Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor (13975 Views)

Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor / List Of Agencies And Parastatals Under Amaechi, As A Minister Of Transport / PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by rattlesnake(m): 5:47am On Dec 05, 2014
ayyyyo:
Please who is he , we don't know him here in Bethlehem grin
we know him in Pakistan
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by ichommy(m): 5:58am On Dec 05, 2014
Congratulations to him.
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by chrisxxx(m): 6:13am On Dec 05, 2014
Bros this is an easy ride for wike. I have little reason to support him. If AMeachi had come back to PDP any person he presents surely would win. As it is now Rivers people are not looking at the credibility of DAkuku but his party platform. It becomes a situation that most and the majority of Rivers people will vote PDP even without a candidate. Try to reason why nobody is fighting over the APC guber slot. Magnus knows this and would prefer a sure and easy bet going back to the senate.
PDP will win Rivers State. The only visible effect is that of the presidency. Jonathan would win but may not rip up to his previous votes margin.
I will vote PDP not necessarily Wike. This situation applies to a lot others too. This could be as a result of resentment feeling for both AMaechi ,his APC and his anti-Jonathan stance. Rivers people do not Care if Jonathan has done anything for them as they still believe he is their son and in-law and if given a second term would remember them.

5 Likes

Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by frodobee: 6:56am On Dec 05, 2014
See as him de fight for oil wells, but visit the said communities and you see that the amenities they are living on are mere handouts from oil coys, no govt presence. Wash wash mouth.
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by zubby29(m): 7:02am On Dec 05, 2014
b ready for d fight from abuja,i hope d will of rivers prevail nd i also do pray dey vote with der heart not pocket
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Frankvandapruze: 7:06am On Dec 05, 2014
To God be the glory sad
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 05, 2014
The victory of Hon Dakuku Peterside is a victory for all the Riverine people and the good people of upland. This is coming at a time when the PDP is bent on foisting a very unpopular Wike just for the selfish interest of the first family. We all must ensure that our kits and kin troop out to thumb print for APC and Mr. Dakuku Peterside. As for Amaechi, he's indeed a brother to the entire Ijaw population in Rivers state for returning power to our people. He paid us in kind like what we did for him in 2007 and 2011. Thank you Amaechi! The riverine will extend such to our Ogoni neighbours in 2023.

God bless Rivers State
Dakuku Peterside for Governor(Rivers)
Ambode for Governor(Lagos)
Buhari for President

2 Likes

Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 05, 2014
chrisxxx:
[s]Bros this is an easy ride for wike. I have little reason to support him. If AMeachi had come back to PDP any person he presents surely would win. As it is now Rivers people are not looking at the credibility of DAkuku but his party platform. It becomes a situation that most and the majority of Rivers people will vote PDP even without a candidate. Try to reason why nobody is fighting over the APC guber slot. Magnus knows this and would prefer a sure and easy bet going back to the senate.
PDP will win Rivers State. The only visible effect is that of the presidency. Jonathan would win but may not rip up to his previous votes margin.
I will vote PDP not necessarily Wike. This situation applies to a lot others too. This could be as a result of resentment feeling for both AMaechi ,his APC and his anti-Jonathan stance. Rivers people do not Care if Jonathan has done anything for them as they still believe he is their son and in-law and if given a second term would remember them[/s]
I can bet my december salary that you are NOT a Rivers indigene, and you have a very flawed knowledge of rivers politics and politicking.
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by turawafett(f): 7:35am On Dec 05, 2014
I pray Dakuku wins so that the famous Opobo will be linked by bridge. I was told he built the bridge up to a certain portion when he was minister for works. That LGA/Island supposed to be a tourist destination. King Jaja of Opobo comes to mind.
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by BlackSEER(m): 7:37am On Dec 05, 2014
Wike will defeat him

2 Likes

Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Bearshare(m): 9:02am On Dec 05, 2014
chrisxxx:
Bros this is an easy ride for wike. I have little reason to support him. If AMeachi had come back to PDP any person he presents surely would win. As it is now Rivers people are not looking at the credibility of DAkuku but his party platform. It becomes a situation that most and the majority of Rivers people will vote PDP even without a candidate. Try to reason why nobody is fighting over the APC guber slot. Magnus knows this and would prefer a sure and easy bet going back to the senate.
I will vote PDP not necessarily Wike. This situation applies to a lot others too. This could be as a result of resentment feeling for both AMaechi ,his APC and his anti-Jonathan stance. Rivers people do not Care if Jonathan has done anything for them as they still believe he is their son and in-law and if given a second term would remember them.

