Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots (49971 Views)

Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Smoke Shisha ( Pics ) / Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) / 14 American Celebrities That Doesn't Age Fast See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 8:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
Dominionng:
Dunno about his mum though. Snipes is from Anambra State

which Wesley Snipes? are there two of them? this guy have already been named in Cameroon long ago that was just after Eddy Murphy claims his Cameroon root.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
meanwhile Africans are here claiming they are sons and daughters of isaac and jacob.....

and then what wrong whit that, aren't they? I believe I'm one of them
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
olajide8:
Nigeria giant of africa since before colonisation- we were just raiding all the contries around us and were selling them into slavery- from cameroun to guinea- that now forms the reason why we are not liked by our neighbours, we have always been out smarting the other african countries-

are you really sober writing this, or you're just kidding
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
JiggamanGh:
Seems like majority are Cameroon descent. I was wtching YouTube videos of people that did the DNa test and lots of the results were mainly west african stocks. Majority were made of these 7 countries. Ivory/Ghana, Benin/Togo, Senegal, Cameroon/Congo and Nigeria stock and sometimes you will find one with little Senegalese d lineage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdpuGIZfR90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEDvimvH9qk

what means Ivory/Ghana? Benin/Togo, and not Benin/Nigeria or Nigeria/Congo? I know where this come from, I heard that the Comp. call ""Ancestry Composition of African American"" is biased maybe infiltrated to give more percentage to Nigeria. I watched some people complaining after taken a second test came out to be way different from what they first got from ""Ancestry Composition of African American"" I'm still looking into it though.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
chazim1:

lol

hahahahaha!! how someone looks Igbo and not Akan or Mendes. they (Igbos) have two noses? is there any special mark (micro puce) on Igbo face? some people are crazy out there. this person looks Igbo bla bla bla! a good looking or ugly Igbo is just like every other black African, nothing special about them as long they keep their mouth shut.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
sukkot:
i hear ya bruv but still doe, em dna tests is as bogus as a 2 dollar bill cheesy

you're wrong I did the research myself, on Google if you enter something like "African American Celebrities" tracing their African Ancestry "
Cameron get at least 04 to 07 in 10 results following by Sierra Leone. and if some want maybe to say that Nigeria contributed more slave back in the day, if you dig little more. the record shows that many Nigerian slaves were mostly revolted and worst, suicidal. before diseases, many were shot alone the way, from the Biafra shore to the farm on the work place overseas. its estimated that on 100 Nigerian slave, only between 55 to 70 made it touching other shore between what many continue to pay for their rebellious attitude, and did not make it to have children. that maybe some how explain a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 4:13am On Aug 25, 2016
Safe to say Cameroonian slaves were the ones transported to the united states.

not only Cameroon slave, many other slaves too. the record shows that the Bamileke and Tikar Cameroon slaves were the HD maybe the Caviar of slave. they describe them to be bodily well build, white teeth some how more obedient and more put, and less sick. its said that some of slave master went on not to even mix them with other slave to avoid any disease contamination. that is why the Tikar/Bamileke were mostly for the best market in north America. and they knew how to hold their statute being slave. some even went to offer a deal to their masters. as soon they could speak fluently, they liked to cut a limited number of year of hard work to reach their freedom in a contract if you can call it so in exchange of some high productivities in the farm grin cheesy smileywhatever they were put to do. strategy that pay off for them as many made it to raise families. meanwhile other slaves women and men, were ready to die trying to take control at the first chance, or run and be hunted down and hang. cheesy cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 4:24am On Aug 25, 2016
that is not true Michelle Obama trace her root in Guinea. go and and check it again they're both travelling there this year. in
GHKWAME1:
Very instructive to note that Michelle Obama traces her root to northern Ghana,(forgot the tribe), she did not need a DNA to confirm this since their ancestors passed down their tribe name from generations.

1 Like

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 9:07pm On May 15, 2017
I don't know wat to blive anymore Sha..

hahahahahaha!! funny isn't?
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 8:40pm On May 22, 2017
JiggamanGh:

He looks Igbo. He knew it before he even took the test.

hahahahahahahaha!!

is that means the most ugly you stand more Igbo root chances?? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Konquest: 8:33am On Jan 10, 2018

Lol, I think the OP just selected the ones from mostly Cameroun. And the ones from Sierra Leone might be Nigerians. Blair Underwood has both Nigeria and Cameroun in his ancestry, and you need to understand that before Nigeria, folks from that side of Cameroun were intertwined with their neighbours from that axis of Nigeria. Colonialism divided them

Anyway, majority of those tested, always get Nigeria as the ancestry.

