Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation (22514 Views)

US Govt Lauds Obiano On Security, Infrastructure(pic) / Russia, Nigeria Sign Contract For Mi-171sh, Mi-35 Helicopters / China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
BlackTechnology:

You are a baby

If you are an indigene of NE whose home has been sacked by BH, your view about US will change when you realise that US refused to sell arms needed to recover your home but is more Willing to train a military she accused of human right violation.

Guy go and sleep.

Politics is not meant for you

No insulting bro. My point is no one knows how Fed Govt acquire military equipment in Nigeria for years. That's suppose to be top secrets and not something to be displayed in media like jokes. Making Nigeria as a country look like clowns. The South Africa $9.3m brought out so many facts about Fed govt yet y'all turn blind eye and deaf ear to it. And this Ode is calling me a baby hahahahaha. Wonderful!
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by emmanuel4758(m): 11:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
emmatok:

Keep living in denial.
I know this bus generation of arrogantly ignorant people.We can't generate enough electricity for ourselves and we want to rubb shoulder with US.

I will advice you first create that sane environment for your self before thinking about US
I look waiting u write I just laughed because as if you near me I for don slap you ehh e be like say night never come for your area nansense
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by aresa: 11:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
Going to Russia is another reflection of this man's failure and gross incompetence.

Going to the Russians wont solve the systemic problems plaguing the country and military in particular, it wont address the $6 billion he swindles with his military every year, it won't address the incompetence synonymous with the same military chiefs he gives out National awards to instead of firing or disciplining, it won't address the military surrendering their military bases and weapons to BH/indirectly arming BH.

You can not build a castle on rotten foundation, fix your rotten home first before shopping for furniture..

2 Likes

Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
tobtap:

u seems not to understand my point..nigeria tv media like AIT,NTA are clearly pro-government and especially AIT,because of the owner's political ambition.back to the above matter,western media like CNN,BBC,SKY,FOX NEWS,TIME.COM,REUTERS,AND OTHERS all read from US government scripts and they av been bias to the russians as if it was the russians that bankroll the "COUP" in ukraine.i take any news from such news media with a pinch of salt...
salem

Have heard you bro. One fact is we all want peace in this country, we all want the killings by BH to stop, we all want our political parties in this great Nation to work together and truly make Nigeria the giant of Africa by encouraging one another no matter who is on power. Overseas political party have differences but put the nation's interest first before theirs or any other thing, it won't be bad if PDP and APC work together which will truly reflect democracy cause right now it's Monocracy. Lastly we all want respect for each other's religion be it a muslim or Christian. Good night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by emmatok(m): 11:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
emmanuel4758:
I look waiting u write I just laughed because as if you near me I for don slap you ehh e be like say night never come for your area nansense

Abegi, Go sleep and stop forming Superman online.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by NjaPrince(m): 11:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
The Russian ally is a thousand and one times better than the hypocritical American ally.

3 Likes

Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by ASL33: 11:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
swezenberg:
Nigeria keeps jumping from frying pan to fire. Russia will sell weapons to you and sell to boko haram. Who tells you Russia gives a damn about souls in Nigeria. Their business is to sell weapons. Arms deal is big business to good old Russia. Pray that those sponsoring boko haram are not offering more than the Federal Govt. It is their way to sell to both parties. To them it is business. It is the parties at war that have loses to count.

Russians don't have conscience. Death means nothing to them. That is why they are feared. Many of you can insult US but try it with Russia and see the consequence.
Who's weapons are BH using now? When u answer this question you will understand that both Russia and USA are evil.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by chronique(m): 11:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
Damn!!! Kudos to GEJ for this. I've always wanted us to do away with the yanks and their silly games. Let's do business with serious folks. Didn't know the Nigerian govt will be able to pull this stunt. I love this.

3 Likes

Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by Cannonleo(m): 11:47pm On Dec 03, 2014
aresa:
Going to Russia is another reflection of this man's failure and gross incompetence.

Going to the Russians wont sole the systemic problems plaguing the country and military in particular, it wont address the $6 billion he swindles with his military every year, it won't address the incompetence synonymous with the same military chiefs he gives out National awards to instead of firing or disciplining, it won't address the military surrendering their military bases and weapons to BH/indirectly arming BH.

You can not build a castle on rotten foundation, fix your rotten home first before shopping for furniture..

Every year.i hope he started from 1989
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by NjaPrince(m): 11:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
aresa:

Going to the Russians wont sole the systemic problems plaguing the country and military in particular, it wont address the $6 billion he swindles with his military every year, it won't address the incompetence synonymous with the same military chiefs he gives out National awards to instead of firing or disciplining, it won't address the military surrendering their military bases and weapons to BH/indirectly arming BH.

