Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,238 members, 7,953,893 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:28 AM

Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey (4366 Views)

Toyota Sienna Vs Honda Odyssey (PHOTO) / Why Does My Honda Accord 2005 Model Rev Itself Any Time I Start It. / Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey And Nissan Quest. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey by justcallbuki(f): 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2015
fanex:
please scan the car with a top grade scanner. do not listen to these road side mechanic who will tell you to remove the g ear and re-install it (looking for a big job). do not touch the gear until you are sure of what is wrong with it.

honda was not build with a country like Nigeria in mind. these cars are very sensitive and more prone to fault. unless you're able to buy a brand new Honda and sell it of it on its fourth year anniversary. The car will develop very annoying faults the shocks are body panel will rattle.. bottom line stay away from tokunbo or a naija used hondas.
u don't knw what u r talking abt.
Re: Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey by justcallbuki(f): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2015
jchibueze:
Hey, I had the same problem with same model of car, the problem was the transmission oil. What transmission fluid do you use? you have to drain it and flush 3 times as recommended by Honda, also use the honda ATF-DW1, it is available in the market. Don't use Dextron III, it's only for temporary use. The reason a lot of people have transmission failure problems is because they use the wrong fluid. Every car has its recommended trans-fluid. Even most mechanics don't know about this, it's so funny that a lot of them are the cause of most transmission failures. Imagine a mechanic working on a honda transmission and beside him is an ABRO transmission fluid. He has just damaged that transmission even before starting the engine. Always use your car manuals. I now do most of the fixing myself with the help of auto videos on youtube. I still advise you scan it. You can call me on 08034196697 for more info.
U were right to an extend but this is nt abt d oil used.Those seals r faulty n needed to b change.Use DW 1 oil,the spillage will still occur
Re: Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
OP I have a feeling you have too much transmission oil in your gear box, possibly y no one can find the leak. Please check level, And if over, drain until its at the right level.
I initially felt that was the case, but the oil spillin smell as though its burnt, so I feel the oil can't contain the heat the gearbox emit during movement especially when it has worked for sometime
Re: Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
duke1:
for problems like that dealers wit the gear sensor so that wen it becomes too hot it starts to give out wrong signals therefore i will advise that u get ur gear scanned to knw exactly which one is bad cos it cld be the valve body,bad gear oil that has block the free flog plus its not a serious issue but can b wen u dnt attend to it and finally take it to a gear speciallist
thanks
Re: Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 02, 2015
justcallbuki:
scan d car cos of oil spillage?these DIY pple won't kill us with laughter ooooo.

I think the scan is necessary too
Re: Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
justcallbuki:
U were right to an extend but this is nt abt d oil used.Those seals r faulty n needed to b change.Use DW 1 oil,the spillage will still occur
u argue as though u are technically inclined and I'd love to know what u think the solution is. Me think the problem is the ATF used cos it only started misbehavin when the gear oil was changed to dextron III.
Re: Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey by justcallbuki(f): 11:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
lrguru:
u argue as though u are technically inclined and I'd love to know what u think the solution is. Me think the problem is the ATF used cos it only started misbehavin when the gear oil was changed to dextron III.
There r seals attached to d shifts connected to d gear box.if the deals r deformed,ATF oil escape from d seals.what could av happened when dextron 3 is used is due to it's viscocity.might b lighter when hot n d rate at which d oil keeps spilling is high.
Re: Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey by justcallbuki(f): 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
lrguru:

I think the scan is necessary too
what do u want d scanning 4?Scanning is only used to diagonise an electrical faults xcept d D light is blinking.
Re: Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
justcallbuki:
There r seals attached to d shifts connected to d gear box.if the deals r deformed,ATF oil escape from d seals.what could av happened when dextron 3 is used is due to it's viscocity.might b lighter when hot n d rate at which d oil keeps spilling is high.
madam, I think the latter is the case, even though the first mechanic said a seal was bad, but another said it wasn't, that it was over-guaged and excess oil was spillin out through the breather.
Re: Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey by disloman(m): 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
lrguru:
madam, I think the latter is the case, even though the first mechanic said a seal was bad, but another said it wasn't, that it was over-guaged and excess oil was spillin out through the breather.
lolzzzzzzzz,breather?pls my guy,look 4 a good mech.they r many out there.
Re: Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 06, 2015
disloman:
lolzzzzzzzz,breather?pls my guy,look 4 a good mech.they r many out there.
lol, breather, as in where the excess oil that overflow comes out from

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honda Accord 2007 (Manual Transmission Drive) Engine Oil Shortage / Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.