Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

ON THE QUESTION: WHO IS GOD? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ON THE QUESTION: WHO IS GOD? (946 Views)

Question: Who Owns The rooster That Crowed After Peter Denied Jesus? / The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time / The Question Of Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ON THE QUESTION: WHO IS GOD? by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 05, 2014
DISCLAIMER: READ THIS MY POST AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION! What you are about to read are just my personal reflections. It is not dogmatic in nature because am always open to new ideas and knowledge. I am eclectic in nature. My views can still change tomorrow. What I wrote is relative in nature. After reading, you can make suggestions or recommendations and we dialogue it out. I begin:

It baffles me when I go out and I see people arguing about the nature of God. God is holy; God is good, God is bad, God is Omnipotent, God is omniscient; God is omnipresent! Lols. All these atttributes? For someone nobody has seen and came back to tell us his features! Wow... Did I just say "his"? What is the gender of God? The bible aside, can anyone prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that God is not a woman or God is not a man or that he is not both a man and woman together? Who knows the true nature of God? Who knows the structure of eternity? When are we going to stop all these permutations? Its always easy to quote ancient books without checking out its correspondence to verifiable truth.How certain are we that the all the books of Paul where written by Paul? How are we sure that a Pope along the line did not add certain books and certain verses to teach morals? How certain are we? O yes. This is so because when you go through the Bible with your God given reason, one is bound to discover so many universal truths and so many universal lies.Of course the fundamentalist will always advise you to be led by the spirit when reading it! Lols. Why then did God give us reasons? This is the reason I have doubted some certain things they said that Paul said. He said so many things that contradicted the teachings of Jesus. [b]I have refused to call Paul a saint because only God knows if Paul is a saint or not. Because for all I know, Paul may not even be in the so called heaven. He may or may not. Nobody is certain. According to the story they told, this is a young man who committed so many heinous crimes against humanity. Am not sure because I wasn't there. At a particular moment in his life, the good man in him conquered the evil in him and he decided to change. It is my contention that this has nothing to do with the grace of God as the church always teaches. Why? If it is the grace of God, what it implies is that God is willing to save some by his grace and has already predestined others for eternal damnation. Does that make him a good God then? I wouldn't know. For me, the views of Paul changed about humanity. The way he reasons changed. He may have started realizing that he was not even fighting for God by killing Christians. Have we ever wondered why terrorists believe so strongly in their cause? That they will be given 72 virgins after dying? If Paul can be made a saint after everything he has done, it means that even Boko Haram should be canonized too! O yes. Even pastors too. This is so because Boko haram is in the North destroying churches in the name of God and Pastors are in the villages destroying shrines in the name of God. But does all these not make God look like he is not omnipotent as we portray him? Because if God is omnipotent as we portray him, why not allow him to fight for himself? Or is God fighting for himself through men? That will mean that he is not omnipresent as we make him?[/b] Lols. The people who created all these dogmas are really wise. They are aware that most of the attributes they give God contradicts most of what we can empirically verify. And they know that removing any of these attributes will mean that God is not the perfect being! Thats why they call it "MYSTERY". Lols. To all my friends, I keep on telling them, am a Christian and Catholic not because I believe Christianity. Am a Christian and a catholic because that is what I was born into. Had it been my parents changed to Islam or protestantism when I was little, there is every possibility that I will not be a Christian by now. I will be a Muslim. But what I feel is this: I AM A HUMAN BEING CREATED BY GOD. What this implies is that whatever am doing in this life, I must first of all treat people as humans not minding there religious affiliation. Man is religious by nature but it was man that created every religion. If there will be anything like judgement, you wont be judged as a Christian, Muslim, Hindu or Traditionalist. Your good works or bad works will speak for you. Religion is not what differentiates people. What differentiates people in this world is the good man and the bad man! I have seen Christians that are pure evils and I have also seen Christians that are also pure good. Same applies to other religions. The summary of what am saying is that rather than always be judging ourselves and condemning each other, let us work for the good of humanity. Respect each others religious views. Our planet is dying!

For those who may ask me what I expect them to take from my post, my answer is this: TAKE WHAT IS TAKEABLE AND LEAVE WHAT IS LEAVABLE.
Re: ON THE QUESTION: WHO IS GOD? by Infomizer(m): 11:40am On Dec 05, 2014
Nice one buddy...
I wonder how people can claim to love what they don't see while they treat poorly, that which they see.

