Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,449 members, 7,812,376 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

The Body Of Christ Is Not The Welfare System For Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Body Of Christ Is Not The Welfare System For Pastors (805 Views)

Endtime Body Of Christ Church In Akure: What i spotted this evening(pics) / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Body Of Christ Is Not The Welfare System For Pastors by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
I don’t trust a Paid Pastor for the same reason I don’t trust a Paid Spokesperson, both are less than authentic. If you’re getting paid to say something then you will say exactly what I want you to say, how I want you to say it. This is how we got the “Prosperity Gospel” and “Name it & Claim it.”

Unfortunately in this new era of Preaching “the money” has become synonymous with church, and it’s becoming more and more difficult to separate the two.

Bishop Michael Pitts (of Cornerstone Church in Toledo) has made more money off preaching the Word of God than the Apostle Paul - yet he has not written one section of scripture. Here you have a man who is in the prime of his life, still having full use of his hands and feet, and living a luxurious lifestyle off church donations! And you consider him a servant of Jesus?

The strange part is when you really study the life of Jesus, nothing about him was ever associated with money – nor did he ever raise an offering. Today, church has become all about Money, and you cannot have church without Money. The reason this has happened is standing in the pulpit, it his designer 3pc suit, and the lifestyle that he has become accustom to requires a constant flow of church donations.

This is why I turn my nose up at Paid Preachers, because I truly feel they are not as committed to the mission of Jesus as they claim.

To call a Paid Pastor a servant of God, is like calling Tom Brady a servant of the New England Patriots. Tom Brandy is getting paid to do what he loves to do - the same as your Pastor. Tom Brady is paid to throw touchdowns and make the fans happy, the same as your Pastor. The main difference between your Pastor and Tom Brady is your Pastor guilt tripped you with scriptures into financing his dreams, and Brady made his money the old fashion way - he earned it.

I have always felt that if you truly loved God, then why not tell me about him free of charge?

If God has saved you from eternity in Hell, and you know he could do the same for me, then why would you charge me for that bit of information?

Pastors have convinced us that in order for the Gospel to spread effectively (while fulfilling all of the duties of the pulpit) then they must be in full time “Paid” ministry. Sadly we fell for it. This is why I strongly believe that Tithing is quickly destroying church, and limiting access to the Gospel only to those who could afford this expensive Gospel.

If the truth be told, all of us are in full time ministry, and the truly active amongst us do it all free of charge.

If a Pastor loves the Lord as much as he claims, then he would preach for FREE. He would have a Job / Business outside of church, and he would remain financially independent from donations. If a pastor truly loved the Lord then he would realize that any amount of money he received in a salary would be better served in assisting a widow or an elderly person in the congregation.

Why are we paying a person to do something he said God called him to do?

Why are we allowing Pastors to wear certain scriptures like 1 Timothy 5:18 as full length fur coats, all while completely ignoring verse 8 of the same chapter.

“But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.”

It is not the responsibility of the Body of Christ to support a bunch of lazy able-bodied individuals who are fully capable of being gainfully employed. Our financial support should go to the Sick, Widow, and the Homeless.

If any Pastor is advocating that he is worthy of a salary to preach The Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ (a Gospel that he did not write) then that man is not a servant, but a Lazy Hustler.

A Servant is a Slave for God, and slaves were never paid wages other than food and shelter. Stop paying the Pastor a sales commission for souls, and redirect that money to real areas of need. Stop paying your Paid Spokesperson!

TJ - CHURCH FOLK REVOLUTION “Father God I don’t want anything from you but the opportunity to serve you. I am honored that you would even call me and use me, therefore I remain at you command. Oh Lord what is it that I can do for you today? To serve you Lord is both a privilege and an honor, and your grace is my only compensation. Your Grace is my daily Blessing. Amen!”

1 Corinthians 15:9-11
9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

http://pimppreacher.com/post/104160784310/preach-for-free-or-shut-up

2 Likes

Re: The Body Of Christ Is Not The Welfare System For Pastors by An2elect2(f): 5:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
Amen. True!

But most times am reluctant in commenting on threads opened by people who deny the deity of Christ.
I just have a hard time accepting them as brethren. I don't even think i can.
Re: The Body Of Christ Is Not The Welfare System For Pastors by dein77(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
The prosperity Gospel has almost dethroned the Gospel of Christ. Indeed our Churches are richer financially, but the average worshipper still wallows in lack, misery and woe.

I'm yet to know who imported this doctrine to the Church. It has done more harm than good.

The prosperity Gospel is responsible for the proliferation of Churches in every town and state. Yet we are morally bankrupt.

Preaching the Gospel is the biggest business now in Nigeria. Shame.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Article: Learn To Forgive And Let Go / Merry Christmas To All Nairalander / Bishop Oyedepo Tells Church Members – “if You Catch Islamic Jihadists, Kill Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.