Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,254 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira (14994 Views)

Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons / Nigeria Customs Service Appoints 6 New Deputy Comptroller- Generals, 6 New Acgs / The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Descartes: 3:41am On Dec 03, 2014
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/12/02/nigeria-customs-destroy-cartons-of-turkey-worth-over-30mln-naira

The Federal Operations Unit Zone C of the Nigeria Customs Service has impounded and destroyed 4,635 cartoons of frozen turkey chicken with cumulative duty paid value of 30,000, 595 Naira.

Conducting reporters round the seizure at the Abia/Imo command headquarters of the FOU Zone C in Owerri, the Imo State capital, the Area Comptroller of the Zone, Mr Victor Dimka, said that two suspects have been arrested in connection with the seizures and would be taken to court for further prosecution.

He warned all smugglers and would-be smugglers to desist from such heinous crime as the Nigeria Customs Service are committed to ensuring that smuggling is totally eradicated in the country.

The Area Comptroller said that the suspects were apprehended along Calabar axis as a result of the intelligent information gathered by his men who were determined to wipe out smuggling from Nigeria.

The customs boss further led a team of customs officials, officials of the SSS, NAFDAC and NESREA to the site where the frozen turkey chicken were being destroyed.

Some of the officials of the NESREA, who witnessed the destruction, advised the general public to stop consuming foreign frozen foods because the preservation chemicals were dangerous to human health.
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by GboyegaD(m): 4:03am On Dec 03, 2014
Do we have enough domestic production for consumption? We too do for out country as though no be imported Turkey dem dey serve for our government official quarters. Imagine how some business men/women capital is destroyed.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Wisegeek01(m): 5:06am On Dec 03, 2014
I'm pretty sure the'd take some home"

lipsrsealed

26 Likes

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Isaactop9(m): 5:10am On Dec 03, 2014
can't they give it to the less privilleged rather than burning it.

9 Likes

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by lonelydora: 5:17am On Dec 03, 2014
Hope they did not divert some. wetin we chop this xmas?

5 Likes

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by omenka(m): 5:41am On Dec 03, 2014
GboyegaD:
Do we have enough domestic production for consumption? We too do for out country as though no be imported Turkey dem dey serve for our government official quarters. Imagine how some business men/women capital is destroyed.
My major problem with this "destruction" policy is the sheer wastage it represents. I mean, wouldn't it be better if they confiscated such products and distribute them to the various prisons across the country where we have starving inmates??

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by femmy2010(m): 6:23am On Dec 03, 2014
They should have gifted it to the populace than destroying it.

5 Likes

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by SeverusSnape(m): 6:25am On Dec 03, 2014
I hate this rubbish....there are people who needs this meat for the festive period, why not share it out to them...and believe you me,most customs officials take these "loots" home to their families.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by SuperModerator: 6:38am On Dec 03, 2014
picture of it being destroyed or I don't believe it

if I hear say them destroy am, no be naija again

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 03, 2014
I just came to check what time is it! undecided
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by justi4jesu(f): 6:38am On Dec 03, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Mubby4luv(m): 6:39am On Dec 03, 2014
1st to comment..
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Tic4tac(m): 6:39am On Dec 03, 2014
hmmm
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Tic4tac(m): 6:39am On Dec 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:
I hate this rubbish....there are people who needs this meat for the festive period, why not share it out to them...and believe you me,most customs officials take these "loots" home to their families.
lol...b4 nko

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 03, 2014
Oboi! Chai! Na christmas meat dem spoil lyk dis?! :-/
Nawa o 4 we Govt n Gridluck
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by xedyl(m): 6:41am On Dec 03, 2014
Them for depot the turkey back to Turkey naw!

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by maclatunji: 6:41am On Dec 03, 2014
The Nigerian Customs Service infrequently destroys confisticated frozen foods. I am not sure what the best thing to do with those items is.
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by beckyomas(f): 6:41am On Dec 03, 2014
No pictures? I dont believe this, bunch of thieves.
Chai! But must dey destroy them?

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by flyca: 6:41am On Dec 03, 2014
Pictures of it burning or...... adonbelivit!

Probably cooking in "Oga at the top" 's pot! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Suzyky4u(f): 6:42am On Dec 03, 2014
Them sure say them destroy am? Olekparawoonyeoshi!
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by justi4jesu(f): 6:42am On Dec 03, 2014
omenka:
My major problem with this "destruction" policy is the sheer wastage it represents. I mean, wouldn't it be better if they confiscated such products and distribute them to the various prisons across the country where we have starving inmates??

They claim it is dangerous to human health so they wouldn't want the "starving inmates" to drop dead on them frozen turkey.

5 Likes

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by thatniqqress(f): 6:42am On Dec 03, 2014
Choi! Iffa hear say
Dem destroy am (˘̯˘ )
I guess it's in their houses now

Mehn it's to go and
Work in custom office
o

#teamShowUsTheTurkeyBeingDestroyed

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Donovan: 6:42am On Dec 03, 2014
grin

6 Likes

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Judolisco(m): 6:43am On Dec 03, 2014
maka chineke meziokwu
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by justi4jesu(f): 6:43am On Dec 03, 2014
beckyomas:
No pictures? I dont believe this, bunch of thieves.
Chai! But must dey destroy them?

grin

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by intergral(m): 6:43am On Dec 03, 2014
Yeye dey ooze!
Why they no show how them dey distroy am..........make dem go tell new born babies weh no fit talk...........
I SMELL ENUFF PEPPER SOUP IN THEIR POTS...........
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by remmyton(f): 6:43am On Dec 03, 2014
†ђε posts above Ά̲̣̣̣̥я̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ quite funny, I heard †ђε custom official say smtin abt †ђε frozen chicken being destructive to health

Nigerians contributing to their problems since 1BC

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by millionboi(m): 6:43am On Dec 03, 2014
Na wa o
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by khalebzy(m): 6:44am On Dec 03, 2014
;DMy dad brought some home
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Isiterere(m): 6:44am On Dec 03, 2014
...NCS ? Msheew .
This is just a move to impress oga @ the top.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by monemsis(m): 6:44am On Dec 03, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Sends Morro Back To Kuje Prison / Wike Declares Free Primary, Secondary Education In Rivers / FG Seeks Private Funding To Close $2.5 Billion Electricity Gap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.