Bros I will advise you and those reasoning along you line of thought to give a rethink. I have and will always remain a zealous member of our dear PDP but Bros at my age I have learnt to shove aside sentiments and follow what I think is the right thing to do. From the strings of events in r/state I can bet that if PDP presents Wike that dude will loose big time, forget all those rented crowds you see in his GDI campaigns. The words on the street is that he is a thug, a tout, a member of ogboni, a looter and betrayal and guess what I have seen all those traits in him lately. Firstly, Amaechi is in power here, he controls the funds, he controls over 90% of the traditional chieftains (this are people that command a measure of influence in their locality), Amaechi has appealed to the sentiments of the riverine by presenting Dakuku, the religious stalwarts (e.g Pastor David Ibiyeomie has anointed Dakuku), PFN is right behind Dakuku, Tony Okocha commands his own followers in Ikwerre.

My bros I can go on and on

3 Likes

Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Bright2(m): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2014
Amaechi didn't you study that zoning policy before promising an Ogoni man the Governorship ticket? You used the Ogoni's & dumped them,this was the same situation Nyesom Wike liberated from earlier. There's God oo in every thing you are doing.
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by smartcount003(m): 10:18am On Dec 05, 2014
turawafett:
I pray Dakuku wins so that the famous Opobo will be linked by bridge. I was told he built the bridge up to a certain portion when he was minister for works. That LGA/Island supposed to be a tourist destination. King Jaja of Opobo comes to mind.

Lie! There's no bridge built by Peterside as former commissioner of works linking Opobo. I've been to Opobo, even their family house is just facing the water-front. The only place that's close to Opoba town is Ikot Abasi, the host community of Aluminium smelting Company (ALSCON), which is just directly facing the Opobo town. Access to Opobo town at the moment is through speed boat through a jetty at one Ogoni town (forgotten the name).

Dakuku Peterside actually did a good job during Amaechi firt term in Office, as he was very proactive in supervising many road projects going on then in Rivers State. I wish him all the best in his duel with Nyesom Wike for Rivers State governorship position. It's indeed going to be an herculean task for Perterside.
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Bearshare(m): 10:24am On Dec 05, 2014
smartcount003:

Lie! There's no bridge built by Peterside as former commissioner of works linking Opobo. I've been to Opobo, even their family house is just facing the water-front. The only place that's close to Opoba town is Ikot Abasi, the host community of Aluminium smelting Company (ALSCON), which is just directly facing the Opobo town. Access to Opobo town at the moment is through speed boat through a jetty at one Ogoni town (forgotten the name).

Dakuku Peterside actually did a good job during Amaechi firt term in Office, as he was very proactive in supervising many road projects going on then in Rivers State. I wish him all the best in his duel with Nyesom Wike for Rivers State governorship position. It's indeed going to be an herculean task for Perterside.

Bros dont worry its the other way round...check the trend of politics and electioneering across the country and you'll see that the people vote along the line of quality candidacy not party....mark this space!
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by smartcount003(m): 10:33am On Dec 05, 2014
Bearshare:

Bros dont worry its the other way round...check the trend of politics and electioneering across the country and you'll see that the people vote along the line of quality candidacy not party....mark this space!

Well that may be the opinions of some people, but as for me I would stick with my party because there is no difference between the politicians, even though they are in different parties.
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Bearshare(m): 11:27am On Dec 05, 2014
smartcount003:

Well that may be the opinions of some people, but as for me I would stick with my party because there is no difference between the politicians, even though they are in different parties.

While you plan voting for your party PDP do not also forget that the candidate in this your party in R/state is seen as nothing more that a thug, tout, looter and betrayer. Enjoy your wike for 8 years. grin
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by smartcount003(m): 12:04pm On Dec 05, 2014
[quote author=Bearshare post=28612683]

While you plan voting for your party PDP do not also forget that the candidate in this your party in R/state is seen as nothing more that a thug, tout, looter and betrayer. Enjoy your wike for 8 years. grin[/q

How do u define a thug and tout? I don't do "follow follow". I stick to what i believe and have faith in. No form of character assasination and propaganda by opposition can change my mind. So whatever you think, is your own business. peace
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by ogb5(m): 1:00pm On Dec 05, 2014
This looks more like APC primaries in Rivers State was abandoned by aspirants. A viable party is supposed to have several people struggling to get the nomination for a wealthy state like Rivers.

I am suspecting that other aspirants are annoyed with the selection process and decided to stay away.

Internal democracy during candidate selection is a key component of a winning party.

2 Likes

Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by chrisxxx(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2014
[quote author=Bearshare post=28609311]

Bros I will advise you and those reasoning along you line of thought to give a rethink. I have and will always remain a zealous member of our dear PDP but Bros at my age I have learnt to shove aside sentiments and follow what I think is the right thing to do. From the strings of events in r/state I can bet that if PDP presents Wike that dude will loose big time, forget all those rented crowds you see in his GDI campaigns. The words on the street is that he is a thug, a tout, a member of ogboni, a looter and betrayal and guess what I have seen all those traits in him lately. Firstly, Amaechi is in power here, he controls the funds, he controls over 90% of the traditional chieftains (this are people that command a measure of influence in their locality), Amaechi has appealed to the sentiments of the riverine by presenting Dakuku, the religious stalwarts (e.g Pastor David Ibiyeomie has anointed Dakuku), PFN is right behind Dakuku, Tony Okocha commands his own followers in Ikwerre.

