Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,897 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram (20997 Views)

How EBOLA Got To Liberia From Guinea - Exclusive Report!! / Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno / JTF Is Winning The War On Boko Haram! An Exclusive Report By Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by ITbomb(m): 5:47pm On Dec 03, 2014
Boko Haram bombed it using suicide bombers with a pickup packed with explosives but to no avail. Only scratches. And the beast moved on.
I love this grin
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Afroconnect: 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
The government should arm a million youths and trained local militias,so we kill all boko animals.

Over 50million Nigerians youths ready for war against these useless cows-we will kill all of them and their sponsors.

The blood of the innocent women and children killed will chase all boko animals and their sponsors to their grave.

Thunder fire shecow.
Thunder fire extremists
Thunder fire their sponsors.
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by anibestlala(m): 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
idris93:

Read more: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/172275-exclusive-inside-nigerian-militarys-renewed-offensive-boko-haram-terrorists-now-run.html
kudos to them. but please lassa in bornu is under bh attack since Saturday, houses have been burnt down,can the government intervene?
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by link2jude(m): 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Vikkie14: 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
overhypedsteve:
We need pictures please. We need pictures of Ze "beast" T72. Hehehe finally we ve got ourselves a fight

It is the MAIN battle tank of the Russian Army and they have produced and sold over 50,000 of the variant.
The tank is fitted with a 125mm D-81 smoothbore gun, a 7.62mm co-axial machine gun and a 12.7mm air defence machine gun mounted on the commander's cupola. The T-72S carries 45 rounds of 125mm ammunition, 22 rounds of which are carried on an automatic loading carousel.

The gun fires separate loading armour-piercing discarding sabot rounds (APDS), high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) rounds and high-explosive fragmentation (HE-FRAG) projectiles. Fire accuracy is attained by a laser rangefinder sight, ballistic computer and a thermal barrel sleeve. Dual-axis stabilisation ensures effective firing on the move.
The tank's anti-armour missile system is the 9K120 Svir (Nato codename AT-11 Sniper), designed by the KBP Instrument Design Bureau, Tula.
The system is intended to engage tanks fitted with ERA as well as low-flying air targets. It has a range of 100m to 4,000m and firing requires the tank to be stationary.
The system's 9M119 missile has semi-automatic laser beamriding guidance. The gun's automatic loader will feed both ordnance and missiles.

The tank is equipped with a V-84 liquid-cooled four-stroke multi-fuel diesel engine which develops 618kW (840hp), providing a power-to-weight ratio of 13.8kW/t, planetary transmission with hydraulic servo-control system, running gear with RMSH track and torsion bar suspension with hydraulic shock absorbers.
The tank has a road speed of 60km/h and 35km/h on dry earth roads. The range on roads with main fuel tanks is 500km. The tank can negotiate fording depths to 1.2m without preparation and snorkels can be fitted for fording to a depth of 5m.

The hull and turret are protected by armour plating, including combined armour arrays over the frontal arc. Since 1988, ERA has been fitted. The running gear is protected by gill-type armour panels.
A smokescreen can be laid by the 902B Tucha smoke discharging system or by an exhaust smoke-laying system.
This is the picture below:

1 Share

Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by phacruzy(m): 6:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
Kudos to the nigeria militants and the civilian-jtf's....more grace to ur elbows
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by overhypedsteve(m): 6:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
rickkid:
Here you go good sir cheesy
nobody can save those retarded terrorists from this "arrogant monstrosity".
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Afritop(m): 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2014
thegoodone2:
kill them all. Let join hand to kill them all
Kill them all! Is that is all you can say. Ordinary mosquito you can't kill
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Afritop(m): 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
ITbomb:

I love this grin
The suicide bombers just died for nothing and coincidentally bombed themselves
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by BrAkingNews: 6:30pm On Dec 03, 2014
Story for the army...

Jonathan is now worse than Nebuchadnezzar ––Wole Soyinka >>> http://www..com/jonathan-is-now-worse-than-nebuchadnezzar-wole-soyinka/
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Emmyjb(m): 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
God will help our Military.
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Lobolintin(m): 6:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
Okay... Am the first to comment.. That's the case of naija and boko... Kill me kill u.. Kill me kill u... Naija I trust thee this time... e pa wan
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by femikay149(m): 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
T 72 tank in action

Does anyone know h many the Nigerian Army has...it is a true beast

1 Like

Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Kutunban: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
Let's all give our army the accolades they deserve. Now those opposition calling our gallant army weak and our commander in chief clueless will be buried in total shame.