Hey! Why the rigmarole?

Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by sonnie10: 11:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
Can a man place fire in his bosom without being burnt?
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by NjaPrince(m): 11:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
ASL33:
Who's weapons are BH using now? When u answer this question you will understand that both Russia and USA are evil.

Russia is not hypocritical!
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by aresa: 11:59pm On Dec 03, 2014
ASL33:

Mostly the weapons Nigeria surrenders to BH after surrendering their military bases and weapons...
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by SkyRider1(m): 12:29am On Dec 04, 2014
I like Russians, but not the ones that are high on vodka like Putin. Putin is a master chess player and will outwit Jonathan any day. Caution is the word
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by cjrane: 12:40am On Dec 04, 2014
[size=13pt][b]It is shameful that Obama allowed the US ambassador to Nigeria to let this happen.
It is almost unbelievable that Nigeria which had been a staunch historically ally of the USA moved closer to Russia under a black man as US President!

If US can supply stinger missiles to rebels in Afghanistan and Angola, why not support Nigeria to defeat Boko Haram?
If USA can even support Syrian rebels who had and continue to comitt unspeakable atrocities and terrorist agenda, why not help Nigeria?

Now, the CIA will have a free hand to wage an unmitigated media propaganda war against Nigeria claiming the devil himself was better than Nigeria. They will even plot their own terror attacks and blame it on Nigeria to bomb her. Or even drop Ebola infested animals from the air to mock the "premature declaration" of Nigeria as Ebola free.

Obama should call the ambassador in Abuja to order. USa had been and should remain a great friend of Nigeria. Obama must never let that change under his watch.[/b]
[/size]
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by Afroconnect: 12:43am On Dec 04, 2014
Russia a stronger and more loyal ally to have...America is getting weaker and weaker under Obama.

A good man is not good enough,we need srong leaders to kill all enemies of civilizations quickly not too much talk talk.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by NaLaugh: 12:57am On Dec 04, 2014
So, when will Nigeria ally with the Nazis when they return?.. nonsense!

Russia is a horrible ally to consider. Someone even mentioned North Korea.
Are you out of your freakin mind? Or you just have no clue about life.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by cjrane: 1:08am On Dec 04, 2014
NaLaugh:
So, when will Nigeria ally with the Nazis when they return?.. nonsense!

Russia is a horrible ally to consider. Someone even mentioned North Korea.
Are you out of your freakin mind? Or you just have no clue about life.

The All White Police department of Ferguson Missouri is worst than the Nazis
BTW, I think the Russians defeated the Nazis anyhow. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by OmoUSH(m): 1:16am On Dec 04, 2014
emmatok:

Keep living in denial.
I know this generation of arrogantly ignorant people.We can't generate enough electricity for ourselves and we want to rubb shoulder with US.

I will advice you first create that sane environment for your self before thinking about US
You are finished for arguing with that hopeless buffoon! How old are you? Lol, even me, Omoush, can compete with the lord of man kind and the universe-USA- technologically!
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by realnas(m): 1:19am On Dec 04, 2014
Great news indeed ,let obomba take his old rusty cobra helos and shove it down his bottom we don't need em ! Americans are fair weather friends that won't hesitate to betray her allies.mr putin bludgeoned the chechen extremists into submission yes he fought the extremists and won unlik that whimp called obama who doesn't even hv a strategy against a group lik isis smh
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by Adminisher: 1:22am On Dec 04, 2014
onoja12:
This is what we have been expecting from GEJ all this years,now he has started behaving like the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria not the ijaw President,i hope it isnt too little too late

GEJ is finally overgrowing the 'locality' in him. What next is to stop travelling to new York with 200 people and making dumbbass statements like 'America will know'. America does not know fuckall. Nigeria's leader should be composed, versed in our home grown ideology and be able to articulate national interests instead of projecting inferiority complex and cluelessness. Leadership is not small beans.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by blasterman(m): 1:26am On Dec 04, 2014
SmartCount:
MOSCOW, December 3. /TASS/. Russia and Nigeria have signed a memorandum on interaction and cooperation between their security councils, Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolay Patrushev’s spokesman Igor Shvytkin said Wednesday.
The document was signed at a meeting between Patrushev and Nigerian presidential national security advisor Sambo Dasuki.
“The document is called upon to become a basis for regular dialogue between the sides on different aspects, including in the sphere of international and regional security,” Shvytkin said.
http://itar-tass.com/en/world/764951

When Russians know how dumb Nigerians r u will see their true colours. Like they say the devil u know is better than the unknown devil
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by PhockPhockMan: 1:28am On Dec 04, 2014
Stelvin101:

