Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! (4235 Views)

What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health / Strange People I Met Back Then In School / Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Daniel2802(m): 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
I just went outside and I looked up to see the moon. Lo and behold the moon's colour is orange. Would have snapped it but my camera isn't that sharp. For proof just step outside and look at the North direction .
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2014
God!!! It's true o.
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Adeoba10(m): 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2014
Na person b dis?

1 Like

Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
Gradually getting white now.
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Daniel2802(m): 7:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
Gradually getting white now.
Yea and its rising up gradually.
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by QSheba: 8:00pm On Dec 06, 2014
Did you guys do geography at all smh

2 Likes

Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Oluwatosean(m): 8:50pm On Dec 06, 2014
Adeoba10:
Na person b dis?
hahahaha, i no dey sure. I tink he z a lycan. The full moon dey affect am
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Daniel2802(m): 9:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
QSheba:
Did you guys do geography at all smh
Yes I did any question?
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by kilokeys(m): 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
Oluwatosean:

lol exactly
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by QSheba: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2014
Daniel2802:

Yes I did any question?
No question just continue
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by rattlesnake(m): 9:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
Wow its true oooo!!!

We that schooled in Pakistan the moon color is striped blue undecided

Ode angry

4 Likes

Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by unibenstudent1(m): 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
Daniel2802:
I just went outside and I looked up to see the moon. Lo and behold the moon's colour is orange. Would have snapped it but my camera isn't that sharp. For proof just step outside and look at the North direction .
stop taking weed
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by djtommy(m): 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2014
Thats true o i also observe it ...let me try and upload the picture i snapped

Its not too clear ,but this is it.

Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Daniel2802(m): 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2014
Oluwatosean:
Yes I am
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Daniel2802(m): 9:37pm On Dec 06, 2014
The fact that you didn't observed it doesn't mean that am talking poo.
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Daniel2802(m): 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2014
djtommy:
Thats true o i also observe it ...let me try and upload the picture i snapped
Please try to.
Will appreciate it.
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Fabdedon(m): 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2014
see dem wolfs..undecided
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by UncleSnr(m): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
Harvest and Hunter's moons

A harvest moon

"Harvest Moon" and "Hunter's Moon" are traditional terms for the full moons occurring in autumn, in the Northern Hemisphere usually in September and October respectively. The "Harvest Moon" is the full moon closest to the autumnal equinox (22 or 23 September), and the "Hunter's Moon" is the one following it. The names are recorded from the early 18th century.[12] OED for "Harvest Moon" cites a 1706 reference, and for "Hunter's Moon" a 1710 edition of The British Apollo, where the term is attributed to "the country people" (The Country People call this the Hunters-Moon.) The names became traditional in American folklore, where they are now often popularly attributed to "the Native Americans".[13] The Feast of the Hunters' Moon is a yearly festival in Lafayette, Indiana, held in late September or early October each year since 1968.[14] In 2010, the Harvest moon occurred on the night of equinox itself (some 51⁄2 hours after the point of equinox) for the first time since 1991.[15][16]

All full moons rise around the time of sunset. Because the moon orbits the earth in the same direction the earth is rotating, the moon rises later each day – on average about 50.47 minutes later each day [17] The Harvest Moon and Hunter's Moon are unique because the time difference between moonrises on successive evenings is much shorter than average. The moon rises approximately 30 minutes later from one night to the next, as seen from about 40 degrees N or S latitude. Thus, there is no long period of darkness between sunset and moonrise for several days following the actual date of the full moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_moon#Harvest_and_Hunter.27s_moons

3 Likes

Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Daniel2802(m): 9:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
UncleSnr:
Harvest and Hunter's moons

A harvest moon

"Harvest Moon" and "Hunter's Moon" are traditional terms for the full moons occurring in autumn, in the Northern Hemisphere usually in September and October respectively. The "Harvest Moon" is the full moon closest to the autumnal equinox (22 or 23 September), and the "Hunter's Moon" is the one following it. The names are recorded from the early 18th century.[12] OED for "Harvest Moon" cites a 1706 reference, and for "Hunter's Moon" a 1710 edition of The British Apollo, where the term is attributed to "the country people" (The Country People call this the Hunters-Moon.) The names became traditional in American folklore, where they are now often popularly attributed to "the Native Americans".[13] The Feast of the Hunters' Moon is a yearly festival in Lafayette, Indiana, held in late September or early October each year since 1968.[14] In 2010, the Harvest moon occurred on the night of equinox itself (some 51⁄2 hours after the point of equinox) for the first time since 1991.[15][16]

All full moons rise around the time of sunset. Because the moon orbits the earth in the same direction the earth is rotating, the moon rises later each day – on average about 50.47 minutes later each day [17] The Harvest Moon and Hunter's Moon are unique because the time difference between moonrises on successive evenings is much shorter than average. The moon rises approximately 30 minutes later from one night to the next, as seen from about 40 degrees N or S latitude. Thus, there is no long period of darkness between sunset and moonrise for several days following the actual date of the full moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_moon#Harvest_and_Hunter.27s_moons
Thanks that's what I saw.

