Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH (19955 Views)

Help!!! I Was Duped Of One Hundred Thousand Naira / British Woman Duped Of £1.6m By Nigerian Fraudsters Via Online Dating Site (Pic) / 'Alfa duped female Doctor In Search Of Pregnancy and Money Ritual’ (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by delishpot: 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2014
Chei bros, sorry oooo. What a hard thing! Na wa sha. Abeg, people should be careful o. I remember my madam once went to visit someone in Amakohia Owerri. On her way back, a taxi stopped and she entered after confirming it was going her way. She said she then noticed that the door had no handle from inside one can only open from outside and the windows were wound up.she noticed as soon as she entered too that teo men sat in front with the driver and one man sat behind. She became suspecious cos why will two grown men squeeze in front when there is only one passanger behind. She also noticed they sounded familiar with the driver too. She then quickly asked the driver to let her out cos she wasnt going again. He then said why? She said cos the door was missing the handle to open and she cant do wahala to open door. So they should let her come down and sit in front( she said this to make them calm down and feel she is still entering the car) so he said ok and one of the passangers inFront came down and helped her open the door behind. She came down and said she is no more entering the front and wont enter the car. So they just zoomed off. She was even 4 months pregnant then. We thank God it wasnt your head they wanted esp with mber month here.
Sorry bros.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Sleekyshuga(f): 11:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
100Cents:

I am an Igbo man too..

From Ijebu ode..
grin grin.. Funny u.. You better ask well tongue tongue..
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by nebukadnezzari(m): 11:10pm On Dec 04, 2014
AFTER BEING HIT BY ONLINE SCAM (CHAI MONEY WEY DEM USE BRIBE ME DURING ELECTION) I SPENT THE NEXT 2 YRS STUDING ALL ADO ABOUT SCAM AND STREET MAGIC TRICKS. IT OPENED MY EYES TO THE UNDERWORLD EVERYDAY CON. THOSE GUYS GUYS NO DEY USE JUJU, IF NA JUJU DEM DEY USE BANKS WONT FUNCTION IN NIGERIA AND THEM GO DEY FORBES LIST (THEM GRIFTERS). THEY HAVE BEEN LONG IN THE GAME SAY 6-10 YRS. NOW ABOUT HOW THEY KNOW YOU ARE CARRING VALUABLES, ITS ALL IN YOUR BODY LANGUAGE. YOU ARE EITHER HUGGING YOUR BAG TOO TIGHT OR DOING OCCATIONAL ROUTINE CHECKS. THOSE DUDES ARE HARDCORE MENTALISTS.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
Gboliwe:

He was going to receive over N400k and he doesn't have an active bank account? In this century? Strange. Anyway, next time you meet such a customer, let him follow you to the bank or meet you there. Withdraw the money and pay him in the banking hall and move on. At Any point in time you shouldn't be carrying that much sum around.
Best advice in such unavoidable situation also when someone want to one large sum of if it can't be through cheque or transfer (at least a nearest ATM can do the magic) let the person pay u in banking hall.
LET US ALL EMBRACED ELECTRONIC MEANS OF PAYMENT.
As for entering a car always allow over four cars that stop for drop to go before personally stop a car in that case you might have escape the watching fraudster.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by pablus: 11:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
haba lol!!! i keenly read the story until i got to the last part.
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Thebrightest(m): 11:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
nebukadnezzari:

Elm bro you were hit with the same trick from the scam book it is what they call THE JAMAICAN SWITCH this how it works
1 A diversion: something to take your mind off the valuable you are carrying for just a split second, mind you your bag had already been opened halfway. REMEMBER YOU WERE TOLD TO OPEN THE DOOR AND JAM IT BACK WELL.
2. Assistance: as u moved ur focus and opened d door, ur bag was zipped open then as the other passangers supposedly assisted u in closing it, that was when ur lappy was switched with marble

Note:IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH JAZZ. MAYBE IF YOU WATCH MAGIC SHOWS PERFORMED ON THE STREETS OF USA BY CRISS YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
You have said it all bro.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by holusormi(m): 11:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
I believe you @op ,, I normally wouldn't have believed it but it happened to a friend of mine in calabar ,, we were both going to ogoja and somehow somehow ,, 500k turned to paper , i was flabbergasted and overwhelmed and ,,,,, ( continue the rest )
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by DonaldGenes(m): 11:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
bunmioguns:
Life paints a picture that time can't erase

And sometimes it cuts like a knife

Sooner or later one way or another

We all wear the tattoos of life.

