Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police (19559 Views)

Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police / Ben Murray-Bruce Visits His Constituency (Photos) / Hon. Obinna Onwubuariri, The YOUNGEST LAWMAKER Tours His Constituency! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by TheRealMrStan(m): 10:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hearing in the suit filed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, seeking to commit the Inspector-General of Police to prison for alleged contempt of court was Thursday, stalled by the people of Kebbe/Tambuwal Federal Constituency of Sokoto State who filed an application for stay of proceedings.

The Speaker had filed the suit at a Federal High Court following alleged attempts to declare his seat vacant and the withdrawal of his security details following his defection from the Peoples Democratic Party, the party on whose platform he was elected as the Speaker of the House.

The proceedings was, however, stalled after the Speaker’s constituent, through their lawyers, informed the court that they had filed two separate applications for stay of proceedings in the suit.

Their applications for stay of proceedings were hinged on the notices of appeal filed against the ruling of the court which on Monday disallowed them to be joined as defendants in the suit.

Tambuwal’s lawyer, however, asked the court to adjourn the matter to enable him respond to the applications for stay of proceedings filed by the parties seeking to be joined.

Lawyers to defendants opposed the application for adjournment.

Justice Ahmed Mohammed adjourned the case to December 9 for hearing of applications seeking leave to appeal, stay of proceedings and the one seeking an order compelling the Inspector-General of Police to appear in court.
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/12/03/tambuwals-suit-stalled-federal-constituency/

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by Beesluv: 10:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hmmm, all these politrickians

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by klodike(m): 10:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
Oboi i no understand this English. Here in mozambique, you know we speak........

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by Morkavictor: 11:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
Tambuwal you are finished.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by purplesummer(f): 11:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
I wonder why the affected constituency was denied the opportunity to be joined when they have sufficient interest in the suit. But then again, if they have not been joined, do they have the locus standi to bring an application for stay of proceedings when they are not a party before the court?

Waiting for the ruling of the court.

7 Likes

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by drnoel: 11:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
purplesummer:
I wonder why the affected constituency was denied the opportunity to be joined when they have sufficient interest in the suit. But then again, if they have not been joined, do they have the locus standi to bring an application for stay of proceedings when they are not a party before the court?

Wrong u are. They may not be the party involved but they as Tumbuwal constituents have right of representation cos Tumbuwal is not speaker on his capacity but on the vote and supposed confidence place on him by his constituents. Now it follows that if he Tumbuwal has interest that excludes those who elected him then his problems just started

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by kelvincoll(m): 11:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
purplesummer:

I'm impressed wink

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 03, 2014
wink
Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by Hadone(m): 11:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
ok
Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by purplesummer(f): 11:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
kelvincoll:

I'm impressed wink
Thanks smiley
Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by Djicemob: 11:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
His constituency elected a PDP into the house,tell me why after defecting to APC,they wont see him as a traitor?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 04, 2014
Dear Tambuwal, For every action there's a reaction
Things can either fall apart or the pieces falls into line
Its written in "Section 68 paragraph G" of the 1999 constitution, for the legislator to vacate office if the legislator dumps the party through which he was elected to the house.
Use ur head and do what is honourable not political. U fine pass those rubbish wey u dey put urself

26 Likes

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by barackodam: 2:37am On Dec 04, 2014
Ah!!!!!

Who cares BTW.

QUE SERA SERA
Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by nairalife2013(m): 2:54am On Dec 04, 2014
This young man I respected so much has joined the line up of those who wrongly but adamantly are bent on rubishing themselves... do things honourably now that itx not too late pls. Dont make your once promising future smaller than the past. Stop turning yur fire into a billowing smoke that would soon ultimately be lost in the wind leaving behind a mound of white or black ash, both of which may be useless items alas!

7 Likes

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 04, 2014
A political game of foot dragging sponsored by ..... Just keep watching as all cases triggered on Tambuwal issues including impeachment drags till conclusion of all primaries.
PDP always living in denial of existence of reality of loyalty of her elected members.

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by malali: 6:56am On Dec 04, 2014
B
Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by tolustx(m): 6:57am On Dec 04, 2014
Nice...
Nice because I no understand all dis law jargon. Pls can someone inter prete to me in english? I will appreciate dat.
Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by alotofgrace(m): 6:58am On Dec 04, 2014
I hope pdp understand dat they're only giving mallam tambuwa much popularity!

shoud he win a case pdp is dead in dat state.

however, d idea of sitting the IG in prison is like aiming a stone at the bird on twitter

6 Likes

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by reaky(m): 6:58am On Dec 04, 2014
We hear
Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by vickyozohu(f): 7:02am On Dec 04, 2014
nairalife2013:
This young man I respected so much has joined the line up of those who wrongly but adamantly are bent on rubishing themselves... do things honourably now that itx not too late pls. Dont make your once promising future smaller than the past. Stop turning yur fire into a billowing smoke that would soon ultimately be lost in the wind leaving behind a mound of white or black ash, both of which may be useless items alas!

I so agree with you, all of them are just busy falling my hands one after the other.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by ichommy(m): 7:03am On Dec 04, 2014
I taya o
Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2014
The more desperate PDP becomes, making different people join in the different court cases involving Tambuwal, the longer the cases take. If care is not taken, by the time the case(s) get(s) to the Supreme Court May 29, 2015 would have reached.

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by Opiosko: 7:06am On Dec 04, 2014
undecided
Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by tuffgongjo(m): 7:08am On Dec 04, 2014
Evryday different drama for naija polithiefry.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by p3ndy79: 7:14am On Dec 04, 2014
hahahahahaha the most foolish people are gathered in the PDP. When the substancial suit is left fallow and you now have counter suits on stay of proceedings and judicial mumbo jumbo without relevance. What you will get is adjournment and postponement. By the time the real case is called up, Tambuwal done finish 2nd term as governor of sokoto state in 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by crownwealth: 7:49am On Dec 04, 2014
p3ndy79:
hahahahahaha the most foolish people are gathered in the PDP. When the substancial suit is left fallow and you now have counter suits on stay of proceedings and judicial mumbo jumbo without relevance. What you will get is adjournment and postponement. By the time the real case is called up, Tambuwal done finish 2nd term as governor of sokoto state in 2023.

What is you

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal's Constituency Frustrate his legal case Against IG Of Police by Abbey2sam(m): 7:51am On Dec 04, 2014
Reading.................

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Condition Before We(niger Deltans) Support Biafra / Acho Ihim Defects To PDP / 2023: Igbo Youths Reply El-rufai On The Abolition Of Zoning System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.