Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) (15843 Views)

Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) / How To Create Your First Android App Like Instagram / Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by tecno4life(m): 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2014
@op the app is great pls send me download link or berra still put it on play store
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:
This is my first app. Thanks to nollyj and other nairalanders that helped in one way or another. Its a funny image sharing app for the naija community. Need your suggestion, criticism, comments, etc on its design. Thanks.

snoring.

wish u luck shaaa
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 6:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
Queennelly:

snoring.

wish u luck shaaa
Snoring . Why ?
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Kcinho(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:
Am really sorry sir. am not yet done. I just posted pictures for it to be reviewed. I never knew it will make frontpage. Please, i will try to release it this nite. Thanks.

No problem. You have a nice app dis. I will advise you get a nice name too.....something unique (don't copy). Goodluck
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2014
Kcinho:

No problem. You have a nice app dis. I will advise you get a nice name too.....something unique (don't copy). Goodluck
Jokeflick
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Ilekeh(f): 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:
Thanks sir. We have a navigation drawer in place (the stuff that u slide out from the left) which allows navigation from category to category and we have tabs for navigation within category (random, new, popular).

Sir? Okay cheesy

Cool.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2014
You can contact me if you want to build an app or want to learn:
elvis.chidera@gmail.com
http://facebooke.com/elvis.chidera
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by nollyj: 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2014
@elvis10ten thanks for the mention and I am glad that I have been of help.

The app looks good considering it is your first app. Please don't rush and release this app because this post has made FP.

Make sure you have finished with the little details and other suggestions before release so that you will not end up with negative comments and poor rating in Google Play Store.

Although I haven't seen or used the app but my suggestion will be to use cloud back-end storage system that can scale for user upload images.

Lastly, if you want to make money from it don't make it naija app rather universal app. Advertise it aggressive in naija so that you can get enough downloads that will help the app rank well in Google Play Store.

Nice job and best of luck
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Ilekeh(f): 6:28pm On Dec 06, 2014
nollyj:
The app looks good considering it is your first app. Please don't rush and release this app because this post has made FP.

Make sure you have finished with the little details and other suggestions before release so that you will not end up with negative comments and poor rating in Google Play Store.

Although I haven't seen or used the app but my suggestion will be to use cloud back-end storage system that can scale for user upload images.
Lastly, if you want to make money from it don't make it naija app rather universal app. Advertise it aggressive in naija so that you can get enough downloads that will help the app rank well in Google Play Store.

My thoughts exactly.

Honestly, If I was the designer, I wouldn't release the app as of yet. As a designer myself, I notice a lot of aesthetic changes I would implement.

Also, designers do not speak in user language. It is more beneficial to conduct a full user testing/evaluation--> modify design based on user evaluation before releasing his app.

Good luck smiley
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2014
Ilekeh:

My thoughts exactly.

Honestly, If I was the designer, I wouldn't release the app as of yet. As a designer myself, I notice a lot of aesthetic changes I would implement.

Also, designers do not speak in user language. It is more beneficial to conduct a full user testing/evaluation--> modify design based on user evaluation before releasing his app.

Good luck smiley
Thanks sir.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2014
@all, the app will be released this nite.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
nollyj:

i use google app engine currently. I don't have a google play developer account yet. Will release it on a free market first
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Appswheel(m): 6:37pm On Dec 06, 2014
Download the LAST DAY AT FORCADOS COLLEGE app from google playstore here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AOA.Forcados&hl=en. THE LAST DAYS AT FORCADOS COLLEGE is the official literature text for 2015 JAMB.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by nollyj: 6:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:
i use google app engine currently. I don't have a google play developer account yet. Will release it on a free market first

Ok, google app engine is good.

One suggestion - you have to understand that photo sharing app is very challenging to maintain and it requires money if it becomes successful.

App Engine might be free now but once you exceed your limit you will start paying. Plan for it and save up some money for the unexpected.

Also, the real (huge) download comes from Google Play. Try as much as possible to get a publishers account.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by ewizard1: 6:42pm On Dec 06, 2014
Nice app...

My contributions;

1. Remember to make it available for lower OS Versions.
2. Its the Lollipop Season. Use the Material Design UI.
3. Call for Support - Graphic Designers, etc. A lot are here on NL. I'm sure they would love to have a hand in this.
4. Dont copy any previously designed app. Your app has so much Instagram in it. Whats the purpose of the app? FUNNY PHOTOS SHARING? You could use a pic of a BLACK MAN & WHITE WOMAN laughing real hard (Dont have a touch of Racism in your app) it may go international and someone would point out why you used only a BLACK in your app. It could be more than what you were thinking. For example, theres a Music Player app on Playstore - Z PLAYER, was created by a Nigerian (Temitayo Odesanmi) . The app was very nice and he had a couple of White friends on his team.

