Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) (15849 Views)

Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) / How To Create Your First Android App Like Instagram / Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by dharyour93(m): 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
The font is not right. I will give a detailed comment after thoroughly going through the app UI uploaded
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
seunoni34:
looks like an hybrib html5 app.
Great design and UI
what CSS /JS framework did you use?
Its a native app. Used java.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
w
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by phorlafemi(f): 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
Good
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
awesome
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by eleko1: 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
cool cool
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by adrainuche(m): 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
Wats. D name
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Superstar007(m): 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
Nice one. Why can't NL have an app like this?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
Great app but I think you should pay more attension to design details.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Kcinho(m): 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
Nice app with no name. You don't want us to download abi?
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
dharyour93:
The font is not right. I will give a detailed comment after thoroughly going through the app UI uploaded
Thanks, Will love to hear from you. Email: elvis.chidera@gmail.com
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by midasbliss(f): 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2014
Nice move, looks more like instagram sha... Abeg make it look more Nigerian...
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
Kcinho:
Nice app with no name. You don't want us to download abi?
Am really sorry sir. am not yet done. I just posted pictures for it to be reviewed. I never knew it will make frontpage. Please, i will try to release it this nite. Thanks.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
adrainuche:
Wats. D name
Jokeflick. Its not yet out.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by 20bc(m): 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
The app is like where they share meme. I like it..... whats the name and where can I download the app.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Ilekeh(f): 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:
This is my first app. Thanks to nollyj and other nairalanders that helped in one way or another. Its a funny image sharing app for the naija community. Need your suggestion, criticism, comments, etc on its design. Thanks.

My evaluation:

1. Although I understand that it's a social app, I'm still not sure what the purpose of the app is for....i.e sharing pictures, social connections or? As a potential client, I'd still not know if you're right for my job.

2. App needs better Information architecture organization

3. No search button

Overall, great job smiley
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
midasbliss:
Nice move, looks more like instagram sha... Abeg make it look more Nigerian...
How sir ?. Thanks.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by NaLaugh: 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
Not Nigerian enough

Get rid of the background image, and replace it with an image of a Nigerian location.

You can't make something for Nigerians, and use a stock photo of a bike trail unrelated to Nigeria.

Keep working at at it. The world can never have enough laughs.

That's where you and I come in. cheesy
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:
This is my first app. Thanks to nollyj and other nairalanders that helped in one way or another. Its a funny image sharing app for the naija community. Need your suggestion, criticism, comments, etc on its design. Thanks.

Come join our team!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1n61hnVoHieq2e8hgyAyG-h22hwtH5uUGhkL4JQiPAAs/viewform
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2014
Ilekeh:

My evaluation:

1. Although I understand that it's a social app, I'm still not sure what the purpose of the app is for....i.e sharing pictures, social connections or? As a potential client, I'd still not know if you're right for my job.

2. App needs better Information architecture organization

3. No search button

Overall, great job smiley
Sharing funny pictures. i don't really get point (2), please explain more. I didn't add search button because we are just starting newly, no much content, don't want the user to be stuck with the no result screen. that is not a gud reason tho. Thanks sir
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2014
NaLaugh:
Not Nigerian enough
How ?
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by seunoni34(m): 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:
Its a native app. Used java.
wow that's great . kudos
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by hardeeboi: 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
how do I download it?
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Descartes: 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:
Books used:
For Android:
Android Programming - The Big Nerd Ranch Guide by Bill Phillips and Brian Hardy
Busy coders guide to android development...
For Java:
Head first java...
Beginning java

Didn't read most of those books to the end, before i went to the official documentation site http://developer.android.com . And goto youtube, search for android design in action (done by roman nurik, nick butcher, ...), try to download as many videos as you can from that channel and watch. Lots of tips here and there.

Am still learning tho, you can add me up on facebook if you need any other thing: http://www.facebook.com/elvis.chidera

Thanks for the link
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by TrishaP(f): 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2014
Onlinebizexpert:
Its like instagram

Op inasmuch as your app is cool, its very much a copy of instagram,
the background
The format
The pics shape

I believe that you should make ur app more unique because this app might become popular and you get sued for copyright infringement

GOOD app tho......I love it

Where is d download link
My exact words. But it's a good work
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Dreyl(m): 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2014
Nice try you will be like me someday..
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Ilekeh(f): 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:
Sharing funny pictures. i don't really get point (2), please explain more. I didn't add search button because we are just starting newly, no much content, don't want the user to be stuck with the no result screen. that is not a gud reason tho. Thanks sir

Information architecture organization is basically the metadata of the images and how they're arranged. Are users able to filter images based on author, ratings, recency, etc?

Damnlol had that problem and going through funny images without having the option to organize them the way I wanted frustrated the crap out of me.

Also, it doesn't matter if it's a new app, still offer a search button/search engine (search algorithm). Within a month or so, you may have over 100k images posted by users. It's better to prepare for the future right now.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by iheanyi40(m): 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
Bros u try i no dey use droid again i 4 download am
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by midasbliss(f): 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:
How sir ?. Thanks.

The designs sir.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
Ilekeh:

Information architecture organization is basically the metadata of the images and how they're arranged. Are users able to filter images based on author, ratings, recency, etc.

Damnlol had that problem and going through funny images without having the option to organize them the way I wanted frustrated the crap out of me.

Also, it doesn't matter if it's a new app, still offer a search button. Within a month or so, you may have over 100k images that users posted. It's better to prepare for the future right now.
Thanks sir. We have a navigation drawer in place (the stuff that u slide out from the left) which allows navigation from category to category and we have tabs for navigation within category (random, new, popular).
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
midasbliss:

The designs sir.
You mean the images, sir ?
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:

snoring.

wish u luck shaaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Just Quit ALX Programme / Bet9ja Naira Adder / Programming Investment- Stutern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.