Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? (3575 Views)

Loyalty In Relationships: Are Black Women Too Loyal To Black Men / Are Black Women Realy Always Angry? / Are Light Skinned Black Women More Beautiful Than Dark Skinned Black Women? Y? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? by zboyd: 1:02am On Dec 03, 2014
Hardly a week passes without some YouTube video, article, commentary, blog, study and/or statistic coming out that just bash African/Black women to death, as if they're the only imperfect women on earth.

Why are African/Black women considered to be unattractive?

Why do they, of all women, get the worst of the worst labels placed on them?
Re: Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? by Nobody: 3:30am On Dec 03, 2014
Excuse me? sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? by Nobody: 4:16am On Dec 03, 2014
zboyd:
Hardly a week passes without some YouTube video, article, commentary, blog, study and/or statistic coming out that just bash African/Black women to death, as if they're the only imperfect women on earth.

Are you Black American? I find that they usually worry about these things and are obsessed with racial beauty.

Racism particularly aimed at Black people is a reason why this is happening, in any case. No one should be surprised really....we were literally compared to apes by eugenicists so why should Black women's supposed lack of beauty by these same people be news?

Black people are usually assigned the worst labels and this would include Black women....no earth shattering discoveries there.

I wouldn't let this beauty thing worry you too much...there are much more pressing areas that we Blacks should improve on to garner the basic human respect accorded to others.

Besides, if you are Black African and a lady...I doubt that you would be pressed for African male attention. Black American or Euro women may not be as advantageous when it comes to men of their groups though.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? by Isaactop9(m): 5:31am On Dec 03, 2014
they are just jealous
Re: Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? by zboyd: 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
chulla12:

Are you Black American? I find that they usually worry about these things and are obsessed with racial beauty.

Racism particularly aimed at Black people is a reason why this is happening, in any case. No one should be surprised really....we were literally compared to apes by eugenicists so why should Black women's supposed lack of beauty by these same people be news?

Black people are usually assigned the worst labels and this would include Black women....no earth shattering discoveries there.

I wouldn't let this beauty thing worry you too much...there are much more pressing areas that we Blacks should improve on to garner the basic human respect accorded to others.

Besides, if you are Black African and a lady...I doubt that you would be pressed for African male attention. Black American or Euro women may not be as advantageous when it comes to men of their groups though.

I've found that some women of color, including Nigerian women are just as obsessed with racial beauty as some Black American women, specifically when it comes to skin color and nose shape and size.

Examples:

Nigerian Pop Star Stirs Controversy Over Her Popular ‘Whitenicious’ Bleaching Cream

"Skin toning,” as it’s called in Nigeria, is big business. According to the World Health Organization, nearly 77-percent of Nigerian women, the highest percentage in the world, use skin-lightening products regularly. While some lighten their skin to adhere to a Western standard of beauty, many women bleach their skin because it affords them better marriage prospects and a greater chance at social mobility."

Read more here...http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/01/16/nigerian-pop-stirs-controversy-whitenicious-bleaching-cream-selling-stores/

Dakore Egbuson-Akande Got A Nose Job (pics)

"Dakore got plastic surgery done on her nose to make it pointier right after she got married to her millionaire husband. Do you think it looks good on her? was it necessary?"

Read more here...https://www.nairaland.com/1320033/dakore-egbuson-akande-got-nose-job

You asked: Why should Black women's supposed lack of beauty by these same people be news?

Better question: Why have some African/Black men joined forces with "these same people" in deeming African/Black women unattractive and undesirable, while portraying white women as attractive and desirable?

Anyways...such mindsets don't worry me. They annoy and puzzle me. Why? Because there was a time when it was rare to hear an African/Black man run down African/Black women, especially in public, let alone say that he considers them less attractive and less desirable than white women. Is "Black Is Beautiful" a thing of the past? To call African/Black women black and ugly is a slap in the face of all African/Black mothers and assorted female relatives, IMO.

You said: "Besides, if you are Black African and a lady...I doubt that you would be pressed for African male attention. Black American or Euro women may not be as advantageous when it comes to men of their groups though."

I beg to differ. If this was so, you wouldn't come across topics like the one below.

Example:

Why The Obsession With Lighter Skin?

"So what is driving this obsession with lighter skin?

In a word: colourism. Coined by writer Alice Walker, colourism refers to discrimination within communities of colour towards those with darker skin. The preference for white skin is so firmly entrenched, two-thirds of Nigerian men saying they would prefer a lighter-skinned wife."

Read more here: http://afritorial.com/why-the-obsession-with-lighter-skin/
Re: Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
zboyd:

They are? The most beautifull women on earth are black. I don't know where you get your black women from.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
Who said they ain't attractive buster, why not go brush your fact.
Re: Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 9:48am On Dec 04, 2014
Not anymore
They are now representing especially during occasions or every sunday.
If they are still using 1914 amalgamation pictures to judge they a wrong
African women has arise,has change and an are attractive
Re: Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? by zboyd: 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Not everyone thinks that the most beautiful women on earth are Black.

A casual stroll through cyber world reveals a goldmine of negative commentaries, articles, and you tube videos depicting Black women in the worst ways, by some non-Black people, including some Black men. Was I aware that such a mindset was so widespread? No! You know things don't bode well for Black women when you have Asian and Latino men running down Black women too.

Anyways...here's an archived news story about a particular 'study' that created a firestorm all over the net.

London School Of Economics Psychologist: Black Women Are Less Attractive Than Whites And Asians

A British based psychologist has sparked outrage after claiming "scientifically" black women are less attractive than those of other races.
Dr. Satoshi Kanazawa, an evolutionary psychologist at the London School of Economics, claims to have analysed results from an online poll that proves they are rated generally less good looking than women with different coloured skins. Using findings from a study of physical attractiveness by Add Health, he claims the results show that 'black women are... far less attractive than white, Asian, and Native American women.'

Read more here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/8521854/London-School-of-Economics-psychologist-Black-women-are-less-attractive-than-whites-and-asians.html

Note:

First, beauty is a cultural idea as much as a physical one, and the standard is, of course, set by the dominant culture.

Second, in the black male community, there is a mental pedestal on which some men place white women, as they view them considerably more desirable than women of their own race.

Third, some Black women hold the very same negative attitudes toward Black men.
Re: Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2014
I would bet cormfortably that that psychogist is ugly. Its usually the ugly ones who try to put down others. All races have both ugly and beautiful people and to point out one as ugly is not even possible. Its a matter of fact. There's no monotony of beauty by black or white features. Both can have excessess of what they are known for, and in both cases, ugliness. Elongated features can be excessively and disproportionately so just as wide features can be excessively so.

On the issue of colour, if you were ugly while dark, a lighter colour would not change any physical facts. An ugly light person is still as ugly in whatever other skin colour.
Re: Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
Beauty or lack of is not a matter of colour,

(1) (Reply)

List Of Local Government Areas In Taraba State / Igbo Woman Marrying A Yoruba Man. Tips On Traditional Wedding Please! / A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.