Oga, this your idiom do do, Oya come de go

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by DonaldGenes(m): 11:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
holusormi:
I believe you @op ,, I normally wouldn't have believed it but it happened to a friend of mine in calabar ,, we were both going to ogoja and somehow somehow ,, 500k turned to paper , i was flabbergasted and overwhelmed and ,,,,, ( continue the rest )
Oga, come continue am.abeg before I vex
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by dovemart(m): 11:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
hardywaltz:
Pictures of the A4 paper cut to size of money inside the bag or
I call u Linus..
Bros, that story is as real as ever. I never believed it until I saw a Hausa woman who ran back into a Zenith Bank at CFC Bustop, Port Harcourt, crying that she had cash paid by the teller but all she could see were pieces of papers. She ran mad infact. It's real... We all have to be more than careful.
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by bunmioguns(m): 11:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
DonaldGenes:

Oga, this your idiom do do, Oya come de go

grin

Na lyrics of a song o
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by droid007: 11:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
op, I believe you. same thing happened to me

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by DonaldGenes(m): 12:00am On Dec 05, 2014
Adedeji013:
What the op said is true.... I was also a victim of such, sometimes around august along Rumukusi PHC. I came out from diamond bank to make a transaction. Then I took a taxi going to 2nd Artillery, I sat in d front seat with a guy and three guys at the back seat of the taxi. Exactly wat d op said happened, when the driver said I should re-close the door, already i was having my laptop bag wf my lappy inside on my lap. I did that and the guy next to me assisted, then he pretended as if the door jammed his hand and screamed, there I was told to drop that he would pay for my seat. I alighted and took a bus. As I got down from the bus. I jst said I should open my bag. Imagine what I saw. Your guess is as good as mine. I saw a marble of the same size with my laptop. I thougt it a stage drama but it was real. I was told thats what they do, the use charms to convert valuables to irrelevant things. I regretted my movement that day.

Oh boy
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Jarus(m): 12:00am On Dec 05, 2014
fellis:
Lies. The bank workers were in on it.

Sister, this cannot be a lie. Okay, very unlikely to be a lie.

Like 10 different independent people have confirmed similar occurrence on this same thread.

If the bank workers knew, what do we say of the guy whose elder brother was carrying 58k for school fees, not from a bank, but from the house. What do we say of about 3 people that have also confirmed cases of their laptops turning into objects, same scenarios? These guys posted independently. Could all of them be lying too?

These things happen. I believe that's some jazz (babalawo aided by jinns).
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by DonaldGenes(m): 12:01am On Dec 05, 2014
dastudent:
If it truly happened it's just hypnotic redirection that they did.They actually took your bag but made you loose time and space for a few seconds.Its complicated small.
I wouldn't mind you elucidating more
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Jarus(m): 12:08am On Dec 05, 2014
As for me. I no dey do cash wey pass 50k again. Anything above 50k, transfer to your account. I no dey carry cash again.

The last time I went to buy car parts of about 600k in Ladipo Market. I no carry cash o. After negotiation, just transferred the money to his account on the spot (which can be done with gadget).

