Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport (13701 Views)

Nigerian Acquires The London Gatwick Airport For£1.455 Billion / Adebayo Ogunlesi: Owner Of Gatwick Airport / The London Skyline Is Finally Taking Shape! (2) (3) (4)

Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by Godwinsilas(m): 6:37am On Dec 05, 2014
Na today?
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by Collynzo9: 6:37am On Dec 05, 2014
lxgx1:
old news. not a personal purchse. he runs a large pe firm. get an edu cation
Tell them.
The salt water bathing illiterates.

Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by holatin(m): 6:38am On Dec 05, 2014
pls shey e get daughter I fit date
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by Muscomide: 6:39am On Dec 05, 2014
Shoddy journalism again. Whilst not trying to diminish this man's achievements, he has not personally acquired Gatwick Airport as reported here. He is the current Chairman/Managing Director of GIP, an independent infrastructure Fund Management company. Prior to taking up this appointment, Mr Ogunlesi was the Global Head of Investment Banking; Head of Global Energy at Credit Suise.

Factual, accurate reporting should not be sacrificed at the altar of sensational, populist headlines.

Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by Aspireahead(m): 6:43am On Dec 05, 2014
Afam4eva:
Why is this news being recycled. Isn't it supposed to be stale?
oga, you are scarce this days o..i thought you deactivated
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by jaydee87(m): 6:47am On Dec 05, 2014
well he would have thought of Nigeria but the gvt no go gree nao, na them go like buy am demself
but oga ogunlesi u for still come invest part of that money for our country to reduce poverty and create jobs...
all the best still...
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by Phillfree(m): 6:48am On Dec 05, 2014
Babymama1:
[size=18pt]This 2010 story again? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
[/size]
https://www.nairaland.com/400832/nigerian-adebayo-ogunlesi-56-acquires
Maybe he bought it again this year.

Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by sparkleboy(m): 6:50am On Dec 05, 2014
adextetoo:
Why buy just an airport in london with that amount when you can get the whole of Federal Airport Authorities of Nigeria (FAAN) with lesser amount...(My Opinion)
. Guy you are wicked o!
Na so Nigeria cheap reach?? Chai!
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by zubby29(m): 6:51am On Dec 05, 2014
thank God its a good news.Nigerians r born to succeed.We are Nigerian and not 419Ners or terrorist as som forign media wnt to paint us
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by Collynzo9: 6:55am On Dec 05, 2014
jaydee87:
well he would have thought of Nigeria but the gvt no go gree nao, na them go like buy am demself
but oga ogunlesi u for still come invest part of that money for our country to reduce poverty and create jobs...
all the best still...
That guy does not have money to buy any airport, stop dreaming of him investing in Nigeria because he has no investments.
He is an employee.
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by gratieao: 6:59am On Dec 05, 2014
Why recycling old news with sensational headline. The did not buy any airport he was an employee to manage other people investment. Abeg the news is stale!
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by jerflakes(m): 7:07am On Dec 05, 2014
efilefun:

We know but why u no post am earlier

Very old news.
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 05, 2014
See resume! This is more than impressive.
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by oliidell(m): 7:43am On Dec 05, 2014
I clicked on this thread hoping to see something new & was disappointed to see the same old Oct 2009 gist. I was glad to see many comments stating how stale the news was, it shows the calibre of people on nairaland.

Now this is definitely a great story worthy of the Front page considering the fact that some new nairalanders may not have come across it, but it shud have been modified to read "The Nigerian-Adebayo Ogunlesi 'who' acquired the London Gatwick Airport"

The man is certainly an enigmatic investment expert. Oxford, Harvard, Chairman GIP, Lead Director Goldman Sachs, Involved in African Finance Corporation etc.

He is the only African on a board that has Lakshmi Mittal and Peter Oppenheimer and he is Lead director. This is someone the FG should be courting to play a role in the country's Ministry of Trade and investments.
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by Idrhas(m): 9:55am On Dec 05, 2014
One more quality the man has - he's got a runway for planes on his head
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by Bimpe29: 10:25am On Dec 05, 2014
This is pleasant to know. I wish him success in his business, and pray the good Lord will make Nigerian economy more prosperous.
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by ijobaooorun(m): 10:31am On Dec 05, 2014
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by Tunagee(m): 10:33am On Dec 05, 2014
shegsrules:

Source:http://africancelebs.com/adebayo-ogunlesi-owner-gatwick-airport/

so how does that stop terrorism in naija or put food on my table
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 05, 2014
room089:
Sorry he's just a nigerian by name, at heart he's an european!

an atheist and consummate business man
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2014
Idiot!
why acquire something you cannot carry away?

The British would happily take your money as long as they know you cannot remove the thing you are acquiring from the country. You could even acquire Buckingham Palace for all they care.
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
oliidell:
I clicked on this thread hoping to see something new & was disappointed to see the same old Oct 2009 gist. I was glad to see many comments stating how stale the news was, it shows the calibre of people on nairaland.

Now this is definitely a great story worthy of the Front page considering the fact that some new nairalanders may not have come across it, but it shud have been modified to read "The Nigerian-Adebayo Ogunlesi 'who' acquired the London Gatwick Airport"

The man is certainly an enigmatic investment expert. Oxford, Harvard, Chairman GIP, Lead Director Goldman Sachs, Involved in African Finance Corporation etc.

He is the only African on a board that has Lakshmi Mittal and Peter Oppenheimer and he is Lead director. This is someone the FG should be courting to play a role in the country's Ministry of Trade and investments.

Please no
He is better off where he is
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by oliidell(m): 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2014
Babymama1:

Please no
He is better off where he is

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he shud come and become a minister. He can always play an advisory/consultancy role without even being in the country. That's part of what he does for d companies he sits on their boards.
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by shegsrules(m): 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2014
Tunagee:

so how does that stop terrorism in naija or put food on my table

In no way, but to share what Nigerians in diaspora are doing.
Re: A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport by seangy4konji: 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
so that the thieving ministers can kill him with their un ever ending bribe demands and lawless policies...
adextetoo:
Why buy just an airport in london with that amount when you can get the whole of Federal Airport Authorities of Nigeria (FAAN) with lesser amount...(My Opinion)

How Much It Cost To Charter A Private Jet / Tanker Drivers Cause Traffic Gridlock In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa