Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,731 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:42 AM

Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. (18396 Views)

W.H.O Has Officially Declared Nigeria Ebola Free / How The World Media Is Celebrating Nigeria's Ebola Victory Pictures And Video / Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:29am On Dec 02, 2014
Very good development.
She deserves a major ward or clinic to be renamed after her too.
Continue to RIP Doctor.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:37am On Dec 02, 2014
Good for her family.
We now know how to celebrate our hero.

Check my articles on how to invest in
agriculture and make good money and you
will be glad you did.The future (Agriculture)
is here.
Invest in.agribusiness.....Change your levels
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by PastorAji(m): 11:43am On Dec 02, 2014
Reyginus:
Nice. What about the other health workers who curbed the menace with her? Did she do it all by herself? Are we not being insentitive by raising her effort above that of all others who suffered similar fate?

U NO SEE D NAME OF THE ASIBITI DIA
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 02, 2014
PastorAji:

U NO SEE D NAME OF THE ASIBITI DIA
I don't get.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Amhappy(f): 12:34pm On Dec 02, 2014
Well deserved. Thank you SEC
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Ladycloud(f): 2:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by deennest: 2:48pm On Dec 02, 2014
hazyfm:
congrats

[size=48pt]ALWAYS ON OUR MIND[/size]

Say the truth o,

when last did you think of the woman apart from today...
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Harmvirus(f): 2:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
Well deserved
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by greatnow: 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
CONGRATS to her.....My prayer is that I will receive my own award when I am alive and not when I have died....click like if this is also your prayer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by walade(m): 4:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
Word of Advice
"It is important for us to come away from the territory of inadequate sense of what is right. In this county, where doctors have problems with employers, they withdraw their service so that patients will die.” - Dr Christopher Kolade.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Tobilastik(m): 5:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
heatmeup:
b careful oooo else you will lose this land grin grin grin grin grin grin

lol....u wan collect m 4rm me?
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by EagleNest(m): 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
Nice one!
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Tobilastik(m): 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
heatmeup:
b careful oooo else you will lose this land grin grin grin grin grin grin

hahaha....can u believe ve lost it... it seems mods deleted it
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by nikky5(m): 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
I expect to see more of such gesture in the nearest future.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by oliidell(m): 7:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
GenBuhari:
[b]Ebola is a hoax - the intention is to terrorise our population into panicking and taking deadly vaccines which America world profit massively by selling to our govt and which would be then used to depopulate us. Those that do not die from the vaccine would become infertile and unable to conceive children.
You have been warned; Take this Ebola vaccine that is surely coming your way soon, at your own peril.
This doctor, (or rather the actor pretending to be this doctor) I can guarantee you she is not dead. In fact her name is a fake name and would not match the name of the Woman whose photo they are telling us is her.
There is no such person as Dr Adadevoh. The lady photographed is a paid actor?
Why don't someone prove me wrong and show me a facebook or twitter presence or even a mere web presence for this so called senior doctor that supposedly headed a department in a large Lagos hospital.
Shut me up by good by showing me a mere web presence for her prior to the Ebola crisis.
Why would Nigeria participate in a hoax against its own people? Because through blackmail using IMF and World Bank loans and our corruptible leadership, Nigeria has virtually surrender its sovereignty to America who can dictate to Nigeria any policy it wants it to implement; Including the deception and terrorism of its own citizens.
The youtube video below using the words of a former CIA agent who wrote the book:" The Economic Hitman" would clarify my point for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCdOkf4NxQ&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK9WjHW14Wmbe6K7F7pL7Y4V
[/b]

You can as well say AIDS is a hoax that stands for American Ideology to Discourage Sex and that it was created to boost condom sales, reduce Nigeria's population and sell ARVs.

For ur information, First Consultant Medical Centre exists and the woman u r calling a paid actor was the resident consultant who treated Patrick sawyer.

Drs. Ben Ohiaeri and Ada Igonoh as well as the late Ameyo Adadevoh are heros for standing their grounds and refusing to release the man even when the Liberian Ambassador to Nigeria threatened to stir up diplomatic rows btw the two countries. Yea she lost her life but she saved lots of lives by that singular act.

I wish the amount was more than that. She deserves every award she gets.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
AIDS is a hoax absolutely.

Patrick Sawyer was also an actor.
Drs. Ben Ohiaeri and Ada Igonoh also paid actors.

Find any web presence for any of the doctors or Patrick Sawyer prior to the Ebola "outbreak"

oliidell:

You can as well say AIDS is a hoax that stands for American Ideology to Discourage Sex and that it was created to boost condom sales, reduce Nigeria's population and sell ARVs.

For ur information, First Consultant Medical Centre exists and the woman u r calling a paid actor was the resident consultant who treated Patrick sawyer.

Drs. Ben Ohiaeri and Ada Igonoh as well as the late Ameyo Adadevoh are heros for standing their grounds and refusing to release the man even when the Liberian Ambassador to Nigeria threatened to stir up diplomatic rows btw the two countries. Yea she lost her life but she saved lots of lives by that singular act.