Not even because of this hypnosis, but because of the common physical robbers and pick-pockets.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by rezzy: 12:28am On Dec 05, 2014
dastudent:
If it truly happened it's just hypnotic redirection that they did.They actually took your bag but made you loose time and space for a few seconds.Its complicated small.

humm, but how come they have the exact kind of bag you are carrying?
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by fabrigas18(m): 12:55am On Dec 05, 2014
Trendy247:
I went to the bank yesterday to withdraw N465,000 from Ecobank to pay a punter who won his football bet, i put the money inside a small bag and hung it on my neck. When i came out from the bank premises, a taxi stopped and asked where i was going, i told him "Slaughter", and he asked me to enter... there were three men inside the car, two in front and one at the back with me.

After about 10 minutes drive, the driver told me that my door was not locked and that i should open it and close it very well, i then asked him to slow down because he was driving with speed but he refused...

When we reached a quiet place, the driver slowed down, i opened the door but when i tried closing it the door refused to close. I tried and tried but no way. At that point all of them stretched their hands to assist close the door one after the other and in the process they touched the bag i was holding but i wasn't afraid cos the bag was zipped. When they still couldn't lock the door, they stopped the car and asked me to come down so that they could check the door. As soon as i dropped, they closed the door and zoomed off.

At that point i was so confused because my bag and phone was still with me, and i didn't even pay the tfare yet.

After they might've gone far, i decided to open the bag, and lo and behold all my money had turned into A4 paper cut into money size. I couldn't believe it was real. I closed my eyes and opened it wishing it was all a dream, but no, it was a reality i had to face. I nearly ran mad on the road. People were just staring at me because of the way i was acting.

All the same i thank God for preserving my life.. I know its not easy to lose such amount this period.

I reported the matter to the policemen i saw on my way back, they told me that they've been getting such report and that i should thank God i wasn't hurt... They also told me that the fraudsters always know people that have money with them (that they see something like flame of fire on their head).
Thanks a lot for sharing this with the public, if not 4 dat insult is not allowed and am nt d type I 4 say doz dat r asking 4 pics r pigs.. If u like biliv or keep looking 4 confirmation na ur palafa, I av also been given papers as money it was only God dat saved me cuz I already pocket it believing its money but my policy was dat any big amount of money I keep in my front left pocket, so I wanted 2 bring it out 4rm d left back pocket 2 its normal place as I do dat was wen I realised its news paper not even in size of money chartered and rough.. Abeg be at alert..

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Elgeelistic: 1:06am On Dec 05, 2014
Whether its jazz or scam I don't know, but these things are real. I work along Aba/ph express Road in PH and I have heard similar incidents happened to people I know severally. Most of them were coming out of a commercial bank. The last one was this Tuesday where the victim's 100k was replaced with jotters and asked to drop after about 100m.

Please just avoid carrying cash and entering 'one chance'.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by kullozone(m): 1:20am On Dec 05, 2014
eleko1:
;Dabeg,nor wundjure me wit laff..ASK AM THE NAME OF THE PASTOR WEY HE CONTACT

so out of everytin,na only pastor name you fit ask abi...u nor fit tink of anoda question to ask?
wetin u wan tek d pastor name do?
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by mavinc4u(f): 1:31am On Dec 05, 2014
it seems this happens mostly in PHC but it actually happened to someone in Lagos state yesterday. I overheard someone in a bus narrating what happened to her to a friend on phone; how her 122k and other valuable things in her bag vanished from her bag. I was still imagining how real this story could be until I saw this thread and I understood her story.
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by asalimpo(m): 2:06am On Dec 05, 2014
Sunnymatey:
When coming out frm a bank wit cash, dont ever enter a taxi that stop fr u, rather move a litle futher stop one an enter. Or on the contrary pick a drop. With common sense u can avoid this kind of scenerio.

medicine after death.
All ur advice here are late,the op has learnt his lesson,in a hard way.
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by semasir: 2:21am On Dec 05, 2014
This same TransAmadi where a small boy was also asked to get a handful of sand and they got #10,000+ from the poor small boy sent to deposit at GTB.... Lord have mercy
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by MISSOPTIMIST(f): 2:33am On Dec 05, 2014
hardywaltz:
I call u Linus..
dont waite to experience it, before you believe. It happens all the time, in some cases the cash is replaced with funny items and for some the cash just vanishes. My advice is for everyone to be very alert and take proactive measures when you smell fraud. God help us.
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by MISSOPTIMIST(f): 2:54am On Dec 05, 2014
emmykk:
between ECOBank and popular sluaghter rounded about there is no quiet place there.even with Gov ameachi constructing that road the road is always busy.