#BeatsMe
Re: ON THE QUESTION: WHO IS GOD? by Ribaman(m): 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
You make sense too much!
So a refreshing contribution on Seun's rapidly deteriorating, but once beautiful, forum.
Re: ON THE QUESTION: WHO IS GOD? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
How I wish this can make front page

CC:
Seun
Obinoscopy
Lalasticlacla
Re: ON THE QUESTION: WHO IS GOD? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
exxell:
DISCLAIMER: READ THIS MY POST AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION! What you are about to read are just my personal reflections. It is not dogmatic in nature because am always open to new ideas and knowledge. I am eclectic in nature. My views can still change tomorrow. What I wrote is relative in nature. After reading, you can make suggestions or recommendations and we dialogue it out. I begin:

It baffles me when I go out and I see people arguing about the nature of God. God is holy; God is good, God is bad, God is Omnipotent, God is omniscient; God is omnipresent! Lols. All these atttributes? For someone nobody has seen and came back to tell us his features! Wow... Did I just say "his"? What is the gender of God? The bible aside, can anyone prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that God is not a woman or God is not a man or that he is not both a man and woman together?

Books [Both electronic] aside can you prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that Tacitus, Socrates and Plato are not females?

Jesus saw God and he came and told us whom He is.

Who knows the true nature of God? Who knows the structure of eternity? When are we going to stop all these permutations? Its always easy to quote ancient books without checking out its correspondence to verifiable truth.How certain are we that the all the books of Paul where written by Paul? How are we sure that a Pope along the line did not add certain books and certain verses to teach morals? How certain are we? O yes.

Because at least one manuscript we have predate the knowledge of pope by true Christians.

This is so because when you go through the Bible with your God given reason, one is bound to discover so many universal truths and so many universal lies.Of course the fundamentalist will always advise you to be led by the spirit when reading it! Lols. Why then did God give us reasons? This is the reason I have doubted some certain things they said that Paul said. He said so many things that contradicted the teachings of Jesus. I have refused to call Paul a saint because only God knows if Paul is a saint or not. Because for all I know, Paul may not even be in the so called heaven.

What are the universal lies?

What are these MANY things that contradicted Jesus' teachings?

He may or may not. Nobody is certain. According to the story they told, this is a young man who committed so many heinous crimes against humanity. Am not sure because I wasn't there. At a particular moment in his life, the good man in him conquered the evil in him and he decided to change. It is my contention that this has nothing to do with the grace of God as the church always teaches. Why? If it is the grace of God, what it implies is that God is willing to save some by his grace and has already predestined others for eternal damnation. Does that make him a good God then? I wouldn't know. For me, the views of Paul changed about humanity.

Did Paul do up to what Manasseh did?

How does the grace shown to God imply predestination for the wicked?

The way he reasons changed. He may have started realizing that he was not even fighting for God by killing Christians. Have we ever wondered why terrorists believe so strongly in their cause? That they will be given 72 virgins after dying? If Paul can be made a saint after everything he has done, it means that even Boko Haram should be canonized too! O yes. Even pastors too. This is so because Boko haram is in the North destroying churches in the name of God and Pastors are in the villages destroying shrines in the name of God.

How many Boko Haram people have changed there behavior and God said no, I wont accept you. Remember that after committing all these crimes, and coming into Christianity, you will likely suffer for what you have done in the past. Paul suffered when he accepted Christ.

But does all these not make God look like he is not omnipotent as we portray him? Because if God is omnipotent as we portray him, why not allow him to fight for himself? Or is God fighting for himself through men? That will mean that he is not omnipresent as we make him? Lols. The people who created all these dogmas are really wise. They are aware that most of the attributes they give God contradicts most of what we can empirically verify. And they know that removing any of these attributes will mean that God is not the perfect being! Thats why they call it "MYSTERY". Lols. To all my friends, I keep on telling them, am a Christian and Catholic not because I believe Christianity. Am a Christian and a catholic because that is what I was born into. Had it been my parents changed to Islam or protestantism when I was little, there is every possibility that I will not be a Christian by now. I will be a Muslim. But what I feel is this: I AM A HUMAN BEING CREATED BY GOD. What this implies is that whatever am doing in this life, I must first of all treat people as humans not minding there religious affiliation. Man is religious by nature but it was man that created every religion.

God is not a mystery. He is not physically present everywhere like an impersonal force. He sees everything from heaven, His place of dwelling.
1 Kings 8:39

Why should man be religious by nature? Are animals religious by nature? Why only man.