My bros I can go on and on[/quote
I will only reply ur line that you hear he is a member of ogboni. Pls tell me truthfully among all these crops of politicians we have in Rivers State who is not a member of a secret society?
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Bearshare(m): 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2014
[quote author=chrisxxx post=28615112][/quote]

None that I know of except the one(Mr Wike) that openly attends their weekly (ogboni) fellowship at No.1 Aggrey road every wednesday. Beat that! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by raumdeuter: 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2014
ogb5:

Internal democracy during candidate selection is a key component of a winning party.

Where was this internal democracy during the PDP presidential primaries
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2014
smartcount003:

I want to commend u for ur insight into Opobo Town, the Opobo link road was started by Peter Odili that was 2005 and as at 2006 the road has gotten to Ngo the lga headquater of Uche Secundus, from Ogoni thru Inyogoro town to link all the Aandoni towns, the one that Connects Opobo start from Inyongoro town pass thru Nkoro town to Kalaibiama an Opobo suburb town, as at now the road has gotten to Kalaibiama, soonest it will get to Opobo town, The Ogoni town u are talking of Is Kono home town of Joseph Yobo, from Ikot Abasi to Opobo by boat is just 5minute. All those areas i know them too well. Dakuku cannot win all the votes in Opobo town cos even when they were all in pdp there were still factions headed by Sam Accra Jaja, Sam Sam Jaja, Tamunosis Jaja, Dakuku etc. His candidature will not get him the votes of all the riverine people cos pdp is a grass root party in rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by smartcount003(m): 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2014
Bearshare:

None that I know of except the one(Mr Wike) that openly attends their weekly (ogboni) fellowship at No.1 Aggrey road every wednesday. Beat that! tongue tongue tongue

This is the reason why I don't take most of these opposition supporters serious. You just wake up and make baseless accusations without facts, just because you don't like the person. For your information, I don't dwell on rumour but facts. Wike on his side has done very well while serving as minister of state for Education, by spear heading the face lifting of the unity schools across the nation, as well as establishment of the Amajiri schools in many northern states. He equally deserves supports from well meaning Rivers state residents.

1 Like

Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by smartcount003(m): 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
CaptainOjemba:
I want to commend u for ur insight into Opobo Town, the Opobo link road was started by Peter Odili that was 2005 and as at 2006 the road has gotten to Ngo the lga headquater of Uche Secundus, from Ogoni thru Inyogoro town to link all the Aandoni towns, the one that Connects Opobo start from Inyongoro town pass thru Nkoro town to Kalaibiama an Opobo suburb town, as at now the road has gotten to Kalaibiama, soonest it will get to Opobo town, The Ogoni town u are talking of Is Kono home town of Joseph Yobo, from Ikot Abasi to Opobo by boat is just 5minute. All those areas in know them too well. Dakuku cannot win all the votes in Opobo town cos even when they are all in pdp there were still factions headed by Sam Accra Jaja, Sam Sam Jaja, Tamunosis Jaja, Dakuku etc. His candidature will not get him the votes of all the riverine people cos pdp is a grass root party in rivers state.

Kudos to you my brother for the clarification. People have failed to understand that PDP is a party which all parts of Rivers State hold dear to their hearts. The presence of an opposition as APC would definiely find it difficult to dislodge PDC from Rivers State. The last time I visited Nkoro, Opobo, and many of the Islands within Andoni LGA was in 2011. Then there was a great construction work going on, including the bridge linking Egendem and it's sister town. As for the road from Nkoro, that was planned to link Opobo, Kalaibiama and Queenstown the project was more like abandoned. I'm happy that efforts are being made to link these riverine communities.

2 Likes

Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Bearshare(m): 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2014
smartcount003:

This is the reason why I don't take most of these opposition supporters serious. You just wake up and make baseless accusations without facts, just because you don't like the person. For your information, I don't dwell on rumour but facts. Wike on his side has done very well while serving as minister of state for Education, by spear heading the face lifting of the unity schools across the nation, as well as establishment of the Amajiri schools in many northern states. He equally deserves supports from well meaning Rivers state residents.

Bros I am a staunch member of our dear party PDP but will be stu.pid to sell my conscience to that party when they do the wrong thing such as presenting a bad candidate. Bro the odds are all against that dude:

- he shamelessly claims he upheld PDP and fought Amaechi alone...now my definition of fight means Amaechi would have been impeached by now, but sadly that isnt the case. Abi I lie?

