Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,016 members, 7,838,555 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano (5990 Views)

Ali Modu Sheriff Secretly Visited The Impounded Russian Plane / France Admits Ownership Of Seized Plane In Kano / Pictures of Russian Cargo Plane impounded in Kano and its consignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2014
BlackTechnology:

A plane from Russia must pass through Chad before Nigeria.

Check your map

And who told you the aircraft was from Russia?

The aircraft landed in Kano first before planing to head to N'Djamena, Chad.

This aircraft is a Russian registered aircraft doesn't mean it was a Russian Military plane. I believe it departed from Ukraine and the American's hands are all over this.

Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, Antanov jets have been sold to private companies which are hired by everyone from formula one teams to even Jigawa state government in moving heavy freight around.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2014
Any info on the plane's call sign?

I can track it's flight plan on line and we can know exactly where it originated from.

My bet is Ukraine and not Russia!

https://flightaware.com/live/

1 Like

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by BlackTechnology: 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

This aircraft is a Russian registered aircraft doesn't mean it was a Russian Military plane. I believe it departed from Ukraine and the American's hands are all over this.

Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, Antanov jets have been sold to private companies which are hired by everyone from formula one teams to even Jigawa state government in moving heavy freight around.

You are echoing my point

To me someone is not happy about our new found love with Russia

In short

Someone is frightened about Russia involvement.

I suspect

CIA, Chad and local politicians.
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by BlackTechnology: 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2014
BackDatAssUp:
Any info on the plane's call sign?

I can track it's flight plan on line and we can know exactly where it originated from.

My bet is Ukraine and not Russia!

https://flightaware.com/live/

It has nothing to do with Ukraine

Mark my words

Someone is not happy about our new found love with Russia.

That person is close

Remember US has a drone base at Niger.

I don't know of US presence in Chad but that plane originated close by to destroy our Russian intense relationship.
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by papaejima1: 10:41pm On Dec 06, 2014
Nigeria buys the T-72 Main Battle Tank, The Oplot. Buys Mi-35 Hind attack helicopters, the MRAP bigfoot and abt to take delivery of close to 40 F-17 jet fighters plus others and all some guy could dream up was a cockamamie story of FG seizing a chadian plane so as to acquire arms from a roundabout means.

Did you need to authorise the above mentioned fighting equipment before b4 they were brought in?
Jonathan at this stage does not need to convince his detractors, he simply does his thing and those who don't like it can do janglover on high-tension.

4 Likes

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2014
BlackTechnology:

You are echoing my point

In short

I suspect

I am sure the flight wanted to refuel before heading to Ndjamena.

The Nigerian security on ground were notified by either the Russians or Israelis on the actually contents of the cargo on board.
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by BlackTechnology: 10:47pm On Dec 06, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

I am sure the flight wanted to refuel before heading to Ndjamena.

The Nigerian security on ground were notified by either the Russians or Israelis on the actually contents of the cargo on board.

No its not refuelling.

Check your map and you will see

That the plane must pass through Chad before Nigeria.

This is a set up to discredit GEJ alliance with mother Russia.
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
BlackTechnology:

No its not refuelling.

No. If you are assuming the aircraft came directly from Russia then the routing will be through Chad.

Another point you are missing is that the aircraft will have to pass through Libyan airspace.

The Libyan airspace has since been shutdown for commercial flight so the routing would most likely have been through Algeria.

Another thing we are not sure of if the Aircraft is even a Russian registered aircraft.

It most likely is an Antonov but that doesn't mean it is a Russian operated aircraft.

Ukraine cargo companies leased antonovs from the Russian military after the collapse of the soviet union.

Most of the Antonovs in commercial use today are operated by Ukrainian avition companies with Ukrainian crews.

This is because the Ukraine was more open to do business with Europe than Russia.

I know this because a particular aviation company in Nigeria leased an Antonov from the Ukraine for local use here in Nigeria.

The journalists would have made the assumption that since it is a Russian manufactured aircraft it would be a Russian operated aircraft.

Let us wait for more details.

But I am sure about the Ukrainian angle.
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by owobokiri(m): 10:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
Inspite of your furious anti Jonathan rants on these pages, I still used to credit you with more sense than this. This putrid post of yours up there is by far the dumbest post I have read here in recent times. You need to take a chill pill. Jonathan isn't dying anytime soon.

egift:

Most times I laugh at some of the kiddies strategies of the current administration. Today we heard that the FG has impounded a Russian plane loaded with military hardware heading to Chad. This administration is funny at best.

