Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH (19945 Views)

Help!!! I Was Duped Of One Hundred Thousand Naira / British Woman Duped Of £1.6m By Nigerian Fraudsters Via Online Dating Site (Pic) / 'Alfa duped female Doctor In Search Of Pregnancy and Money Ritual’ (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Trendy247: 9:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
Marc9:

U said ur bag was zipped, so how did A4 cut to size paper get inside ur bag unopened, or uncut ? How did the money also vanish? Are u sure u're nt on haloperidol medication?
Maybe u're one of those studying in france who probably haven't heard abt jazz

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by kpolli(m): 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
So you withdrew N465,000 and you then entered a taxi with other occupants... Well seems you were feeling generous

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Gboliwe: 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2014
Trendy247:

the guy i was supposed to pay told me his account was no longer active, so that was the only way i cud pay him...
About d money turning to plain paper, i've never heard of it nor seen it b4 dat day.. but it happened.. Very soon u'll get to hear from other ppl because i biliv they'll dupe more ppl.

He was going to receive over N400k and he doesn't have an active bank account? In this century? Strange. Anyway, next time you meet such a customer, let him follow you to the bank or meet you there. Withdraw the money and pay him in the banking hall and move on. At Any point in time you shouldn't be carrying that much sum around.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by eleko1: 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
undecided undecided sad Wetin I do?
brito:

Thank God for his safety sha
Ok but take am easy
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by niceG: 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
Bros no vex, which eco bank. From eco bank I know to slaughter is less than 10 mins trek. From d one @ waja to slaughter Bros no lonely drive or path. Coming from any where: LNG Rd, odili Rd name it. This na story for d gods.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Adedeji013(m): 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
What the op said is true.... I was also a victim of such, sometimes around august along Rumukusi PHC. I came out from diamond bank to make a transaction. Then I took a taxi going to 2nd Artillery, I sat in d front seat with a guy and three guys at the back seat of the taxi. Exactly wat d op said happened, when the driver said I should re-close the door, already i was having my laptop bag wf my lappy inside on my lap. I did that and the guy next to me assisted, then he pretended as if the door jammed his hand and screamed, there I was told to drop that he would pay for my seat. I alighted and took a bus. As I got down from the bus. I jst said I should open my bag. Imagine what I saw. Your guess is as good as mine. I saw a marble of the same size with my laptop. I thougt it a stage drama but it was real. I was told thats what they do, the use charms to convert valuables to irrelevant things. I regretted my movement that day.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Gozieobasi: 10:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
Marc9:

U seem like a script writer! Ur story doesn't make real sense at all! His account his dormant? So money can't be transferred into a dormant account and later re-activated abi? Or what happened to cheque?

U said ur bag was zipped, so how did A4 cut to size paper get inside ur bag unopened, or uncut ? How did the money also vanish? Are u sure u're nt on haloperidol medication?
hold brake there, you no see some posters wey dey talk say it happen to there frnd and some to there boss, u may choose not to believe until it happen to u.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Trendy247: 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
niceG:
Bros no vex, which eco bank. From eco bank I know to slaughter is less than 10 mins trek. From d one @ waja to slaughter Bros no lonely drive or path. Coming from any where: LNG Rd, odili Rd name it. This na story for d gods.
The road was blocked, so the driver decided to divert just lyk other taxis did.
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Gozieobasi: 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
Trendy247:

Maybe u're one of those studying in france who probably haven't heard abt jazz
no mind am.
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by dastudent(m): 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
If it truly happened it's just hypnotic redirection that they did.They actually took your bag but made you loose time and space for a few seconds.Its complicated small.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by geogino(m): 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
Guy,this is so true. I have a friend that hd a similar experience. Its rampant alond trans amadi-slaughter-woji road.
Gboliwe:

Or Boniface. . .

@topic, what a story! If they'd just stolen the money, I'd understand but with this addition of A4 paper? I don't buy it. Moreover, why would you carry such sum on you? You be ATM? Are we not supposed to be in a cashless economy?

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by tr3y(m): 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
If they possess the power for real why don't they just go the nearest ATM and steal millions na.
I don't believe it though.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Sunnymatey(m): 10:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
When coming out frm a bank wit cash, dont ever enter a taxi that stop fr u, rather move a litle futher stop one an enter. Or on the contrary pick a drop. With common sense u can avoid this kind of scenerio.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by samtol4(m): 10:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
Trendy247:

like i said earlier, i'm not here to convince anybody... Just to create awareness.
About the swearing aspect, i can only say if wat i'm saying is the truth, let it happen to you also @least u'll com here and lie abt it too
Sorry for the incident ,God will replenish you.I totally agree with your story .Many years ago I got admission in one of the Universities in the East .I travelled from Lagos to school with school fees intact in my traveling bag,behold when I got home to remove the money everything was paper ! The only money that didn't turn to paper was those inside my jean trouser. IT IS REAL
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by dhtml(m): 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
If you carry that kind of money next time, just take a taxi drop or something
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by nebukadnezzari(m): 10:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
Nigga you have just been hit with one of the oldest trick in the book of con. That trick is called THE ALMIGHTY JAMAICAN SWITCH.

NOTE. NEVER BOARD A TAXI ONCE YOU LEAVE THE BANK, WALK UP STREET A LITTLE AND SELECT THE TAXI YOURSELF.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
100Cents:

This cashless stuff has limits nah.

Like yesterday, I went to purchase an item from one importer. Naira to dollar slide has affected the price. Which kind cashless do you wanna do with an Igbo man importer ? He has no POS in his office and you wan come dey form bank transfer with your smartphone abi ? Cashless is theoretical, not practical. I have only accepted such payment twice. Unless you are dealing with a close acquaintance..
And I see no tangible reason why a business man/woman shouldn't have a POS undecided undecided... It's highly needed for daily transactions..

