Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,361 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. (5850 Views)

Modification Of People's Post on Nairaland by Mods Is Bad / Is A New Nairaland Possible? / Is The Ig Order Of Banning Road Blocks Working In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by PhockPhockMan: 11:26am On Dec 06, 2014
Seun:
Kudos for this hilarious idea, but some people will start deliberately breaking rules so they can be sent there. It will encourage rulebreaking.
The Op is not wrong. Infact, I expect you to thank him for suggesting a way to make the forum more exciting. You should give it a try, with some modifications, you will create a torture chamber. For instance, if I get banned and get thrown to romance section prison, I'm lost because I don't go there. Atleast, it will help keep the spirit of Nairaland in you in front burner while the ban last. It may interest you to know that I only get time to visit my Facebook account only when I'm banned.
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by chibwike(m): 11:27am On Dec 06, 2014
Descartes:

You are on point.

I can't wait to hire a SAN on this board and demand for compensation in Millions of Naira if banned unlawfully. wink
Lol....millions of naira ke?
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by chibwike(m): 11:29am On Dec 06, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

micheal scofield things grin grin grin
Lmao
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Mogidi: 11:32am On Dec 06, 2014
Brilliant idea but it would be nice if free people can visit those in prison. This would give us access to their views on important issues. It would act as a small and limited deterrent to those in "prison" and would greatly reduce the need to open a new account.
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Descartes: 11:33am On Dec 06, 2014
chibwike:
Lol....millions of naira ke?

Na so smiley

Even the "Charge and Bail" cum pocket lawyers will be demanding for Recharge card/BIS money in order to facilitate your proof of innocence or release wink
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Descartes: 11:35am On Dec 06, 2014
Mogidi:
Brilliant idea but it would be nice if free people can visit those in prison. This would give us access to their views on important issues. It would act as a small and limited deterrent to those in "prison" and would greatly reduce the need to open a new account.

You have a point though but it will be niece only if his/her lawyers or closed associate to the imprisoned moniker will be entertained.
My opinion though smiley
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Iroh88(m): 11:39am On Dec 06, 2014
Mogidi:
I think the purpose of creating the prisons would be defeated if everyone is allowed access into them. Inmates would be able to interact with Freemen the same way they would had they not been incarcerated, which raises the question of why they are in prison in the first place!
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Descartes: 11:39am On Dec 06, 2014
OAM4J please can we have this on FrontPage? undecided
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Mogidi: 11:49am On Dec 06, 2014
Iroh88:
I think the purpose of creating the prisons would be defeated if everyone is allowed access into them. Inmates would be able to interact with Freemen the same way they would had they not been incarcerated, which raises the question of why they are in prison in the first place!

But they can interact with free men using present system, you only lose posting privileges when banned. It would be ok to visit them in prison to ask their views, this would reduce the need for creating alternate monikers.
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Mogidi: 11:52am On Dec 06, 2014
Descartes:

You have a point though but it will be niece only if the his/her lawyers or closed associate to the imprisoned moniker will be entertained.
My opinion though smiley

I still think we should be able to know what they think regarding important issues. Their punishment is they can't air their views on the open forum. This would help to reduce the need for alternate monikers.
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by UnknownT: 11:58am On Dec 06, 2014
Seun:
Kudos for this hilarious idea, but some people will start deliberately breaking rules so they can be sent there. It will encourage rulebreaking.
How about creating an "Appeal Court" where banned monikers can appeal bans and other mods can look at the case to see if the length of ban warrants the offence, if found guilty, the moniker is also banned from commenting on every sections including the appeal section. To avoid trolling, only banned monikers and MODS will be allowed to comment on the appeal section. Also, length of bans should be stated and not left to the discretion of the mod. Eg, breaking rule 1 attracts a ban of so so so days, like dat
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by iceberylin(m): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
naijaboiy:

These ones don mad grin
undecided
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by PhockPhockMan: 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
naijaboiy:
This is becoming serious grin

Front page please smiley
Supported.

1 Like

Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
omenka:

Calling on my friends and foes to hear what they think about this.