Besides with that kind of money people telling you this and that why didnt you come down at once.

This story may have been Hint magazine story that you are framing to portharcourt.

And if truly your money was stole you are the biggest ewu in west africa.
My dear there are quiet places, and it depends on the time of the day. I live there too, most motorist take Odili road due to d ongoing construction and some endure the bad main t/amadi road, whatever the route there'll always be a lonely spot and offcourse that's where driver will claim he found space. As funny as it sounds, I pray you don't experience it, yours may be worse cos you refusd to learn
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by In4matic: 3:00am On Dec 05, 2014
I find it disgusting when people will be forming advisers like they are infallible. The man had a bitter experience but instead of swallowing his loses like others, he chose to bring iT to public notice so folks can learn from his experience. But what am I saying sef, who knows if the Scammers are on NL

ruffhandu:

Not your first time does not make it right bro. A lot of advice has been offered you here, take heed to them.
Insist on any of the following:
Do a transfer
Issue a chq
Take the person to the bank if he insists on cash
Wave the taxi you need, don't let them stop for you, especially if you just came out of a bank
Above all, draw closer to God and be spiritually alert always

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by eleko1: 3:37am On Dec 05, 2014
kullozone:

so out of everytin,na only pastor name you fit ask abi...u nor fit tink of anoda question to ask?
If u ask me,nah who i go ask?Isn't the pastor aware of the op story?.wetin u wan tek d pastor name do?
undecided
kullozone:

wetin u wan tek d pastor name do?
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by eleko1: 3:49am On Dec 05, 2014
MISSOPTIMIST:
My dear there are quiet places, and it depends on the time of the day. I live there too, most motorist take Odili road due to d ongoing construction and some endure the bad main t/amadi road, whatever the route there'll always be a lonely spot and offcourse that's where driver will claim he found space. As funny as it sounds, I pray you don't experience it, yours may be worse cos you refusd to learn
what is there to learn?Why board a taxi occupied by 3 strangers at the back(if they carry weapon to threaten him nko?)Why dnt him apply wisdom?May we not see evil

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Wallie(m): 4:02am On Dec 05, 2014
I believe the story but it has nothing to do with jazz just misdirection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZGY0wPAnus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoUSO_Mj1TQ

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by Tekzyflex(m): 4:34am On Dec 05, 2014
hardywaltz:
I call u Linus..

The Op is not lying at all,i live around Trans Amadi area in port Harcourt and a lot of people have been robbed in similar way. Infact,there was a day I went to that same Eco bank to withdraw money and I saw a young lady crying bitterly that robbed in the way the Op just explained. OP thank you for reminding me to be careful.
Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by emmykk(m): 4:42am On Dec 05, 2014
MISSOPTIMIST:
well is only some1 that didnt work for money will withdraw 465k and be roaming down the street.you have a point of exit but(the moment everybody start talking about unlock door).well na you sabi.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH by nairalife2013(m): 5:26am On Dec 05, 2014
The chap u were to pay said he has no bank account, u should hav told him to enter a bank and open an account and u transfer... why? Any time I withdraw cash for bank from like 50k I usually go with eyes on red alert! Every one and everything becomes a suspect! Things dey happen everyday u dey fall careless! Money na sand? U dong big pass dat kind of carelessnes na! Well take hart na!... dis tin vex me die dis krismas! I dey kraze? I no even know wat to say...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Arrested For Using Rented Children To Make Money In Edo State. Photos / Policeman Kills Okada Rider In Benue Over N50 (Photos) / Indian Police Give Details On Arrest Of Nigerian Engineer Turned Drug Kingpin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.