to the management to reverse the action to allow them complete their exam which was suspended as a result of the protest.

Many are of the view that the action of the student union has given the schools management upper hand to control the outcome of the protest. They emphasized that they had given the management too much space to act hence the escalated situation.

still investigating
Re: Apology To Schools Management, A Disgrace To Student's Unionism by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 08, 2014
slickblaze:

still investigating
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Four APC Presidential Aspirants Want Convention Shifted To Abuja / FG Behind Boko Haram – Sect Leader / Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan This Time Because...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.