Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,583 members, 7,955,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

Why Is It That Some People Don't Know How To Invest Their Money? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is It That Some People Don't Know How To Invest Their Money? (803 Views)

15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / How Do Banks Make Their Money? / How To Convince The Dragons To Invest Their Money Into Your Business Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That Some People Don't Know How To Invest Their Money? by OCTAVO: 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2014
I keep seeing a very disturbing trend mostly here on Nairaland. You'll see people creating threads and asking how they can invest their money, in some cases, 100k, 200k, 500k, 1million naira e.t.c.
I mean how on earth will one have such amount of money (especially 1million and above) and won't know what to do with it. This trend is on the increase on Nairaland and one would wonder how they came across such amount of money in the first place. There are so many imbalances in this world! Some have the idea, but lack capital. Some have the capital but can't engage themselves in a productive thought.
One thing I've noticed here is that there are very few real business people here. What you find here is Sport betting, Forex, Baba Ijebu, Binary, Bitcoin, ebook sellers. Fact is that most Nigerian youths focus on online business where their success rate is very minimal. How on earth will someone consider sport betting as a business? It's on Nairaland that you'll see such. smiley
My advice for those with reasonable capital is that you should shift your focus a little bit away from here if you really need real business. The real business people are very few (or nonexistent) on this platform.
Re: Why Is It That Some People Don't Know How To Invest Their Money? by warrenweste(m): 12:03am On Dec 03, 2014
OCTAVO:
I keep seeing a very disturbing trend mostly here on Nairaland. You'll see people creating threads and asking how they can invest their money, in some cases, 100k, 200k, 500k, 1million naira e.t.c.
I mean how on earth will one have such amount of money (especially 1million and above) and won't know what to do with it. This trend is on the increase on Nairaland and one would wonder how they came across such amount of money in the first place. There are so many imbalances in this world! Some have the idea, but lack capital. Some have the capital but can't engage themselves in a productive thought.
One thing I've noticed here is that there are very few real business people here. What you find here is Sport betting, Forex, Baba Ijebu, Binary, Bitcoin, ebook sellers. Fact is that most Nigerian youths focus on online business where their success rate is very minimal. How on earth will someone consider sport betting as a business? It's on Nairaland that you'll see such. smiley
My advice for those with reasonable capital is that you should shift your focus a little bit away from here if you really need real business. The real business people are very few (or nonexistent) on this platform.

Have been seeing alot of those threads to i just think the people are confused and dont wanna take the wrong step,you know when there is too much competition at times it might make some sort of business slow,i knw a friend that makes steady 80k or on sport betting monthly...you knw that's his passion,i have a lil cousin that also makes btw 25-45 on baba ijebu and sport betting as well,and so on,raising money independently aint easy these days and people re confused nt to blow it on dummy business that's why they come here to try to rub mind and inquire from people on the trending business... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Some People Don't Know How To Invest Their Money? by Emmyk(m): 1:04am On Dec 03, 2014
Some create the threads with the ulterior motive of showing off. ..

(1) (Reply)

Don't Be Idle In 2015(2) / Oil Price Crash: Mass Sacking Looms In Private, Public Sectors / Alpari UK Currency Broker Folds Over Swiss Franc Turmoil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.