My broda am not brainwashed by any western, southern, eastern or Northern media. Infact Nigeria media is really doing a good job hypnotizing Nigerian about GEJ and his administration that he is doing a great job. Next person to attack me, am patiently waiting
Which village man be this? The person you quoted Meant western nations, not Western Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by ddeola: 1:44am On Dec 04, 2014
This is a good move. I suggest that we leave the Americans to solve their own problems while we focus on solving ours too, we don't need them. Our help is from the Lord not from any country and the Lord will give us those that we help us with this BH challenge.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by Clone2020(m): 3:47am On Dec 04, 2014
Lol talk about signing a pact with the devil. If our lawmakers are wise, they wouldn't touch Russia or China with a yardstick.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by Nobody: 3:54am On Dec 04, 2014
eleko1:
undecided
same here o !
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by ttmacoy: 4:21am On Dec 04, 2014
Sorry to disappoint but China and Russia do not have Nigerians interest at heart and will only make decisions that benefit them. The what's in it for me factor will always play a role. Solution is for Nigeria to step up to its rightful place in the international scene so countries partner with us due to what we bring to the table not all this begging left and right we currently do.

Our main negotiating tool of oil is increasingly losing its value and hold everyday due to falling oil prices, over supply nd slowing demand. We need to diversify our economy and develop the keys sectors such as health, education power, defense, etc and the ripple effect will be through the economy so we can bring more to the table and demand to be treated as equal contributing partners and not some nuisance to be fed crumbs off the table in exchange for the future rights of our citizens.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 04, 2014
emmatok:

US is not the reason we have BH except you can prove otherwise. So we should stop behaving like the US owes Nigeria anything.
Going, to the Russians is not bad, but making Nigeria looking helpless is bad.
What is if the Russians decide to capitalize on our helpless condition and renegade on their agreement, will we run to Iran or China.
This diplomacy not local politics.

Not saying US is responsible for BH - I was alluding to national defense priorities. The US doesn't owe naija anything, just as naij doesn't owe the US anything. Both countries need to do what's best for them. And it's not a secret that, if you're not Israel, part of the NATO axis, gulf states, or a strategic country to the US - you can't lay ya hands on American weapons. That's a fact. Especially a country like Nigeria that's inconsequential to the US strategically. I don't know why most of you can't just do a simple research - and it's all about jumping on yank's d1ck.

Heck, even the UK that has some US made weapons for the RAF - there's always a normal British modification for everything, so as to negate all the US baggage. Ditto Israel. I remember Algeria, which has a non-allied foreign policy, but falls into the US ally space on the same wavelength as Nigeria tried to buy US weapons a few years ago, but it had to ditch it due to the cost, and all the useless strings they attached to it. And opted for Russia. However, that never stopped the cooperation/relationship between the two countries.

Well, Nigeria has forever been helpless - and it needs help from wherever it can get it from. And renegading on defense agreement is something most countries don't do, due to image or potential customers from other countries. Unless there's are sanctions from the UN security council, or pressure from other countries.

The diplomatic path Nigeria needs to follow is non-alliance, and to keep making Nigeria as the priority. The country has su.cked on the yanks' d1ck for too long, hence it's so messed up. Heck, even the system of government, is a useless version of the US one.

1 Like

Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by ttmacoy: 4:36am On Dec 04, 2014
Thanks for this point. I have always stressed the fact nigerians seem to have a misguided impression of how important they are to the US and even the international community. Our only attraction is/was oil and even then we still towed behind Saudi Arabia and did their bidding.

We need to being more to the table and stop kissing ass about from US to China to Russia and next North Korea.

[quote author=SirShymex post=28575294]

That's a fact. Especially a country like Nigeria that's inconsequential to the US strategically
. I don't know why most of you can't just do a simple research - and it's all about jumping on yank's d1ck.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by ttmacoy: 4:43am On Dec 04, 2014
No ask God to punish your leaders past and present who have put you in this situation where with all your oil blessings you still go around begging left and right as you cannot do anything on your own as a country. UK and US do not have any obligation to Nigeria sorry to disappoint you and good luck with Russia and China. Let's talk when they have finished with you.

bogolobango:
Na god go punish those yeye country uk & usa
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by Nobody: 4:44am On Dec 04, 2014
ttmacoy:
Thanks for this point. I have always stressed the fact nigerians seem to have a misguided impression of how important they are to the US and even the international community. Our only attraction is/was oil and even then we still towed behind Saudi Arabia and did their bidding.

We need to being more to the table and stop kissing ass about from US to China to Russia and next North Korea.

The oil is old story - no one cares about naija's oil anymore. grin

These folks are just too drunk on the US, to be honest. Delusional folks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hausa Community And Traders Clash In Asaba / Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs / Happy Birthday To President Goodluck Jonathan!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.