You could get more contributions from the great NL.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Exjoker(m): 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
Vivly:
No MB to install it now.
Maybe later.
Lol... Op didn't say it is ready for download btw their is download link...
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by toshodei: 6:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
Nice I love it. Is the download link available? Here is my 2nd web app NoPay ~> http://nopay.comxa.com/. A search engine for free things online like airtime, data, and etc. I know that getting airtime, credit, data and money on our phones is hard so I created a search engine that will get us these things free or at a discount with deals. I will update as time goes on. Please let me know how you feel. A picture is attached. Thanks and Have A Good Saturday & A Great Weekend.

Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
Vivly:
No MB to install it now.
Maybe later.
You'll send it to me. cheesy
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by toshodei: 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
Vivly:
No MB to install it now.
Maybe later.

@Vivly, You should use NoPay to find free airtime, credits and data online. Here is the link ~> http://nopay.comxa.com/ . It will give you deals and help you get the free credits and datas that you need.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 7:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
ewizard1:
Nice app...

My contributions;

1. Remember to make it available for lower OS Versions.
2. Its the Lollipop Season. Use the Material Design UI.
3. Call for Support - Graphic Designers, etc. A lot are here on NL. I'm sure they would love to have a hand in this.
4. Dont copy any previously designed app. Your app has so much Instagram in it. Whats the purpose of the app? FUNNY PHOTOS SHARING? You could use a pic of a BLACK MAN & WHITE WOMAN laughing real hard (Dont have a touch of Racism in your app) it may go international and someone would point out why you used only a BLACK in your app. It could be more than what you were thinking. For example, theres a Music Player app on Playstore - Z PLAYER, was created by a Nigerian (Temitayo Odesanmi) . The app was very nice and he had a couple of White friends on his team.

You could get more contributions from the great NL.
didn't use lollipop material design, because most nigerians won't get it soon. It will just slow done development adding support for lower version of the android os (separate layout, files, etc for them). But will do that later. I didn't copy instagram. You will see that when i upload the app. This design was in my head for the past 3 months. Thanks sir for all the points.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by mamaliki: 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
Nice try, I know you will do better than that soon.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by ibietela2(m): 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2014
Ilekeh:

Information architecture organization is basically the metadata of the images and how they're arranged. Are users able to filter images based on author, ratings, recency, etc?

Damnlol had that problem and going through funny images without having the option to organize them the way I wanted frustrated the crap out of me.

Also, it doesn't matter if it's a new app, still offer a search button/search engine (search algorithm). Within a month or so, you may have over 100k images posted by users. It's better to prepare for the future right now.

Nice suggestions but i think you should give him time to make update from time to time.....
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
More grease to your effort.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by ibietela2(m): 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvis10ten:
Thanks sir. We have a navigation drawer in place (the stuff that u slide out from the left) which allows navigation from category to category and we have tabs for navigation within category (random, new, popular).

Nice work bro, i will suggest you name it jokeflick beta, so you can find a way to make updates for subsequent versions..... Also get terms and conditions/privacy policy in place
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 7:50pm On Dec 06, 2014
Onlinebizexpert:
Its like instagram

Op inasmuch as your app is cool, its very much a copy of instagram,
the background
The format
The pics shape

I believe that you should make ur app more unique because this app might become popular and you get sued for copyright infringement

GOOD app tho......I love it

Where is d download link
thanks sir. I didn't copy instagram (i did get inspiration from them for tablet pages). I used the default android tools and icons with no much modification. Thanks sir.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
GodPunishAllMods:
abeg com do 1 4 nl.no b dat frnt page notifier o coz no b app b dat
i will gladly do one for free if and only if oga seun gives me the go ahead order.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 7:57pm On Dec 06, 2014
grimandevil:
nice i must say. whts d name mak i download. i didnt see it in google play ooo
jokeflick is the name. Its not yet out, Will upload it on playstore on monday but it will be released today.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 8:00pm On Dec 06, 2014
Mollybobog1:
whats d name of the app
jokeflick
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
henryobinna:
seun am not downloading it, it contains an insecure download.

hehehe..but app looks cool oh.. where the link joor
the name of the app is jokeflick. Its not yet out. It will be released on or before tuesday on playstore
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
20bc:
The app is like where they share meme. I like it..... whats the name and where can I download the app.
The name of the app is Jokeflick. Its not yet out. I hope to release it this night. please subscribe to the thread. Thanks sir.
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by simdam500(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
Nl doesn't have a app yet
Re: Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
clean and creative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bet9ja Naira Adder / Programming Investment- Stutern / Software Developers Could Save Nigeria After Oil - Mark Essien

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.