2 Likes

Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Oluwatosean(m): 10:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
Daniel2802:

Yes I am
abeg cum bite me, m sef wan turn werewolve

1 Like

Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by joeace2020(m): 10:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
nawa.. so many Nigerians are really not educated. no wonder a clueless one came from their midst.. voted by them to bcum president. 2014 n someones amazed by an orange moon color.. good lawd!
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Daniel2802(m): 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2014
Oluwatosean:
abeg cum bite me, m sef wan turn werewolve
I don't bite anyhow.
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Abbey2sam(m): 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2014
Ebi like nah children full nairaland o

1 Like

Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Daniel2802(m): 10:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
joeace2020:
nawa.. so many Nigerians are really not educated. no wonder a clueless one came from their midst.. voted by them to bcum president. 2014 n someones amazed by an orange moon color.. good lawd!
So many Nigerians are not educated....like seriously do you think just because you are educated makes you know everything, well my brother it doesn't. Life is all about learning we learn new things everyday e.g. I learnt that when you leave a wooden stool outside under the hot sun for a long time it cracks and can break and also today thanks to UncleSnr I know that there is something called hunter and harvest moon.
As for being amazed at an orange moon, I call that curiosity.

4 Likes

Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by barackodam: 11:57pm On Dec 06, 2014
Orange moon, seen it countless times this year
undecided
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by lanxlot(m): 12:12am On Dec 07, 2014
joeace2020:
make I hear word. we are all ignorant in sum subjects. u may b Gud in geography but may knw little Or ntn in biology....does that make u uneducated? hw many neurons do u av in ur brain, what are glial cells u go 1 ask google nw.

1 Like

Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by realK: 1:10am On Dec 07, 2014
Daniel2802:

So many Nigerians are not educated....like seriously do you think just because you are educated makes you know everything, well my brother it doesn't. Life is all about learning we learn new things everyday e.g. I learnt that when you leave a wooden stool outside under the hot sun for a long time it cracks and can break and also today thanks to UncleSnr I know that there is something called hunter and harvest moon.
As for being amazed at an orange moon, I call that curiosity.

Supported! No school teaches you everything. You are educated when you become open minded and start learning from your environment, observing and asking questions even on the seemingly obvious things. Education should free your mind.

Albert Einstein “Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.”
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Ezedon(m): 1:12am On Dec 07, 2014
If u've been observant u cud ve notice it, after the full moon, it diminishes thats when it appears orange with larger size just like evenin or early mornin sun
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by oliidell(m): 5:10am On Dec 07, 2014
Picture is not clear, but I can see tree stumps, a wooden bench, iron bucket, a low fence and a mud house....pls wat part of naija is this?

1 Like

Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 07, 2014
It won't have hurt you to research why the moon color was orange rather than rush here and create this embarrassing thread.

Goes to show that most Nigerian youths these days are stark illiterates.
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 07, 2014
“What in blazes is our Moon doing way out there? It’s too far out to be a true satellite of Earth , it is too big to have been captured by the Earth. The chances of such a capture having been effected and the Moon then having taken up a nearly circular orbit about the Earth are too small to make such an eventuality credible. . . . But, then, if the Moon is neither a true satellite of the Earth nor a captured one, what is it?” – Isaac Asimov, Asimov on Astronomy,” Doubleday, 1974; Mercury Press 1963; also quoted in Don Wilson’s book, Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon (1975).

The moon is a spaceship!

Hollow Moon: The Moon’s mean density is 3.34 gm/cm3 (3.34 times an equal volume of water) whereas the Earth’s is 5.5. What does this mean? In 1962, NASA scientist Dr. Gordon MacDonald stated,

“If the astronomical data are reduced, it is found that the data require that the interior of the Moon is more like a hollow than a homogeneous sphere.”

Nobel chemist Dr. Harold Urey suggested the Moon’s reduced density is because of large areas inside the Moon where there is “simply a cavity.”

MIT’s Dr. Sean C. Solomon wrote,

“The Lunar Orbiter experiments vastly improved our knowledge of the Moon’s gravitational field… indicating the frightening possibility that the Moon might be hollow.”

In Carl Sagan’s treatise, Intelligent Life in the Universe, the famous astronomer stated, “A natural satellite cannot be a hollow object.”

Therefore, the Moon may not be a “natural” satellite at all.

Moon Echoes: On November 20, 1969, the Apollo 12 crew jettisoned the lunar module ascent stage causing it to crash onto the Moon. The LM’s impact (about 40 miles from the Apollo 12 landing site) created an artificial moonquake with startling characteristics—the Moon reverberated like a bell for more than an hour.

This phenomenon was repeated with Apollo 13 (intentionally commanding the third stage to impact the Moon), with even more startling results. Seismic instruments recorded that the reverberations lasted for three hours and twenty minutes and traveled to a depth of twenty-five miles, leading to the conclusion that the Moon has an unusually light—or even no—core. To put it into perspective, when the Earth experiences a large earthquake, the reverberations from the quake usually only last minutes due to the density of the planet.

Weird Orbit: Our Moon is the only Moon in the solar system that has a stationary, near-perfect circular orbit (although it is still elliptical). Stranger still, the Moon’s center of mass is about 6000 feet closer to the Earth than its geometric center (which should cause wobbling), but the Moon’s bulge is on the far side of the Moon, away from the Earth. It seems that “something” must have put the moon in orbit with its precise altitude, course, and speed.
Re: Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!! by tofam3k3(m): 10:19am On Dec 07, 2014
peculiar case of colour blindness

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is The World Deadliest Sniper / Only A Genius Can Solve This Question / How To Apply For Admission In Lithuania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.