Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) (15879 Views)

Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) / How To Create Your First Android App Like Instagram / Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
NaLaugh:
Not Nigerian enough

Get rid of the background image, and replace it with an image of a Nigerian location.

You can't make something for Nigerians, and use a stock photo of a bike trail unrelated to Nigeria.

Keep working at at it. The world can never have enough laughs.

That's where you and I come in. cheesy
thanks sir for the points raised. About that cycling image, its just for the sign on page. Most of the funny images will be purely nigerians. Thanks
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2014
hardeeboi:
how do I download it?
sir, its not yet out. The name of the app is jokeflick. It will be out on playstore on or before tuesday. Please follow this thread.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2014
tecno4life:
@op the app is great pls send me download link or berra still put it on play store
the app is not yet out. The name of the app is Jokeflick. Please follow this thread. Thanks sir.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 8:41pm On Dec 06, 2014
Ilekeh:

My thoughts exactly.

Honestly, If I was the designer, I wouldn't release the app as of yet. As a designer myself, I notice a lot of aesthetic changes I would implement.

Also, designers do not speak in user language. It is more beneficial to conduct a full user testing/evaluation--> modify design based on user evaluation before releasing his app.

Good luck smiley
any suggestion for me ?
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by tohero(m): 9:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
Well done bro! A really big one indeed!
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by EMMANTOP1(m): 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
will u b able to earn money from it?
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by henryobinna(m): 9:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:
the name of the app is jokeflick. Its not yet out. It will be released on or before tuesday on playstore
ok
I would prefer a direct link apart from playstore so you can do us a litle favor by uploading it on datafilehost or anyother free cloudservice thanks
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
What forms of encryption are you using for your log-in? Security matters a slot.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by wynie(f): 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
been trying to find it on google playstore couldnt find it dont know if u know a way i cud get it plzzzzzzzzz grin
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Ilekeh(f): 10:55pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:
any suggestion for me ?

I can't give a suggestion for two main reasons:

1. Applications aren't all about the aesthetics (that's why I asked if you added interactions)

2. I need to do a full evaluation
To do a full evaluation, I need you to give me a list of tasks that can be conducted on your app (i.e submit a picture, comment on a picture, rate this picture). My evaluation will be base on your app navigation (fluidity of navigation), consistency of layout of app from page to page, explicit step-to-step interaction (how many steps must I take to get to a target goal) etc.

Also, I need to know your personas (user class of app as in who will be the average users: older adults, younger adults, teens, business owners etc).

For a successful usability testing, you need to take all this aspect into consideration. So far, you did a good job by using familiar social network layout (which reduces learning curve and cognitive workload).

Good luck.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by kayjegs: 11:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
And thats my guy....nice one Elvis...

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Fant(m): 12:08am On Dec 07, 2014
elvis10ten:
Books used:
For Android:
Android Programming - The Big Nerd Ranch Guide by Bill Phillips and Brian Hardy
Busy coders guide to android development...
For Java:
Head first java...
Beginning java

Didn't read most of those books to the end, before i went to the official documentation site http://developer.android.com . And goto youtube, search for android design in action (done by roman nurik, nick butcher, ...), try to download as many videos as you can from that channel and watch. Lots of tips here and there.

Am still learning tho, you can add me up on facebook if you need any other thing: http://www.facebook.com/elvis.chidera
Please sir can you give me these books to read? Please....
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by oscarvicto(m): 12:50am On Dec 07, 2014
elvis10ten:
Books used:
For Android:
Android Programming - The Big Nerd Ranch Guide by Bill Phillips and Brian Hardy
Busy coders guide to android development...
For Java:
Head first java...
Beginning java

Didn't read most of those books to the end, before i went to the official documentation site http://developer.android.com . And goto youtube, search for android design in action (done by roman nurik, nick butcher, ...), try to download as many videos as you can from that channel and watch. Lots of tips here and there.

congratulations Elvis, am very much proud of you......
Am still learning tho, you can add me up on facebook if you need any other thing: http://www.facebook.com/elvis.chidera
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 1:22am On Dec 07, 2014
Fant:

Please sir can you give me these books to read? Please....
Search for them on google with ".pdf" appended to the name.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 1:25am On Dec 07, 2014
henryobinna:
ok
I would prefer a direct link apart from playstore so you can do us a litle favor by uploading it on datafilehost or anyother free cloudservice thanks
Thanks sir. please just follow this thread. i will update it with the link soon.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 1:27am On Dec 07, 2014
wynie:
been trying to find it on google playstore couldnt find it dont know if u know a way i cud get it plzzzzzzzzz grin
Am really sorry. The app is not yet out. I just posted it in the programming section for programmers to give me suggestion, never knew it will make frontpage. I will try my best to release it soon. Just follow this thread. Thanks
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by dolpaz: 4:40am On Dec 07, 2014
nice
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by NaLaugh: 4:47am On Dec 07, 2014
elvis10ten:
thanks sir for the points raised. About that cycling image, its just for the sign on page. Most of the funny images will be purely nigerians. Thanks

That's the point. The ENTIRE app has to have a Nigerian theme, if you want to brand it as a Nigerian focused app.