And must you cite examples with an Igbo man undecided undecided? 100cents, take time oo tongue tongue
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Trendy247: 10:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
samtol4:
Sorry for the incident ,God will replenish you.I totally agree with your story .Many years ago I got admission in one of the Universities in the East .I travelled from Lagos to school with school fees intact in my traveling bag,behold when I got home to remove the money everything was paper ! The only money that didn't turn to paper was those inside my jean trouser. IT IS REAL
tnx bro
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
For the doubting thomas.

Its real,It happened to me. On Dec.23rd,2011.

I was hypnotized,and #17k was collected from me.

The man showed me a small paper with an address written on it,that was the last thing I could remember. The money was meant for xmas shopping in Lagos island..I had to go meet my finacee's mum to lend me some money
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by victorazy(m): 10:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
Trendy247:

I took the paper to church, besides its not compulsory for u to believe. I'm just sharing the story so that ppl can learn from it. I didn't hav the priviledge to learn from som1 else experience.

Sorry for that bros!
Things like this happen everyday but is unfortunate u never heard of it.
This type is called "Swap"
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by onadana: 10:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
winkAre you a learner...21st century...2014....you fall for a stunt like that...bro...are you in NAIJA.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Trendy247: 10:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
patfem:
Eyah what a pathetic story. May God refund d money back to u in double fold IJN AMEN
tnx
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
I believe you, it happened to my mum back then at jos
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by deavicky(m): 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
hardywaltz:
Pictures of the A4 paper cut to size of money inside the bag or
I call u Linus..
the dude is not lying I'm living witness to such scene my colleague in the office had the same experience his money was replaced with tissue paper Still is this PH

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Redstone(m): 10:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
Thank God you were not hurt. Those guys are dangerous.
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by eleko1: 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
niceG:
grin
niceG:
abeg,nor wundjure me wit laff..ASK AM THE NAME OF THE PASTOR WEY HE CONTACT
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by nebukadnezzari(m): 10:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
Adedeji013:
What the op said is true.... I was also a victim of such, sometimes around august along Rumukusi PHC. I came out from diamond bank to make a transaction. Then I took a taxi going to 2nd Artillery, I sat in d front seat with a guy and three guys at the back seat of the taxi. Exactly wat d op said happened, when the driver said I should re-close the door, already i was having my laptop bag wf my lappy inside on my lap. I did that and the guy next to me assisted, then he pretended as if the door jammed his hand and screamed, there I was told to drop that he would pay for my seat. I alighted and took a bus. As I got down from the bus. I jst said I should open my bag. Imagine what I saw. Your guess is as good as mine. I saw a marble of the same size with my laptop. I thougt it a stage drama but it was real. I was told thats what they do, the use charms to convert valuables to irrelevant things. I regretted my movement that day.

Elm bro you were hit with the same trick from the scam book it is what they call THE JAMAICAN SWITCH this how it works
1 A diversion: something to take your mind off the valuable you are carrying for just a split second, mind you your bag had already been opened halfway. REMEMBER YOU WERE TOLD TO OPEN THE DOOR AND JAM IT BACK WELL.
2. Assistance: as u moved ur focus and opened d door, ur bag was zipped open then as the other passangers supposedly assisted u in closing it, that was when ur lappy was switched with marble

Note:IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH JAZZ. MAYBE IF YOU WATCH MAGIC SHOWS PERFORMED ON THE STREETS OF USA BY CRISS YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
ifeegee:

few years ago, my brother joined a taxi with the same passenger formation as op's,
between games village and sun city, he had his laptop in a backpack.
They managed to exchange his system with a well cut out plank that is same size with his laptop.
How they did it, he still can't explain till date.

Two years ago, this same tale happened to me except it was just after the bridge at Onitsha and it was a bus. They put iron inside my bag and it felt just like my brand new laptop which was just 3days old.

I was on my way back from home where it was transported from Lagos.

Till now I don't exactly know how it happened, I feel I was jazzed or something.

Chai, that lappy pain me sha because I bought it with my hard earned NYSC allowee.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by cupidhero(m): 10:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
Director this your case is serious! This is advanced magic. God forbid this happening to me,i might be tempted into going to ahaoda to find out where they took my money to. Thank God you are alive,criminals with that level of juju could hypnotise you into following them to the dark corners of PH.
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by 100Cents: 10:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
And I see no tangible reason why a business man/woman shouldn't have a POS undecided undecided... It's highly needed for daily transactions..

And must you cite examples with an Igbo man undecided undecided? 100cents, take time oo tongue tongue

I am an Igbo man too..

From Ijebu ode..
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by ruffhandu: 10:54pm On Dec 04, 2014
Trendy247:

dat wasn't the first tym i pay som1 in cash so i didn't see dat as an issue.

Not your first time does not make it right bro. A lot of advice has been offered you here, take heed to them.
Insist on any of the following:
Do a transfer
Issue a chq
Take the person to the bank if he insists on cash
Wave the taxi you need, don't let them stop for you, especially if you just came out of a bank
Above all, draw closer to God and be spiritually alert always

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Trendy247: 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2014
ruffhandu:

Not your first time does not make it right bro. A lot of advice has been offered you here, take heed to them.
Insist on any of the following:
Do a transfer
Issue a chq
Take the person to the bank if he insists on cash
Wave the taxi you need, don't let them stop for you, especially if you just came out of a bank
Above all, draw closer to God and be spiritually alert always

noted.. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Carer In UK Faces Lengthy Jail Sentence For Abandoning Autistic Lady / Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project / Couple Declared Missing In Kogi After They Went To Visit Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.