Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Inspiration From The First Obstetric Scan Pic Of My Son - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inspiration From The First Obstetric Scan Pic Of My Son (649 Views)

Check Out My Son @1 / Picture Of My Son Preparing For School For The First Time / Is My Son's School "Over Teaching?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspiration From The First Obstetric Scan Pic Of My Son by d3lko2i: 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
Last night (Tuesday), I was trying to put some documents in place as part of my preparation for an appointment scheduled for today (Wednesday) when I saw the first obstetric scan picture of my son which was captured several months before he was born. I paused for God knows how long, smiling and acknowledging how great God is and how faithful He has been to my family.

Looking at my five months old son [is it coincidental that he is exactly five months old today?] sleeping peacefully without any care in the world, I smiled again. This time, my dear wife 'caught' me smiling, she then noticed the ultrasound pic that I was looking at. Then I found my voice and we started talking about the unborn baby that was an expectation and the son that is the manifestation of that expectation.

It brought back memories of that wonderful day at the scan room of the radiology department of the hospital. Immediately I saw the image of the scan on the monitor, I felt an instant connection, bond and an unconditional love that I just can't explain [same goes for my lovely Princess, Anita], every time I remember the experience, all I do is just smile.

The connection was so instant and 'wonderful' that I saw my own image and likeness, and since I am God's image and likeness, I also saw God's image and likeness in my baby's scan picture. I also somehow 'knew' instantly that we were going to have a son - I was faster than the sonographer and the scanning technology! [It took about eight more weeks (at the second scan) for them to identify and confirm the sex of the baby]

From the moment I saw the scan picture till the time I woke up this morning, the voice I heard just wont stop repeating the message it delivered, the message was repeated over and over again..... "Before I formed you in the belly, I knew (and approved of) you; And before you came out of your mother's womb, I consecrated you (set you apart for a unique purpose or assignment).

At least two things crossed my mind. First, I thought about the proponents of abortion and I shook my head. If only they knew that GOD KNOWS....!

Secondly, it hit me again that God knows everyone of us. He knows the number of strands of hair on our head. He is mindful of us, His thoughts for us are thoughts of peace and He approved of us even before we were conscious of ourselves. God's approval is the ultimate!

It's okay for people to criticize and/or advise us, but it's a grave error for people to make conclusions about us just because they know about our past mistakes, background, weaknesses or areas where we may be vulnerable. It's an error for people to try to box us, leave us for "dead" and/or "bury" us.

Question: Why?

Answer: Because We are divine seeds AND We already have divine approval.

Seeking whatever kind of approval from such persons (destructive critics, emotional bullies, abusers and blackmailers) is a colossal waste of time and effort.

"They tried to bury us. They didn't know We were seeds" - 'Mexican Proverb'

If only they knew!

God knows us, has approved of us, and is mindful of us! His Approval is the Ultimate!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inspiration From The First Obstetric Scan Pic Of My Son by holatin(m): 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
hmmmmmm I love this.
Tanx to my mum for not aborting me
Re: Inspiration From The First Obstetric Scan Pic Of My Son by d3lko2i: 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
holatin:
hmmmmmm I love this.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Man That Beat His Wife For Greeting A Pastor / May God Help Us / Periodic Table Of Elements Of Human Beings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.