Here are my take on this new game:
- The hardware is a Federal Government of Nigeria's arms purchase.
- It is a joint operation of Nigeria, Chad and Russians.
- Playing the Act of Impounding the plane and confiscating the Arms, makes Nigeria appear able to confront Russia and clampdown on Chad.
- At the same time deliver to Nigeria the goods we have already paid for.
- It is also good to know the entire delivery could have been concluded with anyone knowing, but Jonathan will not pass any opportunity to give his low rating some push.
- Also if the publicity stunt backfires, they will let the plane fly (with or without the arms), while waiting for another scheme to be planned.

In all we all want Jonathan to take charge and stop these wanton killings of innocent Nigerians and stop playing politics with the lives of Nigerians.

God help Nigeria to overcome all her challenges.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by BlackTechnology: 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

No. If you are assuming the aircraft came directly from Russia then the routing will be through Chad.

Another point you are missing is that the aircraft will have to pass through Libyan airspace.

The Libyan airspace has since been shutdown for commercial flight so the routing would most likely have been through Algeria.

Another thing we are not sure of if the Aircraft is even a Russian registered aircraft.

It most likely is an Antonov but that doesn't mean it is a Russian operated aircraft.

Ukraine cargo companies leased antonovs from the Russian military after the collapse of the soviet union.

Most of the Antonovs in commercial use today are operated by Ukrainian avition companies with Ukrainian crews.

This is because the Ukraine was more open to do business with Europe than Russia.

I know this because a particular aviation company in Nigeria leased an Antonov from the Ukraine for local use here in Nigeria.

The journalists would have made the assumption that since it is a Russian manufactured aircraft it would be a Russian operated aircraft.

Let us wait for more details.

But I am sure about the Ukrainian angle.

OK

I get you now especially when you explained the flight route through Algeria .
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
BlackTechnology:

OK

I get you now especially when you explained the flight route through Algeria .

So you see the need for refueling.

Again we should not assume that because it was a Russian aircraft (manufactured or registered) that it was a Russian operated flight.

The Ukrainians operate the Antanov for commercial use.

Here is a link to the official Antanov site showing the contact address http://www.antonov.com/contacts
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by jmaine: 11:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
The OP is confirmed clown . . .Please pay him less heed . . . . cheesy

Can the OP please give us the latest update Faith Sakwe Edward pregnancy (GEJ Foster Daughter) ? . . . . .

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by egift(m): 11:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
owobokiri:
Inspite of your furious anti Jonathan rants on these pages, I still used to credit you with more sense than this. This putrid post of yours up there is by far the dumbest post I have read here in recent times. You need to take a chill pill. Jonathan isn't dying anytime soon.

So citizens of Nigeria seeing through the lies of Jonathan's administration and asking for accountability, is now a bad move? "Oya clap for ya self".

1 Like

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by teemy(m): 11:31pm On Dec 06, 2014
@all whether or not the op egift is pro or non pro the president is not the issue here but strictly his personal deducement from currently available info. proper feedback is what both blacktechnology and backdatassup have done. just need to add yours

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
egift:

So citizens of Nigeria seeing through the lies of Jonathan's administration and asking for accountability, is now a bad move? "Oya clap for ya self".

Stop showing your stupid1ty.

I have already closed the case in another thread

BackDatAssUp:

Antanov are operated commercially from Ukraine

Here is a link to the official Antanov site showing the contact address http://www.antonov.com/contacts

The Ukrainians and not the Russians operated this aircraft.

I can bet my last buck that the aircraft departed from somewhere in eastern Europe (Bulgaria, Hungry, Ukraine) and that it's original flight path would have been through Egypt but diplomatic pressure from Russia and Israel on getting the intel on the contents of this cargo forced the Egyptians to deny the cargo aircraft airspace clearance mid flight.
The aircraft was then forced to reroute through the Mediterranean into Algeria given that the Libyan air space is shut down for civilian purpose.

The crew was then desperate for refueling and was then forced to request entry into Nigeria for that same purpose.
Unknowing to them the Nigerian security outfits had been tipped off by the Russians and Israelis.

This is checkmate move from Putin on Obama.
https://www.nairaland.com/2032510/security-agencies-investigate-impounded-antonov#28657134
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by egift(m): 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
BackDatAssUp:
I have already closed the case in another thread

I like the logic in your comment, but you will agree that none of the details or reports has mentioned "Ukrainians" as being the ones transporting the Arms.

This topic like others is for the Government to provide details and truthful ones regarding the issue on ground. No amount of insults will stop Nigerians from demanding a investigations and better explanation on this. So many things have been swept under the carpet - this will not be one.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by opiaoku: 11:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
egift:

I like the logic in your comment, but you will agree that none of the details or reports has mentioned "Ukrainians" as being the ones transporting the Arms.