To the Nigeria army, please don't just regain those town try and secure it completely and also take Boko Haram to extinction.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by thegoodone2(m): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2014
Afritop:

Kill them all! Is that is all you can say. Ordinary mosquito you can't kill
do u know who is thegoodone2? beware. let join hand and kill our enemy.
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by berrystunn(m): 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2014
T72 IN ACTION

Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Bigcake: 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2014
ucheokpara100:
i cant help than start taken news lik this as foolish news because we 've been hearing news like this since last year and boko haram are still killing us till date.
Your comment already shows how fooolish you are. So we dont need you to believe anything.....
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
This is the t72 russian made tank
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Adamo84(m): 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
Abdgafarplenty:
‪#‎MTN‬ be like; do u know dere r ppl in ya village dat dosen't want u to succeed QUICKY text. ‪#‎THUNDER_FIRE_DEM‬ to 33050 text cost N50 only
Hilarious, can't stop laughing grin grin grin
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by OmoEniafelamo(m): 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
What's so “exclusive” about this report? Upon all the carnage that is ravaging the Northeast (and now inclusive Northwest), this is the only picture Premium Times reporter that is purportedly traveling around that area was able to beam? Online media houses manufacturing stories in a desperate bid to win the Web impressions war. This is just pathetic.
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
drlawizle:

I think its fun cos I usually get annoyed opening nairaland.com in d evening only to find nothing new since morning....shiiit can be as boring as helll.

Why una wan use likes kill me....please e don do oh..

See me see trouble oh!
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Horus(m): 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
Propaganda
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
I've sed b4 and I will say it again. Being on d defensive is a stupid idea for d military. Day shd be on d offensive. Day shd be d ones taking d fight to d boko boys and end dis fight once and all.

Nonsense! cheesy
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by davidonoja: 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
[quote author=ucheokpara100 post=28562188]i cant help than start taken news lik this as foolish news because we 've been hearing news like this since last year and boko haram are still killing us till date.[/quo

Haters of good news
The only news you like hearing is when the innocent is being bomb
This kind of good news bleeds your heart boko haram like you
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Freest(m): 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
You will never tell Nigerians the good side
of PDP
government. APC supporters and their
hypocrite....
OUR HYPOCRISY...OUR LIES! When in look at
how
partisanship has blinded our sense or
judgment
and fairness and respect for others' rights, I
just
laugh. And this stems from the attitude of
my brothers and sisters on the other side of
the
political divide and those who just don't like
Jonathan's face. Okie, imagine these: If
you are a Southern Christian and you
support the
president, you are TRIBALIST. But a
Northern
Muslim/Hausa Fulani who supports Buhari/
Atiku is not! If you are seen pushing the
president's case,
you are PAID to do that, when you do that
for
opposition, you are a patriot. Ahba! When
an
editor writes an editorial that is sympathetic
to the
president, he has been BOUGHT, but the
one that
abuses the president like Sahara reporters
and other religious fanatics are FREEDOM
FIGHTERS. A
blogger that posts stories positive about
Nigeria is a
shame and paid, but Sahara Reporters is a
credible
source of news. When you support Jonathan,
you
are a JONATHANIAN. Meanwhile, I am still
looking
for someone tagged BUHARIST for
supporting the retired general. When you
support a Jonathan and
PDP, you 'hate' Nigeria. But when you
support a
Kwankwaso who spent FOURTEEN YEARS in
PDP
and has only been APC member for ELEVEN
MONTHS, you are pushing for change! When
local
government elections are held in opposition
state and the ruling party clears all the
seats, DEMOCRACY
IS AT WORK, but INEC cannot be trusted to
conduct
election. In fact, when such happens in PDP
state, it
is rigged. When APC wins a bye-election, the
PEOPLE
have SPOKEN, but when reverse is the case,
then
INEC has worked for PDP. A PDP member
since 1999 who decamps to APC today at the
age 70 has
become a progressive, but an APC member
who
moves the other direction, has left 'light' for
'darkness'. All the billions being spent by
PDP to
prosecute election preparations are 'stolen',
but the
ones being spent by opposition fall from
sky. When a minister buys house in Lekki, he
has stolen. But a
Lagos commissioner who shares fence with
him/
her (and even and bigger house) took
'mortgage'
to built his own! Na only Buhari waka go
borrow
27million na wey him take purchase APC
presidential form but Jonathan is
corrupt...Nkaliuka! The crowd at the
president's
declaration was 'rented' but all those who
came to
Buhari's were not. In fact, some of them
trekked
from Sokoto to Abuja and did not eat for
three days
because they love the Buhari...story for the
gods!
And if you read this and it pricks your
conscience, instead of reflecting on it, you
will put on a bold
face and tag me a Jonathanian and a PDP
apologist.
Abegi, wetin you go tag yourself? Obamaian?
Buharist? Atikuist? Kwankwasonian?
Amaechist?
APC irredentist?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by davidonoja: 9:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
tofam3k3:
The usual lies...i get irritated seeing headlines like this

