Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,228 members, 7,957,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:14 PM

Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board (27936 Views)

Passengers Stranded At Lagos Airports Over Increased Fares / Dana Air Slashes Fares To N7200 / Aero Slashes Fares To N9,999k, To Run May 13th – 31st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 03, 2014
CFCfan:

The 737 is appropriate for the relatively short-haul domestic flights. I believe the longest domestic route in Naija is a 1hr 15min flight. And the 737 can fly up to 3 hours non-stop.
Airlines, worldwide only use the 747 on international long-haul routes.

My point was, these B-737 are more likely fairly used planes, since they've likely stopped building the planes commercially.

Most of these B-737 commercial planes in Nigeria are as old as I am!
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Nosyke(m): 11:00am On Dec 03, 2014
Billyonaire:
Why not shop for an aircraft to launch on the route instead of waiting for others to do it for you ? The sky is wide enough for every aircraft.

Em, actually, I am in the market for a private Jet. I am tired of going commercial.
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by jude33084(m): 11:25am On Dec 03, 2014
CFCfan:

Its operational

Please be sure of what you are saying o wink
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by loomer: 11:28am On Dec 03, 2014
People like us wey no get money for plane, make we de manage the young shall grow, until we grow

3 Likes

Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 03, 2014
Descartes:

Please is Asaba Int'l airport operational now cos that will be closer to Onitsha than Enugu

Asaba airport has been operational for over 2years now, I fly Aero to Asaba all the time.
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Descartes: 12:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
cnario:

Asaba airport has been operational for over 2years now, I fly Aero to Asaba all the time.

Thanks your your response smiley
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
CFCfan:

Not sure if there is a particular thread for it here. But you're right, there is still some construction going on which includes the addition of jetways
Its like you are an aviator. Please answer this question: what Job in aviation will fit a statistician
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Captwahala(m): 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
The aviation transformation is a big sham, talk to any aviation professional. These fares are not sustainable and none the airlines have any serious long term plans. 90% of the airports are not economically viable. No single airline in financially buoyant.
Aerocontractors and Dana Air - Dem dey try small but barely hanging in there due to the harsh operating environment + the usual internal mismanagement

Azman Air - run by the owners sons who are clueless. Dead airline walking.

Discovery airways - owned by a subsidy "beneficiary" gone broke. Dead airline walking

First Nation - hasn't modernised it's business model since the bellview days and can't compete with the newer competition. Dead airline walking

Arik Air - Chairman of dead airlines walking. Horrible business model and in extreme debt. Hanging in there cos the owner is a GEJ sycophant so the presidency keeps the banks and other debtors of him. Will die within 24 hours of GEJ leaving office. Currently owing staff 2+ months of salary in addition to a massive debt portfolio.

Air Peace - new kids on the block. No solid business model or commercial management. Wrong aircraft that can't make money with their current business model. Enjoy the cheap tickets while they last. Let's see if they survive past the first round of major Aircraft maintenance checks.

1 Like

Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by atlwireles: 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
Descartes:

Please is Asaba Int'l airport operational now cos that will be closer to Onitsha than Enugu

I don't understand your question.
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by atlwireles: 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
citizenY:

Enjoy, ,while it lasts. Many of them will soon fizzle out. At the expense of being called names, many of these guys na,,money miss road. After the initial blingbling, na downhill.

Regulatorsmust ensure that standards are kept and this means money . Operators with out track records portend danger.

We shall see, I hope they prove you wrong.
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Descartes: 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
atlwireles:

I don't understand your question.

Never mind, I have got the answer I wanted smiley

Thanks
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by tecmon: 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
GEJ till infinty grin
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Adwexky(m): 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
Obviously, the post was informal. you should have insulted him.
phantonce:

His work must have affected your english and your brain.
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by komek(m): 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
Descartes:

Are u in Nigeria at all?
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Man51ut(m): 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
Marc9:
This same B-737 again? Is that how little Nigerian lives are worth? Can't they get more advanced, and safer planes like B-774 and B-775?

Abeg, arik air is still my choice, whether the fare is 30k or more!

what do you think Arik uses?

also, what is a 774? do you mean a 777-400/500? those are long-haul airlines plus half the airports don't even have the capability to deal with them.

also they are still making 737s and the age really has nothing to do with it, more the maintenance, after all 787s are brand new and are catching fire all over the place.
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Descartes: 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
komek:

Are u in Nigeria at all?

Meaning undecided
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by komek(m): 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
Descartes:

Meaning undecided

The airport has been operational since 2yrs ago.
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by otokx(m): 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
atlwireles:

We shall see, I hope they prove you wrong.

Most of them if not all have a huge debt overhang; any price ticket below 10k is not sustainable in the short long run.
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by atlwireles: 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2014
otokx:

Most of them if not all have a huge debt overhang; any price ticket below 10k is not sustainable in the short long run.

10k is very sustainable, bearing in mind the current price of jet fuel and a less regulated market place. If Ryan air can do it why not a low cost carrier in Nigeria.
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Descartes: 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
komek:

The airport has been operational since 2yrs ago.

OK.
Thanks for your concern smiley
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by JayJustus(m): 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
yesssss...my mum flew abuja with discovery air only 9k and my lil brother got for around 7k (<12years price) ...so it's a good development... this is what happens when the private sector comes into play thus competition and then we enjoy on the long run!

#KickOutJonathan2015
#VoteMeForPresident
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
eesy:

Its like you are an aviator. Please answer this question: what Job in aviation will fit a statistician
Lol. I'm not an aviator, I'm only an aviation enthusiast.
A statistician could work in an airline as part of their Business Research team.
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by bumitek02(m): 8:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
loomer:
People like us wey no get money for plane, make we de manage the young shall grow, until we grow
hahaahah guy you funny ohh
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
atlwireles:

10k is very sustainable, bearing in mind the current price of jet fuel and a less regulated market place. If Ryan air can do it why not a low cost carrier in Nigeria.
I'm sure Ryan Air have access to single-digit interest loans (unlike their Nigerian counterparts), and don't have to travel far to do basic maintenance of their airplanes, which in turn, eliminates the need to introduce relatively expensive fares.
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by bumitek02(m): 10:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
All this kobo kobo air ticket I dey fear oo, make any plain no fall on top of my head oo.
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by loomer: 12:54am On Dec 04, 2014
bumitek02:
hahaahah guy you funny ohh

But na tru na
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 05, 2014
CFCfan:

Lol. I'm not an aviator, I'm only an aviation enthusiast.
A statistician could work in an airline as part of their Business Research team.
k thanks
Re: Air Fares Fall As New Local Operators Board by reemix123(m): 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
Forget these guys... I went on the Peace Air website booked and paid for a flight to Owerri for 15.25 of Friday. I spent all money on fuel and traffic wahala got to the airport and they told me they only do one flight a day 7.30 am. I showed them my ticket and payment...with the other people there as well. The staff looked shocked and were wondering if there was a flight to owerri that they were not aware of. After all the shouting and screaming...Never again...I will stick with the tried and tested

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Construction Of New Terminal At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport, Lagos / China Police Orders Hotel Managements To Drive Out All Nigerians / No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.