If there will be anything like judgement, you wont be judged as a Christian, Muslim, Hindu or Traditionalist. Your good works or bad works will speak for you. Religion is not what differentiates people. What differentiates people in this world is the good man and the bad man! I have seen Christians that are pure evils and I have also seen Christians that are also pure good. Same applies to other religions. The summary of what am saying is that rather than always be judging ourselves and condemning each other, let us work for the good of humanity. Respect each others religious views. Our planet is dying!

What is good and what is bad is defined by the religion you associate with. morality is objective. God alone determines what is right and wrong. If you join a religion that interprets wrong to be right, how then can you receive a favorable judgment.

If religion does not matter, then what Paul did by killing Christians were not wrong 'cos his religion never condemned his actions. In fact, Paul's changing of religion would have been needless.

If you see your neighbor heading into destruction, and you refrain from warning him, are you working for his good?

1 Like

Re: ON THE QUESTION: WHO IS GOD? by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 28, 2014
JMAN05:

Books [Both electronic] aside can you prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that Tacitus, Socrates and Plato are not females?

Jesus saw God and he came and told us whom He is.

Because at least one manuscript we have predate the knowledge of pope by true Christians.

What are the universal lies?

What are these MANY things that contradicted Jesus' teachings?

Did Paul do up to what Manasseh did?

How does the grace shown to God imply predestination for the wicked?

How many Boko Haram people have changed there behavior and God said no, I wont accept you. Remember that after committing all these crimes, and coming into Christianity, you will likely suffer for what you have done in the past. Paul suffered when he accepted Christ.

God is not a mystery. He is not physically present everywhere like an impersonal force. He sees everything from heaven, His place of dwelling.
1 Kings 8:39

Why should man be religious by nature? Are animals religious by nature? Why only man.

What is good and what is bad is defined by the religion you associate with. morality is objective. God alone determines what is right and wrong. If you join a religion that interprets wrong to be right, how then can you receive a favorable judgment.

If religion does not matter, then what Paul did by killing Christians were not wrong 'cos his religion never condemned his actions. In fact, Paul's changing of religion would have been needless.

If you see your neighbor heading into destruction, and you refrain from warning him, are you working for his good?

Young man, there are so many fallacies within your arguement. I wouldnt want to engage you right now. But I will address just one. You made mention of the fact that God is in heaven and sees everything from there. Lols. Can you proove that? So God is only in heaven and not in hell? If God is not in hell, why then do Christians call him omnipresent? Its either he is really omnipresent making him to also be in hell which flaws your first argument of him being only in heaven or he is not omnipresent which makes to probably be only in heaven and not in hell too. But if he is not omnipresent, that means your Christian God is not the perfect being? Coz the perfect being will possess all known and unknown qualities!
Re: ON THE QUESTION: WHO IS GOD? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
exxell:

Young man, there are so many fallacies within your arguement. I wouldnt want to engage you right now. But I will address just one. You made mention of the fact that God is in heaven and sees everything from there. Lols. Can you proove that? So God is only in heaven and not in hell? If God is not in hell, why then do Christians call him omnipresent? Its either he is really omnipresent making him to also be in hell which flaws your first argument of him being only in heaven or he is not omnipresent which makes to probably be only in heaven and not in hell too. But if he is not omnipresent, that means your Christian God is not the perfect being? Coz the perfect being will possess all known and unknown qualities!

True Christians know He is not omnipresent.

Isai 66:1

This is what Jehovah says:
The heavens are my throne, and the earth is my footstool.
Where, then, is the house that you could build for me,
And where is my resting-place?”

1kings 8:43

may you yourself listen from the heavens, your established place of dwelling, and you must do according to all that for which the foreigner calls to you; in order that all the peoples of the earth may get to know your name so as to fear you the same as your people Israel do, and so as to know that your name itself has been called upon this house that I have built.

How does being a perfect being relate to omnipresent, and how does omnipresent relate to knowing all?
Re: ON THE QUESTION: WHO IS GOD? by Horus(m): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
The word God is a substitute. Stop and think one moment. The name God is not really in the bible. If this is not an English book written by Englishmen, it’s not there; it was added. You will also find that God, whether you have a big "G", or little "g", is not being used in the singular tense, as Eloh or Allah. The beings spoken of in the bible and Koran are the Eloheem, the plural of Eloh.

(1) (Reply)

An Encouragement For Those Going Through Spiritual Attacks / Russian President Rebukes U.S. For Abandoning God And Christian Values / Remind Me Of Any Disaster TB Joshua Never 'prophesied' Except His 116 Murders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.