Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed (36146 Views)

Ex-governor Who Crashed Ini Edo’s Marriage Exposed / 'I Didn't Break Ini Edo's Marriage',yul Edochie Exclaimed. / Actress Ini Edo's Marriage To Phillip Ehiagwina Crashes(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by lalasticlala(m): 11:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
It is no longer news that top actress Ini Edo’s marriage to Philips Ehiagwina has collapsed. So much has been written mostly by writers relying on third party sources as to why the marriage failed.
The widely speculated reason has been the issue of infidelity that the husband alleged.

But was that the main reason the couple went their separate ways? According to a source close to the couple and was there when the romance started in 2008, and remained close to the now divorced couple, the media has been scratching the surface of what indeed was a story of irreconcilable differences the actress endured for over six years of her marriage to her estranged husband; and why she gave her all to sustain the marriage. It is a story as told by an insider who knew the couple way back from New York, where Philips once lived, before moving to Texas, then to Atlanta and now Ghana.
“I think Ini Edo was badly in love. Philips was a charmer and, as a human being and deeply in love, she followed her heart. It is so sad that a woman blessed with such a good heart could be treated in such a hurtful manner. Most people may not know, but Ini Edo is a dedicated and totally committed spouse any man could hope to have. That’s why she endured all she did, for six years without letting the world know the pain she was going through in her marriage,” the source stated.

“Most people do not know that Ini Edo gave up a lot of acting jobs to be with her husband in America and, unlike the widely peddled story that the actress was involved in romantic relationships with other men, for the six years that Ini was married to Philips, she never cheated on him. Ini Edo adored and loved Philips; she was very fond of him, cooked his meals personally, and was practically splitting her time between two continents, all in her efforts to be a good wife.

“ There is no doubt that Ini was madly in love with her ex-husband.

Our source stated that the marriage began to experience challenges months after the wedding that took place in Houston, Texas.

[b]“Philips financial stability was still a work in progress but as a dedicated wife, Ini was determined to support and encourage her husband. She wanted him to be more frugal and to invest whatever resources he had in things that will yield some dividends. But things did not quite work out, “ the source said.

“ Ini Edo is very industrious and wanted combined efforts from her husband to get things done. Eventually fights began to occur.

The last straw that broke the camel’s back was the house Ini bought in Lekki, a beautiful edifice.

“Philips wanted it to be a joint property, but Ini vehemently said no, that she would have none of that. Philips was said to have threatened to move out of their home if Ini refused to put his name on the deed. She stood her grounds and Philips also made good his threat.
He moved out of the house and took up residence with another lady in Accra, Ghana which has been his home for the past six months.
All entreaties by family members for Philips to return home were rebuffed; he wanted his name on the deed or no marriage.
For three months, Ini Edo did not set her eyes on her husband and he had started flaunting his new girlfriend to spite Ini. Scheduled appointments by her father in-law to resolve the issue amicably were rebuffed by Philips and ini was shocked [/b]

“ There is no truth to the story that was peddled that Ini Edo was involved in extra-marital affairs. It was Philips who actually did not respect the sanctity of his marital vows. While still legally married, he left his matrimonial home and moved in with another lady in Ghana”. When I contacted Ini Edo and asked her to conform what our source had told us, she said she was donewith that chapter of her life and was looking forward to new possibilities.

“Ekerete, you were there when we started dating and eventually got married. Does anything that has been written about me, remotely resembles who and what I am about? I wish Philips the best in life”, she said.

Efforts to contact Philips were not successful, but we hope someday to get his own side of the story.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/revealed-last-ini-edos-marriage-failed-2/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by LaurelP(m): 11:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
I'm still searching for d revelation bro

14 Likes

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
Marriage isn't always a thing for celebrities.

1 Like

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by PROCTOR: 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
So the person(source) has been following them around

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by MuguliciousMUGU: 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
Her marriage ended because of cheating... Thats all... No long story

26 Likes

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by doctokwus: 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
One sided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by felixchip(m): 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
It's a pity. Take heart.
If actually Phillips' ex-wife had warned Ini of the impending danger, and she continued, then, it's something I guess she'd prepared.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by OCTAVO: 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by holatin(m): 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
This is a one sided story

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by BAYKEM(m): 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
Home Crashes! God save us!
Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by Nmeri17: 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
the so-called source sounds biased undecided I am trying albeit unsuccessfully to reconcile the person he/she is trying to paint and it doesn't tally with the Ini Edo I know embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by Isiterere(m): 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
I don't belief it
*closed source; who is that, by the way?

ALL IZZ WELL

3 Likes

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by Abdgafarplenty(m): 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
it's spoilt anywa
Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by publicenemy(m): 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
this " Amebo " source giving thhis details sacrificed her life for the past 6yrs monitoring Ini Edo and her husband abi?

10 Likes

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by Neldrizzy(m): 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
Last to comment
Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by lekjons(m): 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
all d threads on fp 2day r just borin,anyway i'll giv u wot u want #mycharitycomment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by Neldrizzy(m): 3:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by Tic4tac(m): 3:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
next news!
Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by Neldrizzy(m): 3:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by Neldrizzy(m): 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
No trespassing.. i don buy PLENTY LAND
Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by Neldrizzy(m): 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by slimzypink(f): 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
the insider is Ini edo I guess

5 Likes

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by Neldrizzy(m): 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
i wan Build ESTaTE here cheesy
Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by 9jahubcom(m): 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
OK
Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
wink

Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by DoubleFaith(m): 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
News
Re: Revealed At Last: Why Ini Edo’s Marriage Failed by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stella Damasus Shows Off Slim Figure / Kcee, Mr. Ibu, Osita Iheme, Chinedu Ikedieze And Others In New Group Photo / Tonto Dikeh: I Feel Dirty Dragging Bobrisky Online Everytime But Have No Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.