Nas, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Forrest Whitaker, Prof. Henry Louis Gates, Gary Younge, Evander Holyfield, Angela Bassett, Judge Hatchett, Jackson family etc. traced theirs to Nigeria.
^^^^^^
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Konquest: 9:02am On Jan 10, 2018
shamiraaa:

You're wrong I did the research myself, on Google if you enter something like "African American Celebrities" tracing their African Ancestry "

Cameroon got at least 4 to 7 in 10 results followed by Sierra Leone. and if some want maybe to say that Nigeria contributed more slave back in the day, if you dig little more. the record shows that many Nigerian slaves mostly revolted and worst, suicidal. before diseases, many were shot along the way, from the former Biafra bight shore to the farm on the work place overseas. its estimated that on 100 Nigerian slave, only between 55 to 70 made it touching other shore between what many continue to pay for their rebellious attitude, and did not make it to have children. That may some how explain a lot.
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
This is quite correct. For e.g. Ibos were known
for committing SUICIDE by hanging or some
other means. From the historical archives
I read almost 30 years ago[1989/1990] the white slave buyers/owners
started REJECTING Ibos because of this
suicidal tendency in places such as the U.S and Jamaica.

American and English slave ships used to
come in the late 1700s to Bonny Island
and they kept written records of their
transactions while the Ijaws served as
middle men - making fantastic returns
along with the Aros who brought mainly
Ibo captives and others from the interior.
4 out of 5 of those taken as captives annually
from Bonny Island according to the
written records of an American slave
ship captain were Ibo in the late 1700s!

New arrivals also had the fear that they were
going to be eaten/cannibalised and it
propably contributed to the drowning/stampede that is now called Ebo landing
as a result of fear. The white guys who
brought them said there was panic
among those who survived the voyage
to America with some getting drowned
but others survived.

The death toll was very high on those
EVIL slave ships.

However, Rev. T.D. Jakes' family had the story
passed down that his paternal grandmother
was of "Eboe"/Ibo origin... and when Jakes did the
DNA test in the late 2006 the test tallied
with Ibo in Nigeria. His maternal line
came from one of the West African
countries which I can't recall off hand.

Hope this helps.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 25, 2018
2cato:
If you believe these stories for the gods then you will believe that the sky was once touchable by men.
Nonetheless
Evander hollyfield is from badagry lagos nigeria. He is even making attempt to build a house and hotels.
Mike tyson is a Yoruba man from present day ile-ife.
Wesly snips is an igbo man with a mother from benin kingdom

Try to learn that there are things u don't know. That u don't have knowledge of an issue doesn't make it false.

Bishop TD jakes have paid historians n they traced his ancestry to Anambra state,He said it himself in videos u can find online.

Wesley snipes is not just an Igbo man by mouth, He has come back to his Ancestral home in Anambra n even received a chieftaincy title to that effect. He's from Onitsha.

And very many more.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 25, 2018
Konquest:

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
This is quite correct. For e.g. Ibos were known
for committing SUICIDE by hanging or some
other means. From the historical archives
I read almost 30 years ago[1989/1990] the white slave buyers/owners
suicidal tendency in places such as the U.S and Jamaica.

American and English slave ships used to
come in the late 1700s to Bonny Island
and they kept written records of their
transactions while the Ijaws served as
middle men - making fantastic returns
along with the Aros who brought mainly
Ibo captives and others from the interior.
4 out of 5 of those taken as captives annually
from Bonny Island according to the
written records of an American slave
ship captain were Ibo in the late 1700s!

New arrivals also had the fear that they were
going to be eaten/cannibalised and it
propably contributed to the drowning/stampede that is now called Ebo landing
as a result of fear. The white guys who
brought them said there was panic
among those who survived the voyage
to America with some getting drowned
but others survived.

The death toll was very high on those
EVIL slave ships.

However, Rev. T.D. Jakes' family had the story
passed down that his paternal grandmother
was of "Eboe"/Ibo origin... and when Jakes did the
DNA test in the late 2006 the test tallied
with Ibo in Nigeria. His maternal line
came from one of the West African
countries which I can't recall off hand.

Hope this helps.

ur post has many falsehoods.

"" slave buyers/owners
suicidal tendency in places such as the U.S and Jamaica.""

Igbo sales were hot cakes because they were extremely intelligent. In fact it got to a stage where slave owners stopped allowing their Igbo slaves to mingle with other slaves because igbos will corrupt them with "knowledge".

Igbo slaves were notorious for gaining their freedom in record speed as a result of their intelligence n ability to make money even as slaves.

Pls read about the Igbo landing again, The info u dropped on it is very faulty.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 25, 2018
shamiraaa:

which Wesley Snipes? are there two of them? this guy have already been named in Cameroon long ago that was just after Eddy Murphy claims his Cameroon root.
Wesley snipes identified as Igbo from Anambra state n have even come to Igbo land n collected a chieftaincy title. I clearly remember this event,it was some years after my secondary school days.

His title is Ikemba ndi Mbaukwu.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 25, 2018
fr3do:
Bishop Jakes is an Igbo man grin
There are available videos where he said it himself.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by fr3do(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2018
PrecisionFx:

There are available videos where he said it himself.

I made that comment 4 years back, even then I didn't doubt that the bishop is igbo, I was just fascinated
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
fr3do:

I made that comment 4 years back, even then I didn't doubt that the bishop is igbo, I was just fascinated

Ok.

The smiley u used was that one that looks like rodent with rabbit teeth grin, It signifies more of mischief n mockery.

I understand u now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Davido: "You Fool, My Unborn Daughter's Future Brighter Than Your Own" / Nigerians Blast Afia Schwarzenegger For Advising Them Against Voting For Buhari / Comedian Jedi Ayo Proposes To Girlfriend (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.