I wish the amount was more than that. She deserves every award she gets.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by heatmeup(f): 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
Tobilastik:

hahaha....can u believe ve lost it... it seems mods deleted it
hehehehehe i warned you, omonile dey watch you
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by oliidell(m): 7:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
Kay17:
I don't see the point of awarding an Ebola victim such as Dr Adadevoh a hero status. It might be an award given out of guilt by Nigerians for having such a shitty healthcare system. The truth is, she is just one of the many victims of ebola and she is no hero. There is no thread of heroism in dying from a debilitating disease such as Ebola.

The true heroes are those who left the comfort of their homes, and made it possible for an anti Ebola medical response. Those who had to gear up everyday with the hazmats, attend to the victims at the risk of their own lives when the entire country felt it was a taboo. Those who had to track down the possible contacts about the country. Those who provided the funds to combat the disease. Those who worked tirelessly to find an immediate cure. There were those behind the mass media campaign to educate the masses of the dangers of ebola. These are the real heroes.

Probably because Dr Adadevoh was the only casualty amongst the elite, hence she was celebrated and mismasked as a hero.

Kay17 go back and read the whole story. She and her team provided the first line of response by quarantining the 'patient zero'. Patrick had diplomatic status and was not wearing a tag to show that he was infected. He could have been treated for fever and discharged but Dr. Ameyo recommended an Ebola test and instructed her crew to detain him till the results were out. Which they successfully did inspite of local and international pressure to release him for the ECOWAS function.

Now, losing her life does not make her a hero, but preventing the spread of the virus and alerting the authorities who set up the medical response you mentioned makes her one.

We shouldn't always put everything down to influence. It's no fault of hers that she is a person of means.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by oliidell(m): 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
GenBuhari:
AIDS is a hoax absolutely.

Patrick Sawyer was also an actor.
Drs. Ben Ohiaeri and Ada Igonoh also paid actors.

Find any web presence for any of the doctors or Patrick Sawyer prior to the Ebola "outbreak"

Aids is a hoax 4 real!
No point joining issues with u then.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
yes 4 real!

It is treatment that kills people.
oliidell:

Aids is a hoax 4 real!
No point joining issues with u then.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Tobilastik(m): 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
heatmeup:
hehehehehe i warned you, omonile dey watch you

hahaha ...I qaz meet seun ooo, dz z unfair
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Kay17: 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
oliidell:

Kay17 go back and read the whole story. She and her team provided the first line of response by quarantining the 'patient zero'. Patrick had diplomatic status and was not wearing a tag to show that he was infected. He could have been treated for fever and discharged but Dr. Ameyo recommended an Ebola test and instructed her crew to detain him till the results were out. Which they successfully did inspite of local and international pressure to release him for the ECOWAS function.

Now, losing her life does not make her a hero, but preventing the spread of the virus and alerting the authorities who set up the medical response you mentioned makes her one.

We shouldn't always put everything down to influence. It's no fault of hers that she is a person of means.

Don't be ridiculous, who releases patients with bleeding insides on the streets?! It would have been sheer stupidity to release Mr Sawyer on the streets. There was nothing heroic about "quarantining patient zero". They made matters worse by failing to take the proper precautions to protect themselves. About 7 people got infected in the hospital and were potentials for an escalation.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by oliidell(m): 2:10am On Dec 03, 2014
Kay17:

Don't be ridiculous, who releases patients with bleeding insides on the streets?! It would have been sheer stupidity to release Mr Sawyer on the streets. There was nothing heroic about "quarantining patient zero". They made matters worse by failing to take the proper precautions to protect themselves. About 7 people got infected in the hospital and were potentials for an escalation.
You got only urself to deal with.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by hazyfm: 7:29am On Dec 03, 2014
deennest:

Say the truth o,

when last did you think of the woman apart from today...

**ignored**
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by saltoftheearth: 11:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
Watch what happens when this officer discovered Ebola was in the vicinity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgem9TfwnSA

https://www.nairaland.com/1922140/ebola-papers

Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by VULCAN(m): 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
Kay17:

A rather illogical argument you have been attempting to make in all your posts on the subject matter.

The First or Primary cause why Ebola did not ravage us all including yourself if you are in Nigeria is because of Adadevoh's proactive steps.
People here have tried to tell you what she did but since that doesn't mean anything to you I wont waste time repeating it.

What is clear to any unbiased mind is that everyone that came later to battle Ebola did so with the full knowledge of what they were facing and adequate protection and in some cases above normal remuneration.

Adadevoh had none of the above.

As soon as she got the test results she must have known that she was holding her death sentence.

Yet she resisted Sawyer's insistence that he leave, (he walked in and wanted to walk out in his weakened state) resisted his embassy breathing down her neck requesting same and if what i was told was correct she also resisted requests for same from higher diplomatic levels. She alerted Nigerian authorities herself and got the word out.