- during his days as Chief of Staff to his boss (Amaechi), he was alleged of looting over 6billion by EFCC. Bro dont forget that that case was inconclusive and one smart dude is waiting to use it to nail him

- Yesterday during the APC gub primaries, over 200 PDP chieftains declared for APC, you may say the number is small, but the last thing any true party needs now is to loose even an any from their party at this critical period.

- see I can go on and on...the thing dey pain me say my party they claim strong strong yet they cant see that their opposition(APC) is scheming wisely.

WAKE up!
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2014
This is my Vote..., Gej for President till 2020
Dakuku peterside for Governor till 2030
The rest position nothing concern me....
I vote for candidate and not political party...
Wike is a proud man.....
I don't need a proud Governor... Thank you for reading... shocked
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by solenzop: 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2014
This guy, Dakuku Peterside is a marvel! I have had one on one encounter with him on several occassions when he was the commissioner for Works in Rivers state. He is very enlightened! But I wont vote for him because of the arrogant and garrulous Amaechi and his APC.

2 Likes

Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by aguizm(m): 11:17pm On Dec 05, 2014
barcanista:
The victory of Hon Dakuku Peterside is a victory for all the Riverine people and the good people of upland. This is coming at a time when the PDP is bent on foisting a very unpopular Wike just for the selfish interest of the first family. We all must ensure that our kits and kin troop out to thumb print for APC and Mr. Dakuku Peterside. As for Amaechi, he's indeed a brother to the entire Ijaw population in Rivers state for returning power to our people. He paid us in kind like what we did for him in 2007 and 2011. Thank you Amaechi! The riverine will extend such to our Ogoni neighbours in 2023.

God bless Rivers State
Dakuku Peterside for Governor(Rivers)
Ambode for Governor(Lagos)
Buhari for President
U go from thread to thread supporting APC as if you ve got a say in all the states. U are only entitled to one vote Mr man and sure is gonna be in Lagos. As for we here in Rivers PDP is our party. Bleep APC

2 Likes

Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 06, 2014
aguizm:
U go from thread to thread supporting APC as if you ve got a say in all the states. U are only entitled to one vote Mr man and sure is gonna be in Lagos. As for we here in Rivers PDP is our party. Bleep APC
I am 100% rivers blood! I have lots of stake there and I am in touch with my relÀtives, selling the candidacy of Hon Dakuku Peterside and Buhari to themm as for their response? We leave it at that. I tell you guy that God and humanity will chase out pdp from the entire rivers state(that is if you are rivers indigen which I so dobt). By God grace I shall be homÉ soon, the campaÍgn ©ontiÑue grin. Meanwhile get this into your skull, "I am an important stakehÓlder in rivers state, I own rivers state just like every soÑs anÐ daughters of the state irrespectÍve of whrÉ they resïde"

1 Like

Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Demdem(m): 1:02am On Dec 06, 2014
ogb5:
This looks more like APC primaries in Rivers State was abandoned by aspirants. A viable party is supposed to have several people struggling to get the nomination for a wealthy state like Rivers.

I am suspecting that other aspirants are annoyed with the selection process and decided to stay away.

Let's wait and see if these aggrieved candidates u are talking about will proceed to apc national headquarters with coffins.
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Demdem(m): 1:16am On Dec 06, 2014
smartcount003:

Bunkum. Errant Nonsense. Gibberish.
Under his leadership, lecturers both in universities and polytechnics were on strike and for months, ur tout Wike had no clue on what to do about it but to sack entire Nigerian University lecturers.
It took a new minister just less than 24 hours after taking over for university lecturers to get back to class and u are here talking about wike educational transformation. Prof Ruki initiated the almajiri stuff and not wike. Show pictures of unity schools facelift u were deceived with also.
Wike has been going round for days now seeking the votes of pdp delegates and not once has he stated how he will better the lives of Rivers people. All what the fool has been saying is Amaechi is disrespecting Jonathan, amaechi is disrespecting shepo, apc is this and that.....
.etc
Does that suggest a man that has vision? He is empty up there and has no concrete blue print on how he intends governing Rivers.
Re: Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor by Demdem(m): 1:21am On Dec 06, 2014
solenzop:
This guy, Dakuku Peterside is a marvel! I have had one on one encounter with him on several occassions when he was the commissioner for Works in Rivers state. He is very enlightened! But I wont vote for him because of the arrogant and garrulous Amaechi and his APC.

U won't vote for a "marvel " but instead vote for a well known tout.
Goodluck on ur decision.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Economy Will Pick Up In 2017, Says FG / Amina Mohammed Visits Osinbajo With UN Delegation, Presents Gift To Him(pics) / 2 Suicide Bombers Killed As CJTF Foil Suicide Attack In Borno Today(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.