But you enjoy seeing news of BH killing and bombing

Blood testy human being like you site in the comfort of your home expecting to read bad news

Evil mind like you need to die in one of those bomb
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Adminisher: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
imoleay0:
DR JONATHAN TILL MY GIRLFRIEND ENTERS MENOPAUSE.

You just spoilt everything with this post.
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
Adminisher:

You just spoilt everything with this post.

How sir?
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by undigeh: 11:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
idris93:

Read more: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/172275-exclusive-inside-nigerian-militarys-renewed-offensive-boko-haram-terrorists-now-run.html

I am highly elated and impressed with this development.
If this progress must be sustained, precautions must be taken.

First and foremost, this newly acquired T72 tanker doing devastating operation against BH should not, and must not be given to any suspected BH supporters or sympathizers in the military involved in this on going operation.

Why? They will subtly donate it to BH. With it in their hands, they will overrun all the state capitals in the north east.
Yes, all Muslims in the army are SUSPECTS but not all of them are BH supporters or sympathizers.
BE WARNED AND BE WISE IN YOUR DISCRETION.

I wish us ✌.
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by Josh316(m): 11:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
OP, Nigeria is NOT listed as one of the operators of the dreaded T72 tank (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-72). How come all we have are pics from the internet and NOT one of the T72 with the Naija flag on it?

While I support the arm and my friends there, lets always back up claims here with pictorial facts.

The world is now in 2014. Even the bastard haramites with the tactical support of AFP are uploading propaganda 'movies' of their devilish exploits on youtube. The Nigerian Army should do better...

From what i have read about that tank, we really do need it in this battle smiley
Re: Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram by overhypedsteve(m): 11:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
Vikkie14:

It is the MAIN battle tank of the Russian Army and they have produced and sold over 50,000 of the variant.
The tank is fitted with a 125mm D-81 smoothbore gun, a 7.62mm co-axial machine gun and a 12.7mm air defence machine gun mounted on the commander's cupola. The T-72S carries 45 rounds of 125mm ammunition, 22 rounds of which are carried on an automatic loading carousel.

The gun fires separate loading armour-piercing discarding sabot rounds (APDS), high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) rounds and high-explosive fragmentation (HE-FRAG) projectiles. Fire accuracy is attained by a laser rangefinder sight, ballistic computer and a thermal barrel sleeve. Dual-axis stabilisation ensures effective firing on the move.
The tank's anti-armour missile system is the 9K120 Svir (Nato codename AT-11 Sniper), designed by the KBP Instrument Design Bureau, Tula.
The system is intended to engage tanks fitted with ERA as well as low-flying air targets. It has a range of 100m to 4,000m and firing requires the tank to be stationary.
The system's 9M119 missile has semi-automatic laser beamriding guidance. The gun's automatic loader will feed both ordnance and missiles.

The tank is equipped with a V-84 liquid-cooled four-stroke multi-fuel diesel engine which develops 618kW (840hp), providing a power-to-weight ratio of 13.8kW/t, planetary transmission with hydraulic servo-control system, running gear with RMSH track and torsion bar suspension with hydraulic shock absorbers.
The tank has a road speed of 60km/h and 35km/h on dry earth roads. The range on roads with main fuel tanks is 500km. The tank can negotiate fording depths to 1.2m without preparation and snorkels can be fitted for fording to a depth of 5m.

The hull and turret are protected by armour plating, including combined armour arrays over the frontal arc. Since 1988, ERA has been fitted. The running gear is protected by gill-type armour panels.
A smokescreen can be laid by the 902B Tucha smoke discharging system or by an exhaust smoke-laying system.
This is the picture below:
a moving fortress. Can it withstand an attack from a manpad?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Major Events And Dates In Nigeria's History (timelines: Pre 1960-2000) / Afenifere Tackles Osinbajo: You Are A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe / Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Oshiomhole In Last Fight For Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.