This topic like others is for the Government to provide details and truthful ones regarding the issue on ground. No amount of insults will stop Nigerians from demanding a investigations and better explanation on this. So many things have been swept under the carpet - this will not be one.

gej till 2019

1 Like

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
egift:

Antanovs are operated commercially by a company in Ukraine.

Check the contact address provided
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by teemy(m): 11:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
it would also be a good idea for the results of the official investigation to be released. however, it is also necessary that with international events like this there is always spinoffs, propaganda and deals to be made. just keep an open mind.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by DaBullIT(m): 12:04am On Dec 07, 2014
BackDatAssUp:
The aircraft is a Russian registered aircraft does not make it a Russian military aircraft!.

The aircraft most likely was hired by Ukrainian arm dealers.

The connection is most likely the US govt behind this and not the Russians!

Its like US embassy denied you Visa , you hate US with passion , I fell your hand yesterday and I'm happy to do it again today ,

USA and its government is not made up of angry, disappointed and mindless rats like you

USA will not go as far as getting a Russian plane to Nigeria just to de-reputate Russia, only a zombie like you will do that

Seeing Ukraine and Russia are not friends for now, Setting Russia up will achieve nothing

Stop being stewwpied

4 Likes

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by DaBullIT(m): 12:05am On Dec 07, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

Yeah

Yeah

Yeah

Go back and read what you wrote , makes absolutely no sense

I'll keep tracing and tracking you until you start having some sense

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 07, 2014
[quote author=DaBullIT post=28657995][/quote]

magga
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 07, 2014
oscarforreal:

The citizenries are clamouring on the present bad leadership we have, you want to commit another political genocide bringing in a symbol of failure as David Mark? Have you passed through his family house along the road at otukpo and environs? Go and see for yourself his senatorial discrict he which He (David Mark) presently represents and I bet you that you will lead a peaceful protest calling for his resignation.
Nigerian populace can MANAGE the present Jonaadaft for another failed term but bringing an epitome of failure as David Mark would be nothing short of felony against the Nigerian State.
And I hope the epitome of good governance are not those pple upon looting d country
Their tribe still bear the tag "stark illiteracy"
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 07, 2014
DaBullIT:

Its like US embassy denied you Visa , you hate US with passion , I fell your hand yesterday and I'm happy to do it again today ,

USA and its government is not made up of angry, disappointed and mindless rats like you

USA will not go as far as getting a Russian plane to Nigeria just to de-reputate Russia, only a zombie like you will do that

Seeing Ukraine and Russia are not friends for now, Setting Russia up will achieve nothing

Stop being stewwpied

I am not your father.

Try another poster

poor bastard
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 07, 2014
Antonov is Ukrainian not Russian.

Ilyushin is Russian.

It's basically junk journalism by folks who don't know geography.
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:12am On Dec 07, 2014
BlackTechnology:

No its not refuelling.

So, someone wants to discredit GEJ by giving him free weapons, right?

You GEJ supporters are so dense in the head it's incredible.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 07, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
So, someone wants to discredit GEJ by giving him free weapons, right?

You GEJ supporters are so dense in the head it's incredible.

How is your mum?
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by DaBullIT(m): 12:19am On Dec 07, 2014
You got bitten by the accuse-CIA-bug-too ? You and your friend you quoted ehn. Paranoid and unreasonable , What is US benefiting from Nigeria that would make US react in just a few days of cutting ties with them and what makes you think CIA's first reaction will be setting up Russia , ? We'll keep a leash on all these blind followers and intentional conspiracy peddlers

Under normal circumstances a plane flying to Nigeria would pass through Niger Republic and Chad before getting to Kano , check airways and maps

BlackTechnology:

You are echoing my point

In short

I suspect

1 Like

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:20am On Dec 07, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

How is your mum?
She's good, with the Grandkids since it's a weekend. Hows yours? When was the last time she travelled on good roads for 1500miles straight without a single pothole? What about electricity? When was the last time she enjoyed 24hr/day electricity for 50yrs without a single second of disruption? When was the last time water came running out of her taps? How's her health care? What does her pension look like? What of her Social Security?

Mad man, go play somewhere else....preferably in the middle of a highway.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 07, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

Mad man, go play somewhere else....preferably in the middle of a highway.

Technically I am your step dad.

be nice
Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:25am On Dec 07, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

Technically I am your step dad.

be nice

In reality your father is also your brother, uncle and Cousin. F*uxxck off.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Impounded Russian Plane In Kano by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 07, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

In reality your father is also your brother, uncle and Cousin. F*uxxck off.

Don't let me get my belt boi!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Port-Harcourt Serial Killing: Rivers Assembly Sets Up Committee To Curb It / Behold Your *69* Year Old New President From 2023 / The West Caused President Buhari's Ear Infection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.