Doing this while knowing you were infected and most likely terminal is what she is being awarded for.

Such selflessness is relatively unknown in our shores and is worthy of commendation. After all the PH based doctor that treated Sawyer's colleague privately in a hotel for dollars also died. Perhaps you feel he is more deserving of posthumous honour that Adadevoh.

Saying the nurses that died should be awarded too is a rather infantile conjecture.

Tantamount to saying every soldier killed in battle should be given posthumous honours. It doesnt work that way and you know it.

Posthumous military honours are given to soldiers who die due to decisions they made that required Courage far above the ordinary. Either they choose to attempt to rescue a fellow soldier/s from a territory overrun by the enemy or they died for deciding to 'wait behind' to engage the enemy so others could escape (scenes we are all too familiar with from Hollywood movies) etc.

The nurses deaths though sad and unfortunate falls under occupational hazard. None of them knew that the man before them was carrying a deadly virus. He looked like a seriously ill malaria patient.

Saying they 'failed to take proper precautions' shows that you are so far from reality that you shouldnt comment on this matter again.

Regardless of your personal feelings...

....Dr. Adadevoh deserves National Honours
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Kay17: 11:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
VULCAN:

A rather illogical argument you have been attempting to make in all your posts on the subject matter.

The First or Primary cause why Ebola did not ravage us all including yourself if you are in Nigeria is because of Adadevoh's proactive steps.
People here have tried to tell you what she did but since that doesn't mean anything to you I wont waste time repeating it.

What is clear to any unbiased mind is that everyone that came later to battle Ebola did so with the full knowledge of what they were facing and adequate protection and in some cases above normal remuneration.

Adadevoh had none of the above.

As soon as she got the test results she must have known that she was holding her death sentence.

Yet she resisted Sawyer's insistence that he leave, (he walked in and wanted to walk out in his weakened state) resisted his embassy breathing down her neck requesting same and if what i was told was correct she also resisted requests for same from higher diplomatic levels. She alerted Nigerian authorities herself and got the word out.

Doing this while knowing you were infected and most likely terminal is what she is being awarded for.

Such selflessness is relatively unknown in our shores and is worthy of commendation. After all the PH based doctor that treated Sawyer's colleague privately in a hotel for dollars also died. Perhaps you feel he is more deserving of posthumous honour that Adadevoh.

Saying the nurses that died should be awarded too is a rather infantile conjecture.

Tantamount to saying every soldier killed in battle should be given posthumous honours. It doesnt work that way and you know it.

Posthumous military honours are given to soldiers who die due to decisions they made that required Courage far above the ordinary. Either they choose to attempt to rescue a fellow soldier/s from a territory overrun by the enemy or they died for deciding to 'wait behind' to engage the enemy so others could escape (scenes we are all too familiar with from Hollywood movies) etc.

The nurses deaths though sad and unfortunate falls under occupational hazard. None of them knew that the man before them was carrying a deadly virus. He looked like a seriously ill malaria patient.

Saying they 'failed to take proper precautions' shows that you are so far from reality that you shouldnt comment on this matter again.

Regardless of your personal feelings...

....Dr. Adadevoh deserves National Honours

Sawyer was visibly ill, any request made by him for a discharge was reasonably disregarded. Worse off, he had Ebola. There was no alternate option for Mrs other than detain Sawyer. It is that simple and there was nothing heroic. In fact the hospital became a risk.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
Patrick Sawyer is not a real person. Ebola is a hoax.

There is no facebook twitter or web presence for him prior to 2013
Kay17:

Sawyer was visibly ill, any request made by him for a discharge was reasonably disregarded. Worse off, he had Ebola. There was no alternate option for Mrs other than detain Sawyer. It is that simple and there was nothing heroic. In fact the hospital became a risk.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Kay17: 11:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
GenBuhari:
Patrick Sawyer is not a real person. Ebola is a hoax.

There is no facebook twitter or web presence for him prior to 2013

That is hard for you to prove. First you cannot identify who Patrick Sawyer ought to be, and worse, you cannot deny an individual who you cannot identify.

I suggest you express your doubts in probabilities.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 05, 2014
I have proved that he does not exist. Because there is no web presence for him prior to 2013. Those that doubt me should present me with some evidence of his web presence prior to 2013
Kay17:

That is hard for you to prove. First you cannot identify who Patrick Sawyer ought to be, and worse, you cannot deny an individual who you cannot identify.

I suggest you express your doubts in probabilities.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Kay17: 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2014
GenBuhari:
I have proved that he does not exist. Because there is no web presence for him prior to 2013. Those that doubt me should present me with some evidence of his web presence prior to 2013

Now you sound stupid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebola Spread: What Nigerians Should Do / Faeces Take Over Premises Of Lagos General Hospital / Men Have You Ever Been In The Labour Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.