Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,580 members, 7,820,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Anambra State Community Association In Thailand: An Exemplary Community Life - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Anambra State Community Association In Thailand: An Exemplary Community Life (979 Views)

Police Van Transporting Blocks In Anambra State (photos) / Nigerian Community Association Thailand: A Revival Mission / The Richest Man In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra State Community Association In Thailand: An Exemplary Community Life by vomme(m): 6:19am On Dec 04, 2014
My tenure as the President of Anambra Community Association in Thailand (ASCAT) happened to be the greatest and one of the most valuable moments in my life in Thailand. I would have missed it all if I had not accepted the leadership when all the members came en masse to ask me to lead them. I was never interested because I had rejected their request to position me as the next leader of the Nigerian Community Association in Thailand in 2011. However my consistent rejection was almost creating the impression as if I am running away from the community activities which I had loved so much, then, I agreed. The point here is that I have realized that I would have missed the greatest opportunity in my life to learn how to practically coordinate a group of people with diverse interests. In all, I came out with a more positive outlook in life than ever. Thus I have every reason to agree that Anambra State Community Association in Thailand (ASCAT) is indeed an exemplary figure.

In the constitution of ASCAT, we boldly agreed and stated that we the Anambra people, domiciled in the Kingdom of Thailand, aware of our common ancestral heritage, and recognizing our lineage to the Anambra people of Nigeria, decided voluntarily to come together to consolidate our unity as one people, and solemnly resolve to constitute the Anambra State Community Association, Thailand (ASCAT). We went further to mention that our aim is to promote the legitimate interest and welfare of our members, and enjoy the fellowship of one another through membership, guided by a deep sense of trust, honesty, integrity, and love for ourselves and our homeland. Thus we gather every last Saturday of every month to affirm, to uphold and promote Anambra traditions and cultural values, while encouraging the highest levels of professionalism and respect for and from each member within the laws of the Kingdom of Thailand. Our members are mainly responsible Nigerians who are doing very well and are acting within the stipulation of the law of land in their various professional fields and endeavors. This is indeed and exemplary community lifestyle.

Therefore, fellow citizens of Anambra State, on behalf of the old executives, we strongly encourage you to continuously attend ASCAT meetings which are devoted to all the loving people of the Anambra, especially those of you that have optimistically recognized with the daily struggles we go through here in Thailand. We welcome you with open arms, with the hope that your experience in Thailand in conjunction with the association shall add to your concern about the hardworking, enthusiastic, sincere and friendly people of Anambra in Thailand. We pray that the resources of this “Land of Smiles” with her rich history will grant you all that you desire. May you be rewarded financially, emotionally, spiritually and intellectually. We hereby inspire you to attend the monthly meetings so that you can maximize all the benefits the Anambra gathering in Thailand has to offer. It is our belief that the present executives will do better than past executives in order to move the association forward.

As an archetypal community in Thailand, Anambra is and will continue to be the “light of the nation”. Anambrarians in Thailand remain the “entryway” to almost all remarkable developments among Nigerians in Thailand. Great Nigerians in Thailand have emerged from Anambra people ranging from Lecturers, teachers, students, business people and footballers to mention a few. This goes to support the idea that Ndi Anambra are open minded, loyal and disposed to work with others for the common good. Anambrarians in Thailand have to be the best because we naturally promote meritocracy, a system that gives chances and rewards to people on the ground of their skills rather than their prosperity or superiority. Let our strength empower us than our weakness will do.

ASCAT is unlocked and presented to all Anambra citizens in Thailand who wish to move forward the welfare of the Anambra people. Our membership is based on individual registration and participation. The officers of these associations are drawn from able men and women with a history of long and dedicated service to humanity. Success is recorded due to professional input of Anambra office holders. This is the main reason for the rapid growth of Anambra Community and wide spread reputation all over the world. Permit me to extend my genuine admiration and appreciation to the founders and all the past officials in this association for building the strong groundwork that we are presently sitting on. They have indeed made a powerful and energetic organization. Ours is to continue from where they stopped.

Historically, our parents were good and charitable neighbors, creative, ingenious, resourceful, society builders; always expand and improve the community they reside in, extensively travelled, and always in connection with the village. Our goal is to maintain, sustain, and hand over these high principles to the next generation. We are not ready to fail them. In our effort to meet these goals, we are appealing all to join ASCAT, especially those of you who truly care for humanity, since our aim is centered on the improvement of the quality of life globally. ASCAT needs your skills in all areas because ASCAT is a new association. The association needs your assistance, educationally, financially, politically, and otherwise. Let us therefore look beyond Thailand and mic-politics of the day, let us think of the great state, the “Light of the Nation” and how we can work within this association to make Thailand a better place for all Anambrarians in order to live up to our name as, “The Light of the Nation”.