First, my respectable mods and supper mods: Seun, maclatunji, OAM4J, Ikenna351, Ngwakwe, Afam4eva, IshiLove, Mukina2

NgeneUkwenu, Barcarnista, Obiagelli, Demdem, GenBuhari, Kelsoft, Donphilopus, Koboko69, Cramjonse, Arresa, Caseless, MichaelSokoto, gbawe, Abagworo, OrlandoOwoh
Berem, Jomoh, Egift,
Clerverly, Arewafederation, Soroptimist, Keneking, Pendy79,
Neenar,
Desola , Whitecat007 ,keneking, Lakpalakpa,
ShehuAba, Rawani, Tribaleast
, Olaaderin Soroptimist, Mynd44, , Nduchucks,
Lacasa, Pendy79, Omerta Ilugunboy, Naptu2,
Aussie, Joseph1013, Olayinka8793
Diluminati, Tundeajani, Laykorn, Medamillion
Brimmie. Tomakint, PhockPhockman, Firefire
Truckpusher, Mogidi, Jmaine, Jamace Atlwireless
Anonimi, Sunnybobo, Customized13, Opiaoku,
Petrov10, Gramci, Taharqa, Iamodenigbo
Arysexy, Descartes.

Thanks.
Fantastic idea i must say, i at some point asked for a conflict section where people can carry their wahala to expecially our tribalists, i think your idea sounds far better.

Seun please look into this.
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Descartes: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
In this regard, I implore Seun and his Admin Team to seek for the services of Constitutional lawyers on this Forum who will help them to draft and do some modifications on the existing law tongue

My opinion though smiley
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
Prison break for that section go bad. grin
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
unibenstudent1:
Who can summarise this?
Go to romance section, where you belong.
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
Mogidi:

First time i agree with Mogidi, i feel like cutting my wrist.
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Mogidi: 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
Obiagelli:

First time i agree with Mogidi, i feel like cutting my wrist.

I can provide the knife grin grin grin
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by donphilopus: 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
Bros, this would have been a nice idea o, but those Insurgents/ e-fighters in the Politics Section would wanna be banned always so as to continue with their pictures posting. And you know what? They won't be banned. Anyways, e for make sense sha!
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2014
Mogidi:

I can provide the knife grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Iroh88(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
donphilopus:
Bros, this would have been a nice idea o, but those Insurgents/ e-fighters in the Politics Section would wanna be banned always so as to continue with their pictures posting. And you know what? They won't be banned. Anyways, e for make sense sha!
You are right. But I guess that is why we would have prison wardens to "break up" confrontations that threaten the physical/offline security/well being of members. I suggest the wardens be different from the regular mods since they already appear to have their plates full. It would be a sort of pro-bono service. smiley
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
Funny but workable. First, nairalanders who are not serving jail terms should be allowed to view the activities of the 'inmates' wiithout the power to post comments.

Most importantly, I support the idea of a kangaroo court where banned members (on their way to jail) can appeal their case and get fair hearing.

1 Like

Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Iroh88(m): 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
candy:
Funny but workable. First, nairalanders who are not serving jail terms should be allowed to view the activities of the 'inmates' wiithout the power to post comments.

Most importantly, I support the idea of a kangaroo court where banned members (on their way to jail) can appeal their case and get fair hearing.
Lovely suggestion!
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by ggrin(f): 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2014
iceberylin:

lol...ţђāţ ķįŋd pŗįşoŋ go māķę bŗāįŋ... grin

çomę with CD o grin
I go carry lotta DVD grin
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by adebayour26: 2:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
candy:

Interesting.

Do you study law?
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Descartes: 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2014
candy:

You have said it all

Cognito ergo sum smiley

Wisdom is a function of Humility and indeed the Principle thing cool
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
Enoquin:
I think it is a cool idea even that of the e-judiciary. Imagine Omenka(Op) being banned and his case taken to e-judiciary where only Barcanista and maybe Obiagelli (sorry for the mentions) are allowed as his defence lawyers. Then, the jury will consist of known partisan members or folks from religion or business section. All other comments apart from the judge, lawyers and maybe jury will be hidden. Then the jury will hand out the ban depending on the offence. Not all offences will require the jury though...cheesy
grin grin Very hilarious but makes lotta sense
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by KelvinGraphics(m): 3:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
Descartes:

You are on point.

I can't wait to hire a SAN on this board and demand for compensation in Millions of Naira if banned unlawfully. wink
gringrin
Naijaboiy is available ocheesy
Re: Banning On Nairaland: Possible Modification. by Descartes: 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
KelvinGraphics:

gringrin
Naijaboiy is available ocheesy

Wow!!! That's interesting cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maclatunji Has To Be Stopped!! This Is Too Much!! / Evolution Of Humans In Various Countries ! / PHOTO: Young Man & Married Woman Caught In The Act; Disgraced In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.