Get a pic of Third Mainland Bridge or something to use for that.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by henryobinna(m): 4:58am On Dec 07, 2014
elvis10ten:
Thanks sir. please just follow this thread. i will update it with the link soon.
ok
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Kcinho(m): 5:54am On Dec 07, 2014
elvis10ten:
Jokeflick
sounds like a joke app. try n think of something the ladies and guys would love to have celebrities too while still defining what the app stands for(if you want to make money with it). pixflick
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 6:46am On Dec 07, 2014
NaLaugh:

That's the point. The ENTIRE app has to have a Nigerian theme, if you want to brand it as a Nigerian focused app.

Get a pic of Third Mainland Bridge or something to use for that.
Yah, i get you. The nigerian joke app i said is in the sense of the picture content, the app may be used by another country later or now. But for now the picture, the jokes are purely what nigerians can understand and laugh out (mostly our stuff). Making everything solely nigerian, might make others not feel welcome. Please follow this thread, will update it with the link of the app soon. Thanks sir.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by NaLaugh: 6:53am On Dec 07, 2014
elvis10ten:
Yah, i get you. The nigerian joke app i said is in the sense of the picture content, the app may be used by another country later or now. But for now the picture, the jokes are purely what nigerians can understand and laugh out (mostly our stuff). Making everything solely nigerian, might make others not feel welcome. Please follow this thread, will update it with the link of the app soon. Thanks sir.

From all indications you haven't given much thought to what your target audience is.

Nothing kills a project like a halfass approach. Either target a worldwide market, or target a Nigerian market.
The middle-ground of this will dissuade both parties.

It's like selling "unisex" clothes. Ain't nobody gat time fo' dat! cheesy

Good luck with your project though. Peace!
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 6:59am On Dec 07, 2014
NaLaugh:

From all indications you haven't given much thought to what your target audience is.

Nothing kills a project like a halfass approach. Either target a worldwide market, or target a Nigerian market.
The middle-ground of this will dissuade both parties.

It's like selling "unisex" clothes. Ain't nobody gat time fo' dat! cheesy

Good luck with your project though. Peace!
cheesy cheesy . The app will start with nigerians in mind. But i just don't want to change color or images just because its nigerian and then change to another thing if any other country starts using the app. Its got a touch of black and a touch of white in it. Unisex, unicountries, unicontinent. Let me look for a good nigeria picture i can use to replace that anyway,
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by mahyowah(m): 8:08am On Dec 07, 2014
WHAT'S THE APP ALL ABOUT?
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 9:35am On Dec 07, 2014
mahyowah:
WHAT'S THE APP ALL ABOUT?
Funny images.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 07, 2014
The App Looks great...keep up the good work man...kudos
I have to admit tho,the ui does look "instagrammish".Anyway,that can be fixed in an update.
Once again,Great Job.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Fant(m): 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2014
elvis10ten:
Search for them on google with ".pdf" appended to the name.
Can you give me a copy of yours because they are asking me to subscribe. Please....... Especially the first one on Android.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by KenJak(m): 3:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
denkyw:
...lets give him a hand
of applause by liking this comment

Bro, It's A ROUND OF... not A HAND OF...
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by jsunex(m): 3:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
Nice one op, i need a training on android programming, can u help?
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 10:00pm On Dec 07, 2014
jsunex:
Nice one op, i need a training on android programming, can u help?
Yah. email me: elvis.chidera@gmail.com
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Goodjayrecords(m): 12:51am On Dec 08, 2014
elvis10ten I see you! Bravo bros!!

Here's mine, "MyShoppingCartFinder"

http://s3.amazonaws.com/android.phonegap/slicehost-production/apps/1159252/MyShoppingCartFinder-debug.apk

Your pocket-way to shop online without fear and the most legitimate shopping sites in Nigeria and in the world.

Pls download, comment, and share.

Thanks!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bet9ja Naira Adder / I Just Quit ALX Programme / Programming Investment- Stutern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.