One of the objectives of this most essential gathering in Bangkok remains “to promote and foster cultural awareness, cooperation, respect and unity amongst fellow members and promote harmony, peace and cross-cultural understanding with the Thai people”. This association is needed today more than ever taking into account the amount of problems facing Anambra people today, particularly from our tattered image to lack of basic security, information and education which is responsible for the high level of joblessness, malfeasance and abject poverty. Reflect deeply and ask yourself, why are Anambrarians in Thailand? Then figure out the answer. I guess most of us would say, Ndi Anambra are in Thailand for a better and well improved lifestyle which Thailand provides for all.

Therefore, we are encouraging all Anambrarians in this Kingdom who share the ASCAT dream and procedures to join this great association so that we can all work together jointly to help develop Anambra and our Diaspora Community. Anambra State will continue to be ‘The Light of the Nation”, if most of us in Thailand that are performing dazzlingly in good health and are ready to throw in our knowledge and know-how in the growth of the State. The State belongs to all of us. We have no other place but “The Light of the Nation” President John F. Kennedy once said, “Think not of what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.”

I look ahead to your unalloyed participation as an active member of ASCAT and working with you in the development of Anambra and its future. You all deserve a lasting accolade. We really appreciate your moral support. As you are all aware that this association is a non-profit association, the new executives still need you financially to execute all their legitimate projects for the year both here in Thailand and in Anambra State, Nigeria. Permit me to extend my genuine honor, respect, admiration and appreciation to the Nigerian Ambassador, His Excellency, Ambassador Chukwudi N. Okafor for building the strong peaceful groundwork that many Nigerians are presently sitting on, in the Royal Kingdom of Thailand. He has indeed demonstrated to be an exemplary Ambassador. To cap it all the Federal Government of Nigeria conferred on him the Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON) in recognition of his distinguished leadership and service to our country Nigeria. He is also “onye Anambra”.

My thanks also go to Mr. Emmanuel Nwufo, Mr. Ezeneche Uzochukwu, Mr. Emechebe Mobis, Mr. Paulo Ezimora, Mr. Olisa Ezeoji, Mr. Jude Okafor, Mr. Christian Okechukwu, Mr Egwuonwu Issac, Mr. Ugonna Anyadubalu, Mr. Ufondu Chuka, Mr. Peter Nwachukwu, Mr. Ikenna Ahaiwe and many others for their indescribable supports financially, spiritually and morally. My tenure would not have recorded the required success if not your support. Your support had encouraged me to take up the chairmanship of the constitution committee in 2011, which saw it that the constitution was written and finally published (and launched) to help guide the behavior and conduct of ASCAT members.

Therefore, my tenure was able to achieve much because of your support. My tenure also helped to reposition the association into the global scene because of your unalloyed succor. It is now incumbent on all the members to follow up the contact which my tenure had established with the Anambra State Government Awka. Anyone without a home or a community is equivalent to a demented fellow; therefore, begin to explore the link between ASCAT and the State Government in a manner that will encourage development in our State. My greatest joy is that I was able to complete my tenure as agreed on the first day the mantle of leadership was given to me. My next step will be to support the legitimate progress of the association by supporting the new executives to achieve what I never did in order to move the association forward.

In a manner typical of any responsible community, when I was at the helm of affairs, I was praised, admired, celebrated and applauded when there was the need. In the same vein, I was also chastised, rebuked and insulted when there was need. The essence of human nature and human community lifestyle are all demonstrated during my tenure, but, the love and support I experienced from all the Anambrarians during my tenure had left me to conclude that indeed Anambra State Community Association Thailand (ASCAT) is undeniably an exemplary community life. Peace in the Lord!

Emmanuel Nweke Okafor is the former President of Anambra State Community Association Thailand (ASCAT). He led the Anambra Community in Thailand from August 2012- October 2014. He is also a Supervisor in the Language Lab Center in Siam University. He can be contacted via his email address okaforemma@ yahoo.com.
Re: Anambra State Community Association In Thailand: An Exemplary Community Life by extrovert6(m): 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
Great one!
I'm to attend a conference in Thailand, Bangkok,
Please I need the procedure to follow, and the documents required with the cost ,
Thanks
Re: Anambra State Community Association In Thailand: An Exemplary Community Life by vomme(m): 3:05am On Dec 19, 2014
extrovert6:
Great one!
I'm to attend a conference in Thailand, Bangkok,
Please I need the procedure to follow, and the documents required with the cost ,
Thanks

The best way to know the procedures is to visit the website of Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria. Only the embassy of Thailand has the official information you need. (http://www.thaiembassynigeria.com/eng/)

(1) (Reply)

Free Working Airtel. 700mb / Failed Delivery: Order 303287296 / When My Friends Take Extra Sheets During An Examination (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.