Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

I Need A Clarification On This Issue Please - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need A Clarification On This Issue Please (742 Views)

Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? / Need Clarification On Married Folks Being Intimate While Fasting / Clarification On LUKE 16VS 1-10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Clarification On This Issue Please by eghuan1(m): 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
I have a problem with a biblical theme and I need conceptual clarification on this.
in the bible and we are told that God made man in his own image, then later on we are told that Jesus took the image of man to come to earth.
my question then is was it that Jesus was not in the image of God whose image man was made that He (Jesus) had to take man's image to come to earth.

NB: I may be wrong in my understanding so Please educate me with biblical evidence as am not a bible student.
Re: I Need A Clarification On This Issue Please by osmond1995: 5:08am On Dec 03, 2014
Jesus was like his father when he was in heaven, taking the image of man means he became mortal as human or he came in human flesh
Re: I Need A Clarification On This Issue Please by eghuan1(m): 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
thank you, what i really needed was bible verse that will illuminate my mind.
Re: I Need A Clarification On This Issue Please by tpiah2: 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2014
Google dear.

Are some of you trying to change your appearance?
Re: I Need A Clarification On This Issue Please by plaetton: 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
osmond1995:
Jesus was like his father when he was in heaven, taking the image of man means he became mortal as human or he came in human flesh
Doesn't answer the question.
If god created man in his image, it means that man is like god in image.
Since man is flesh, with two hands, two legs, eyes, ears, etc, flesh, bones, blood, DNA, etc, then god should be expected to be same.
Re: I Need A Clarification On This Issue Please by Image123(m): 1:10pm On Dec 04, 2014
eghuan1:
I have a problem with a biblical theme and I need conceptual clarification on this.
in the bible and we are told that God made man in his own image, then later on we are told that Jesus took the image of man to come to earth.
my question then is was it that Jesus was not in the image of God whose image man was made that He (Jesus) had to take man's image to come to earth.

NB: I may be wrong in my understanding so Please educate me with biblical evidence as am not a bible student.

Why are you not a Bible student? i understand if you are not a Bible expert or scholar, but man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY Word of God. Be a Bible student.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

i want to believe these two passages convey what you are asking about. God created man in His image and likeness. What that means is that unlike other creation like the planets, the plants and the animals, man was created like God, as a tripartite being i.e three in One(Spirit, Soul and Body). In the image of God, man was like no other creature given the Breath of Life which makes man eternal in a sense.
Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
That is why unlike other creatures, we have an eternity, either eternal Life or eternal Death. In God's image and as the crown of His "6-day creation work", we have the wisdom, intellect and dominion like no other creation of the work and are made to rule or reign or be gods of our domain(the earth). But you've heard the story of what happened i'm sure. Man sinned and fell, losing a lot of his god-status and image. We became spoilt, depraved, and out of course. We were now UNgodly and weak and condemned. So Jesus came in the form of a servant, as a man. God is not a man, but Jesus became a man. He wasn't us, He BECAME us.
Heb 7:26 For such a high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
Hope that is clear.

(1) (Reply)

Good Morning Enugu With Don Moen | 7th December, 2014 / Healed Of Kidney Disease And Enlarged Scrotum! Great Testimonies At Shiloh / To Hell With God's Mercies!!!- Imoh David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.